1.NONE.
    There are no issues with this phone. This is one of the best phones ever.
    If you are a work user and need a device for communication, go for this one. Forget about the yet to be launched QNX phones and iPhone5. As of now this makes the standard.
    If your primary objective is games and apps, then get something else. Don't come and post here how BB's don't do this and don't do that.
    It does what it does and it does it very well.
    Stellar voice quality, amazing touch screen, fast email, great Instant Messaging.
    I for one would play games on my xbox rather than waste my time on Angry Birds. But that's me and I understand others wanting an entertainment device more than a communicating device. Then this is simply not the phone for you.
    Its a choice. I have the right to excerise my choice for wanting a pure communication device, just like others have a choice of wanting an entertainment+communication device. I just don't understand why the fanbois on each side keep ragging on each other.
    Live and let live.
    for those on the fence regarding the 9900 vs QNX, all I would say is that QNX is unknown. It might be the greatest or it might not. Quit thinking about it and get the 9900 cos its a really good "Blackberry". Enough said.
    Vijik, flash24, maiia and 4 others like this.
    09-21-11 02:38 PM
    Do you have the 9900? Your device is listed as a 9800.
    09-21-11 02:43 PM
    Do you have the 9900? Your device is listed as a 9800.
    Thanks for bringing that to my notice. I guess I forgot to change that. But my signature says that I have a 9900. But you obviously neglected to read that. Had it on release day on 12 th August in India.
    09-21-11 03:03 PM
    Thanks for bringing that to my notice. I guess I forgot to change that. But my signature says that I have a 9900. But you obviously neglected to read that. Had it on release day on 12 th August in India.
    No, I didn't neglect to read it. I just didn't read the whole long string to the end. I looked at the field where it is easily found. And that is where I noticed the 9900 wasn't listed.

And your welcome!
    Captain Scarlet and sam_b77 like this.
    09-21-11 03:19 PM
    I agree with the OP. Many of my friends have Android devices and they rave about the size of the screen and number of apps. I'm a simple user; I use a Blackberry because it does what it was meant to do exceptionally well. If I want to watch videos on youtube, I wait till get home if I want the full experience otherwise I'm completely satisfied with my emails, text messaging and other features that are essential to me. Everyone has different needs and expectations, I can respect that, respect mine...
    sam_b77, sprocket2107 and petra74 like this.
    09-21-11 04:32 PM
    I agree with the OP. Many of my friends have Android devices and they rave about the size of the screen and number of apps. I'm a simple user; I use a Blackberry because it does what it was meant to do exceptionally well. If I want to watch videos on youtube, I wait till get home if I want the full experience otherwise I'm completely satisfied with my emails, text messaging and other features that are essential to me. Everyone has different needs and expectations, I can respect that, respect mine...
    youtube is perfectly fine on the 9900 though lol
    09-21-11 07:43 PM
    youtube is perfectly fine on the 9900 though lol
    +1. Aside from the smaller screen size, there is absolutely zero difference in youtube quality between my current 9930 and former iphone 4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 09:06 PM
    give the phone a 1-2 weeks and the issue will start especially the signal problem. i constantly have the SOS in red at the right corner. Yesterday i got it and i was outside..... weird
    09-21-11 11:35 PM
    Problems with the 9900

1. On my 9900 there is no way to download Blackberry News app as there is no download button.

2. I find the new Opera touch browser superior to the default BB browser.

3. The NY Times mobile news displays larger wrap-around text on my 9780 but only displays in tiny characters on my 9900. If I zoom in the characters run off the screen as they don't wrap-around. This happens with other news sites also. In other words, the 9780 handles mobile site text better.

4. When I delete a message on the phone it doesn't delete on my mailbox even though I specify it to do so.

5. Find the touch screen minimally useful and could do without it. Much prefer the optical pad.

Would greatly appreciate suggestions to remedy problems I've encountered.

Good things

1. Superb keyboard

2. Excellent e-mail and messaging.

3. High resolution screen
    09-22-11 01:04 AM
    I love my 9900! Couple minor problems, but that's life eh. Push email, touch screen, and awesome keyboard. But I won't lie I can't wait until the QNX phone comes out eh.

09-22-11 02:18 AM
    I love my 9900! Couple minor problems, but that's life eh. Push email, touch screen, and awesome keyboard. But I won't lie I can't wait until the QNX phone comes out eh.

You're Canadian, we get it.
    09-22-11 02:35 AM
    1.NONE.
    There are no issues with this phone. This is one of the best phones ever.
    If you are a work user and need a device for communication, go for this one. Forget about the yet to be launched QNX phones and iPhone5. As of now this makes the standard.
    If your primary objective is games and apps, then get something else. Don't come and post here how BB's don't do this and don't do that.
    It does what it does and it does it very well.
    Stellar voice quality, amazing touch screen, fast email, great Instant Messaging.
    I for one would play games on my xbox rather than waste my time on Angry Birds. But that's me and I understand others wanting an entertainment device more than a communicating device. Then this is simply not the phone for you.
    Its a choice. I have the right to excerise my choice for wanting a pure communication device, just like others have a choice of wanting an entertainment+communication device. I just don't understand why the fanbois on each side keep ragging on each other.
    Live and let live.
    for those on the fence regarding the 9900 vs QNX, all I would say is that QNX is unknown. It might be the greatest or it might not. Quit thinking about it and get the 9900 cos its a really good "Blackberry". Enough said.
    your title is misleading. you don't start off about your issues with the 9900 if you have none.
    09-22-11 05:41 AM
    give the phone a 1-2 weeks and the issue will start especially the signal problem. i constantly have the SOS in red at the right corner. Yesterday i got it and i was outside..... weird
    09-22-11 08:15 AM
    your title is misleading. you don't start off about your issues with the 9900 if you have none.
    You have got to be kidding me. Wow.
    09-22-11 10:00 AM
    I liked your misleading title. I thought "issues with the 99xx... Impossible" lol

I agree with all your reasoning.

I could care less about the phones that are not yet released, and when they are released I will probably care even less. I heard the iPhone5 is nothing really new compared to the iPhone4... Same design as always.... Same crap, different name. Faster processor I heard, better camera maybe... It'll be like the difference between the 9700 and 9780... Only Apple won't get crapped on like rim did... Instead of "hardly anything new"... It will be "revolutionary"...

Spawn12 likes this.
    09-22-11 10:19 AM
    Sam,
    Nice to hear you have zero issues with your BT. Its really a nice phone.

how much you got it for ?? Two of my friends wants to buy it.

09-22-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD