I like my new bold 9900. Gaint leap over my 8350 BB cruve.

But, If you want a internant browser phone, Stay the **** away from Black berry until a flash player is ready for a blackberry.

I'm still in the process of figering out the settings for viewing webpages, ie not having to zoom in on what I want to see, when thiers a play button on the video link, the track pad and touch screan can work against you.

Touch screan is nice but really not needed as oposed to FLASH PLAYER !!!

You tube is a breaze, video quality is outstanding, for black berry, but Andriod is better.

Not here to troll black berry, the key pad is out standing, keys are quite easy to use for big bulky finders, OS 7 is verry blackberryish to use, no new learning cruve!!!

Bold 9900 is verry thin and really fits in your hands, for a phone that fits in a shirt pocket as opposed to andriod models, BB 9900 is a mega step forward for Rim, but really is only going to apeal to a BB user.

If your BB is working fine, I really don't see the point in jumping into a new black berry phone.

I whish the green and red phone keys were still on the 9900...

How ever, no more dancing hour glass, phone is wickly fast to boot up and run apps!!!!
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-11 07:40 PM

But, If you want a internant browser phone, Stay the **** away from Black berry until a flash player is ready for a blackberry.

I'm still in the process of figering out the settings for viewing webpages, ie not having to zoom in on what I want to see, when thiers a play button on the video link, the track pad and touch screan can work against you.

You tube is a breaze, video quality is outstanding, for black berry, but Andriod is better.

Not here to troll black berry, the key pad is out standing, keys are quite easy to use for big bulky finders, OS 7 is verry blackberryish to use, no new learning cruve!!!

Bold 9900 is verry thin and really fits in your hands, for a phone that fits in a shirt pocket as opposed to andriod models, BB 9900 is a mega step forward for Rim, but really is only going to apeal to a BB user.

If your BB is working fine, I really don't see the point in jumping into a new black berry phone.

How ever, no more dancing hour glass, phone is wickly fast to boot up and run apps!!!!
    I hate to say this but you are sending mixed messages and contradicting yourself. You like it but stay away from it. If your old BB is working fine keep it but you have a new OS 7 device 9900 to be exact. You don't like the browser and are not too impressed with the touchscreen features. So I don't really understand what you are getting at and I don't think too many others are going to get it either??

Also you said you are not hear to Troll but for a bit of very little good to say about BB you are using Android and bashing really the BB so as i already stated, it seems to me you are here for what reason then??
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-01-11 at 07:49 PM.
    10-01-11 07:46 PM
    He's not technically bashing or trolling per se. He's giving his feedback with comparisons to Android. There's a difference. Although a small one. (We on Crackberry need to realize the difference because I've been seeing us scare away new users this way.)

And yes maybe if someones looking for Flash to work on these phones. Probably should look elsewhere (what I gather from your post).

But if its not a big deal. Then its fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 08:08 PM
    ER hum...

1.Why did I buy a Bold 9900, when I knew thier was no Flash player??
    2. Why sould you stay away FRom OS 7 if you have a working blackberry??

1. Long term BB user, with a BB curve 8350, that was the Ford Pinto of blackberrys on a cdma network, how ever, I like the Email applications, play music in the car, pod casts, wifi, slacker radio. Phone went for a dive in a Tiolet, so, no more working phone.

I did not want to learn a new andriod phone, hate the size of andriod phones, hate touch screans, prefer a key pad, hate slider phones, and the BB9900 is the new standard ( for now, of the top end BB) + running on faster network than CDMA.

2. Most bb users have newer phones running a thousand times faster than a BB curve 8350, so I doubt the step up to a BB 9900 is the big leap most BB users would expect, so wait until the next gen BB is out with the flash player used in the Tabblets.

If a Andriod usser is looking at a blackberry as a everyday phone to browse the net, OS7 falls short, most BB users will not miss what they don't have, Flashplaer would have put Blackberry back into the smart phone market.

I bought a blackberry so I could use my old car charger, up load the old apps on my curve to the new BB9900 phone!!!!
    Last edited by gt45rpm; 10-02-11 at 12:24 AM.
    10-02-11 12:21 AM
    So... You want your battery to die faster than it already does?

10-02-11 12:39 AM
    I'm amazed at the battery life in my Bold 9900. I can run slacker on wifi pretty much 24/7 or all day with emails, calls on Telus...
    Cruve was the pig on battery uesage... Now Flash Player is not going to need extra ions to run on a Blackberry !!
    Last edited by gt45rpm; 10-02-11 at 12:49 AM.
    10-02-11 12:46 AM
    I wasn't sure about the browser when I first got my 9930 either. But after spending some time with it and adjusting settings, I find it a joy to use. If you haven't made an effort to investigate what's inside I can't agree with the op's statement about staying away. Like all tools, it takes a little effort to master.

10-02-11 10:38 AM
    Green and red call and end buttons? You really need these to know which ones to use? The great thing about your blackberry is you barely need to look at the keys to use the phone, especially you coming for another berry.

Jaguarr40 and habs_fan like this.
    10-02-11 10:48 AM
    And to complain that it doesn't have flash is like buying an iphone, and complaining after you use it that it doesn't have flash. Did you read about this phone before you bought it?

Jaguarr40 and habs_fan like this.
    10-02-11 10:50 AM
    ER hum...

1.Why did I buy a Bold 9900, when I knew thier was no Flash player??
    2. Why sould you stay away FRom OS 7 if you have a working blackberry??

1. Long term BB user, with a BB curve 8350, that was the Ford Pinto of blackberrys on a cdma network, how ever, I like the Email applications, play music in the car, pod casts, wifi, slacker radio. Phone went for a dive in a Tiolet, so, no more working phone.

I did not want to learn a new andriod phone, hate the size of andriod phones, hate touch screans, prefer a key pad, hate slider phones, and the BB9900 is the new standard ( for now, of the top end BB) + running on faster network than CDMA.

2. Most bb users have newer phones running a thousand times faster than a BB curve 8350, so I doubt the step up to a BB 9900 is the big leap most BB users would expect, so wait until the next gen BB is out with the flash player used in the Tabblets.

If a Andriod usser is looking at a blackberry as a everyday phone to browse the net, OS7 falls short, most BB users will not miss what they don't have, Flashplaer would have put Blackberry back into the smart phone market.

I bought a blackberry so I could use my old car charger, up load the old apps on my curve to the new BB9900 phone!!!!
    First to Mithrazor I understand where you are going with not wanting to scare people off and if you knew me like many others and see my record I am so PRO CB and number 1 of all... Helping people I would never run anyone off.

Even now withthis last post from the OP I have to say once again I just don't get it. I am not that slow...lol but when you sday you hate touchscreen phone but you buy a touchscreen phone then what does anyone in this thread get out of what the OP is saying?

Also when he says that he bought it also so he can take all his apps from his Curve and install them on his new 9900. Does anyone else want to back me here and take a guess that unless every dev of those apps already made them OS 7 friendly which many have not yet, Do you think they are going to work on the 9900.

This is why when I upgraded to my 9930 I checked with all my Tour OS 5 apps to see what had been updated to OS 7 and installed the,. 5 out of 12 went, the rest will stay on hold until...

I am just having a hard time with using everything I can think of to understand where the OP is coming from but I cannot and i am sorry. There are way too many mised signals on what he wants, likes, dislikes to make sense of it.

The biggest part of my problem is with his hate for the touchscreen phone platform (any of them) so then why wait and but a non touchscreen BB instead of now being locked into a new 2 year contract I presume.

I was truthfully going to buy an iPhone 5 and not because I dislike BB...on the contrary I love them and the 9930 won me out because I understand it, know how to use it, am patient with it and for me no learning curve and I read the users guide that I downloaded if i want to know something.

Now I am happy to have this great device and be a part of helping others on CB.

My apologies to all of you for being so long winded.
    10-02-11 12:17 PM
    Green and red call and end buttons? You really need these to know which ones to use? The great thing about your blackberry is you barely need to look at the keys to use the phone, especially you coming for another berry.

I have to agree thatr this is such a more friendly phone with little learning curve as opposed to anyone you talk to with Android that will tell you about their learning curve and is a good phone when it works right and had battery power but that is neither here nor there. This new keyboard is so much easier to use and see and locate buttons and understand, even if I hated the touchscreen and I don't they keyboard is spot on.
    10-02-11 12:22 PM
    I wasn't sure about the browser when I first got my 9930 either. But after spending some time with it and adjusting settings, I find it a joy to use. If you haven't made an effort to investigate what's inside I can't agree with the op's statement about staying away. Like all tools, it takes a little effort to master.

I have found the same with the browser albee and well said.
    10-02-11 12:23 PM

I hate to say this, but please, my uneducated BlackBerry user, use spell-check, or at least attend some kind of formal schooling.

Although I must say, a flash player would be most appreciated and I agree on all of your positive notes.
    10-02-11 12:28 PM
    I noticed that the OP mispelled ****.... You areright and he should have used spellcheck....lol
    10-02-11 12:51 PM
    Hey Jag, I'm lovin this new Bold. I think the battery life only sucks when you can't put it down for 16hrs. Hahaha!

10-02-11 01:01 PM
    Hey Jag, I'm lovin this new Bold. I think the battery life only sucks when you can't put it down for 16hrs. Hahaha!

Yeh albee I have to go along with you there. I use Sundays to let it rest and recharge as my day off I tend to get the most I can out of the day and don't use my phone as much.
    10-02-11 01:32 PM
    *** for spalling, I will pay more attention!!!

I'm having issues setting up the browser to read smaller fonts on web pages. Trackball with zoom + will not work on some web pages, nor will the pinch and zoom feature of the touch screen, I don't need to adjust font settings on the phone.

OLd black berry curve worked quite well for increasing or decreasing font sizes on the web pages, Web pages that are allready in a mobile format work, you tube is example.

Browsing crackberry.com on my bold 9900 is dam near not worth the effort.

I have been in threw set up countless times to configure the browser ( telus) and thiers no option on the phone to complete what set up is telling me.

I'm happy with google search and will down load fire fox, perhaps try tunderbird as a browser.

AS for all the complaints with battery life, I 'm not having any issues.
    Last edited by gt45rpm; 10-02-11 at 10:58 PM.
    10-02-11 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD