Well, I'm watching the Laker game and was surprised to see that Blackberry is sponsering the telecast.

Getting some great screentime in commercials (which I think are pretty good and are really showing off the great qualties BB has to offer) and in the game itself (Blackberry Bold Prediction, etc).

Just glad to see BB advertising aggresively.

Comments?
    12-25-11 06:46 PM
    I was glad to see this too. Had a couple people over who said, is blackberry trying to make a comeback! I thought it was funny and after showing them the bold they loved it.
    12-25-11 07:40 PM
    I've been watchin ABC and ESPN all day, amd I have been really happy with seeing allll this BB! No more damn samsung this and apple that! Just a pretty phone during timeouts of a much belated start to the NBA season!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-25-11 07:52 PM
    Same here. I was very impressed with the Blackberry marketing and coverage during the games. Well done RIM, well done.
    12-25-11 07:57 PM
    Yep and don't forget the "BlackBerry Bold Predictions" from the commentators and analysts too.
    12-25-11 08:48 PM
    Yea I saw them too, this is literally the first time I have seen any blackberry commercials in my life on tv. I'm happy they sponsored these games
    12-25-11 08:55 PM
    I've been watching the games all day and I must admit, I'm impressed......with the games too
    12-25-11 09:00 PM
    I stared at my 9930 after every commercial...so beautiful.
    blackberry-pimp likes this.
    12-25-11 09:44 PM
    I saw a little while back BlackBerry was sponsoring I believe it was a college football broadcast was very surpirised to see there blackberry name up there.
    12-25-11 10:09 PM
    Smart move... So many people anxiously waiting for the NBA season to start and I bet a lot were watching it on Christmas as most had off of work.

They just need a couple of spots in Next week's Giants/Cowgirl game (NFL) and a few in the superbowl.
    12-25-11 10:11 PM
    honestly not great ads (should show more bb specific stuff, like bbm) but at least bb is advertising..

I just saw a sick ad with some DJ guy (blond hair); I want to find out who he is?? Anyone know? I tried to google it but its too new of an ad I think..
    12-25-11 10:13 PM
    Good commercials. Good to see 3-. Trying to be relevant with a mainstream audience. I hope this helps sales.
    12-25-11 10:53 PM
    honestly not great ads (should show more bb specific stuff, like bbm) but at least bb is advertising..

I just saw a sick ad with some DJ guy (blond hair); I want to find out who he is?? Anyone know? I tried to google it but its too new of an ad I think..
    Yea that's the only ad Ive seen the rest has been the announcers just saying its being presented by blackberry
    12-25-11 11:26 PM

I think the most important part was that there are commercials, because I could say they were brilliant commercials.
    12-25-11 11:28 PM
    Very proud day to be a BlackBerry owner, I'll be getting the 9930 on Sprint in 3 weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    josayeee likes this.
    12-26-11 12:29 AM
    I think the most important part was that there are commercials, because I could say they were brilliant commercials.
    Agreed. And the light-bike commercial emphasized BBM/Wikitude and their connection extremely well. it was definitely something to get people interested!
    12-26-11 12:44 AM
    Yea that's a good point. That light bike commercial was pretty awesome now that ithink about it. I wanna do it!

I think a huge selling point for bb could be the bis network and its data compression. I have the 200 mb and never get near the limit because of it and for heavy downloading/video watching, wifi seems to be everywhere and at my house. Goooo RIM!
    12-26-11 11:44 AM
    i heard this morning something about Blackberry sponsoring some New Year's concert in Times Square, I think it was...Bold move, Blackberry!!!!!!
    12-26-11 12:09 PM
    Wow! Impressed lol
    12-26-11 01:29 PM
    I like the commercials as well.. I love biking, maybe thats why.. i'm up in the air as to how much of the functionality they should show..

I know that nike has great marketing but none of their commercials are ever about their products, more about the image they want to send out.. but in this case, I think showing the functionality is important because thats is a key feature about buying a particular phone..but I think they should also focus on bringing people together, something like "reach out and PING somene" lol.
    12-26-11 01:42 PM
    +1 for the positivity. I missed the commercial (I was doing something on my blackberry at the time) but caught the tail end of it and it made me happy. The 99xx deserves to be a big hit. It is a great phone in my opinion.
    12-26-11 09:38 PM
    Just saw the DJ commercial and the DJ supporting Blackberry is Diplo. Great DJ (check out 'C'mon' Diplo vs. Tiesto (and the remix with Busta Rhymes)). That commercial is awesome, especially for someone like me who loves the electronic music scene like most 18 year olds. BB seems to be targeting all audiences, and especially the younger generation with these commercials. Showing off BBM and the social apps.
    austriker likes this.
    12-28-11 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD