02-01-12 02:46 PM
30 12
tools
    Man this sounds like an AA meeting. I am a member also! I started off with a curve and paid full retail back in 2009 (8530) Loved it and immediatly, paid full retail for the Tour when it was released. I absolutly fell in love with the Tour. I kept it untill August of 2011 when I upgraded to the Bold (9930). The Tour never missed a beat and I had the original trac ball and all till I upgraded. Still have that phone. I have played with androids and I phones and they just dont do what I want to do. I have a friend that is a big Android user and bad mouths my Blackberry all the time, except when he has to borrow it to make a call cause his battery is dead after 3 or 4 hours and he forgot his charger lol
    BB is the Best and look forward to the next better BB Phone. And there will be a better one!
    Last edited by travaz; 01-31-12 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Typo
    01-31-12 06:28 PM
    I would have bought a 9930 if RIM didnt cheap out and put a edof camera
    01-31-12 10:38 PM
    what kind of file is it? Seems like its more user error than the actual phone...
    A large PDF... I know BBs can open PDF files, but the large PDF files seems to get stuck. In addition to that, the Oracle student database loads with so many freaking errors. Now I hate my life for buying a BB. I love the keyboard that's it.
    01-31-12 10:57 PM
    Man this sounds like an AA meeting. I am a member also! I started off with a curve and paid full retail back in 2009 (8530) Loved it and immediatly, paid full retail for the Tour when it was released. I absolutly fell in love with the Tour. I kept it untill August of 2011 when I upgraded to the Bold (9930). The Tour never missed a beat and I had the original trac ball and all till I upgraded. Still have that phone. I have played with androids and I phones and they just dont do what I want to do. I have a friend that is a big Android user and bad mouths my Blackberry all the time, except when he has to borrow it to make a call cause his battery is dead after 3 or 4 hours and he forgot his charger lol
    BB is the Best and look forward to the next better BB Phone. And there will be a better one!
    Good To see a Fellow Tour User! I used a BlackBerry Tour for 2 solid years. Same PIN. No issues. She has retired, and I still have her.
    02-01-12 08:30 AM
    Thank you everyone for your input. I am glad to see I am not alone in this world (wow really does feel like an AA meeting...)

I got my dad to buy a PlayBook 32gb, he has an iPhone 3G and plans on going BlackBerry this year. I told him to wait out the BB London with BB10 on it. With the new exclusive images up on CrackBerry today, I'm sure everyone is excited for this as I!

But from what I am getting from this, and I think BlackBerry users are much more in tune to this fact: It is the USER, not the actual phone. The idea is that the phone is suppose to match the user, not the user to the phone. It was a melody of small things that my Blackberry did for me that I missed and figured that out after I didn't have it anymore and it took me less than a day to figure that out.

By no means am I saying anything negative against either Apple or Android, but in the end it just was not for me for SO many reasons, all of which I did not want to bore anyone with with my already long first post. I don't mind playing with other peoples phones, actually showing them how to use them (because apparently I know their phone better then they do most of the time) and having a taste of other peoples stuff but I'll always come back to my BlackBerry.

Thanks for the support CrackBerry Nation, glad to hear all this positive feedback. I may not put down other peoples choices of phones, but maybe we should start bragging to them about ours more often

Post script:
    I use to check my marks on blackboard/banner and download PDF files on my Bold 9700 from school all the time without a hitch. Not too sure why you're having issues mss-ca and you have a 9900 running 7.1. Maybe that's the issue? leaked/beta OS? Maybe it's your schools set up of BlackBoard (because I know it's all different). Could be a # of things
    02-01-12 02:46 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD