Have had my new 9900 for 5 days now, contract upgrade from the 9780. When i received the phone I did a wipe and installed a shrunken OS .523, set the phone up to how I like it and applied a screen protector. I have always kept my phones in a slip case, and it never shared my pocket with anything else; obsessive!
    Love the bigger keyboard, though they keys and the tracker pad are still quite 'clicky', hope this will settle with use. Starting to feel the love for the touch screen. I have never been a big fan of touch screens and find the combination of keyboard/touchscreen works very well. Like being able to side swipe between messages. There is so much more to discover in OS7, and is a joy to use. Would like a theme that does away with panels and allows several icons to be placed on the home screen, and side swipe between screens; not, may I dare say, unlike an iPhone
    Right, battery and memory use. Initially battery drain was a pain, would drop 10% - 20% in an hour. Fortunately this has settled down to around 5% per hour. Fully charged at 08:00 and at 14:30 it stands at 73% charge, having browsed the internet, 20min phone call, BBM and numerous txts, twitter and facebook. Memory leak was also an issue, leaking around 60mb or more. This is now down to -1.2mb in 24 hours. Temperature a stable 20c.
    So far so good, no problems found as yet, all the help ive needed is her in the forums. Best move Ive made.
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 07-16-12 at 08:50 AM.
    07-16-12 08:38 AM
    Have had my new 9900 for 5 days now, contract upgrade from the 9780. When i received the phone I did a wipe and installed a shrunken OS .523, set the phone up to how I like it and applied a screen protector. I have always kept my phones in a slip case, and it never shared my pocket with anything else; obsessive!
    Love the bigger keyboard, though they keys and the tracker pad are still quite 'clicky', hope this will settle with use. Starting to feel the love for the touch screen. I have never been a big fan of touch screens and find the combination of keyboard/touchscreen works very well. Like being able to side swipe between messages. There is so much more to discover in OS7, and is a joy to use. Would like a theme that does away with panels and allows several icons to be placed on the home screen, and side swipe between screens; not, may I dare say, unlike an iPhone
    Right, battery and memory use. Initially battery drain was a pain, would drop 10% - 20% in an hour. Fortunately this has settled down to around 5% per hour. Fully charged at 08:00 and at 14:30 it stands at 73% charge, having browsed the internet, 20min phone call, BBM and numerous txts, twitter and facebook. Memory leak was also an issue, leaking around 60mb or more. This is now down to -1.2mb in 24 hours. Temperature a stable 20c.
    So far so good, no problems found as yet, all the help ive needed is her in the forums. Best move Ive made.
    Excellent!! I own a iphone 4s aswell and im usually using my 9900 90% of the time because its more functional especially that keyboard. My battery is insanely good, one thing you can check is the location settings in tools. I turned mine off and I think it improved my battery life, I know phones scan for towers randomly and try to update your location for you. Im at 2.2-3% per hour with moderate use!
    07-16-12 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD