Hey guys!

I have purchased a BlackBerry Bold 9900 outright through Telstra (Australia).
    I should receive the phone by Thursday and I would like to know a few things if anyone can help me.

I want to completely wipe the phone the minute I receive it (removing the entire OS) and flash the latest 7.1 leaked 7.1.0.267 from the CrackBerry OS page.

Can someone explain how to completelywipe and remove the current OS and flash the new leaked one from scratch?
    Would I just use BBSAK and select Wipe, download the leaked OS and install, then LoadOS via BBSAK to flash the leaked OS?

Also, when I receive the phone do I need to set up BIS first or can I wipe/flash the phone then set it up?
    I have called Telstra and had BIS enabled for my service already just so I am prepared for when I get the phone.

Thanks in Advance.
    03-11-12 10:02 PM
    Well make sure you have desktop manager, you can google it to grab it, if you don't have it already. I personally back up contacts and messages along with media. I install apps after.

Before going any further grab the leak or OS you want on your device. Just head over to the leaked/beta area of the forums. Install the OS.

Fire up BBSAK, and it should be ok to go yourself from here, if not either myself, or someone else can help ya.
    03-11-12 10:09 PM
    Thanks, but since the phone will be brand new and untouched do I need to backup with Desktop Manager? I won't have any contacts, apps etc.

And will I need to set up BIS on the device first?

(side-question: do leaked OS's have a carrier boot up logo?)
    03-11-12 10:22 PM
    Thanks, but since the phone will be brand new and untouched do I need to backup with Desktop Manager? I won't have any contacts, apps etc.

And will I need to set up BIS on the device first?

(side-question: do leaked OS's have a carrier boot up logo?)
    1) No, you have nothing to backup
    2) No, you can set up BIS later
    3) No, that's hard-coded into the phone
    03-11-12 10:28 PM
    Thanks for the speedy replies
    03-11-12 10:33 PM
    If you are new to BlackBerry I suggest that you should not wipe the phone. Instead just install the latest leak on the computer and load the OS using loader.exe. It will delete the old OS files and replace it with the new one.

Wiping could create problems if you don't know what you are doing.
    03-11-12 11:11 PM
    Just make sure you install DM and BBSK, connect your phone and wipe through BBSK and install from the Loader which ever version of 7.1 you gonna have installed on your computer, its really simple since you dont have anything to backup and you can set up the BIS later
    and by the way the leaked is a lot better and stable than their official
    03-12-12 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD