Hey All,

This happened to me almost a week ago. Figured I'd post something in case other people run across this problem as I didn't see anything similar to it.

I woke up one morning last week with my phone with a red LED on and the clock....the time was frozen around 5am, but it was 8 or 9. Good thing I wasn't relying on the alarm that morning.
    So I did a batt pull and fell asleep. When I woke up about 30 minutes later. The phone was still booting, but the progress bar was frozen around the last 'e' of the screen.

Tried a few more batt pulls and noticed the backlit keyboard and buttons would always all turn off around there and it was just keep freezing.

I had the unofficial leaked OS 7.1.0.714 installed at the time. I had used BBH tool to shrink the OS (the 2 times that i've used it, i've always ended up in some weird problem where I have to wipe my entire phone. Could just be my luck..who knows)
    Anyways, plugged the phone in w/o the battery to get DM and loader to detect it. Tried a DM repair.....It would wipe, reload the OS, but the OS would still freeze on boot.
    Did the same manually with loader....still the symptoms on boot.

Tried to downgrade the OS to 7.1.0.569... same boot freezing.

Finally tried 7.1.0.284 and it booted past the letter 'e' and into the OS.

Once the phone booted, it said I had a corrupt device memory card. I decided to try repairing it.......phone reboots randomly a few minutes later. Tried this 2 more times (I don't usually have anything on it but in case I did....figured it'd be better to see if there's anything on there I can use)
    Finally, I just reformatted the device memory...and the phone would restart fine after a battery pull.

Re-upgraded the phone back to OS 7.1.0.569 and it was still fine. Inserted the SIM card back in, and restored a DM backup from a few weeks ago. Then re-activated myself on BES and had my settings and etc all come back. Of course...re-installed Apps here and there....

Since then I've re-upgraded to 7.1.0.714 and all has been well.

May have left out minor instructional details here and there - just post if you want clarification.
    10-11-12 05:00 PM