Now this is an inspiring endeavour!!!!!
    04-05-12 12:53 PM
    This is amazing! Good luck to your friend and I really hope RIM/CrackBerry picks this one up.
    04-05-12 01:13 PM
    The visual track of that run is pretty awesome. I would love to see CrackBerry/BlackBerry make a big showing here.
    04-05-12 01:14 PM
    I agree BK

This is a BOLD effort here I plan on following the blog for the entire trip
    04-05-12 01:20 PM
    Now this is an inspiring endeavour!!!!!
    EZ, let's work on this one, now that swampcritter is hooked up thanks to generous members of our forum. PM to follow.
    04-05-12 02:25 PM
    Yep I agree we can get something together
    04-05-12 02:53 PM
    I don't know what to say..
    Regardless what your friend (BB/iOS thingy) will be using on that journey, anything for a good cause is great..
    If your friend managed to go to Orlando next month (BB World), I bet he can get a lot of support!

PS: bookmarked the website!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using.. wait for it.. CrackBerry Forum App! Thanks to Tapatalk
    04-05-12 03:41 PM
    But the furthest south in Florida will be Tallahassee. Someone called me and said he is sending a donation. Thanks, whoever you are. Video coming in a week or so.
    04-05-12 06:35 PM
    He is a crazy, loyal iPhone fanboy, but when I demonstrated how vastly superior Blackberry Traffic was to what he was PAYING BY THE MONTH FOR on his iPhone, he began lusting for my Bold 9900.
    Maybe your friend should get Waze
    04-05-12 10:22 PM
    Had a thought..

Activate Google Latitude on your friend's phone (hopefully it will be BB) so everyone can monitor his journey.. if location sharing is enabled..

And also use some apps like GPS Tracker so he could save all his way point.
    Hope for the best for your friends!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using.. wait for it.. CrackBerry Forum App! Thanks to Tapatalk
    04-06-12 02:24 AM
    This is a great cause and could be an ideal marketing ploy for rim.
    04-06-12 05:44 AM
    Wow, this really is the essence of "BeBold"! I really hope RIM/Crackberry picks this up.
    04-06-12 08:05 AM
    I will definitely be following this! As others have said, this really is the definition of "BeBold"!!
    04-06-12 11:48 AM
    You know what they say, go Bold or GO HOME!

Best of Luck!
    04-06-12 01:57 PM
    My my my my my...... Best of luck to your friend! A scooter is smaller and requires more distance and time to complete that journey! A bike, requires more peddle power unless it has a motor on it, but the refueling can be difficult if spare gas isn't available.

Can't wait to see if he does win the contest, I hope he does!!
    04-06-12 06:17 PM
    this is his planned route wow!
    Click to view quoted image

he'll wanna make sure hes got a chaser vehicle or a way to be constantly connected. Some of the area he has mapped out is mountainous or scorching hot or freezing cold
    awww,why skip FL!
    04-06-12 06:42 PM
    Mexico on a scooter? That's the first thing that crossed my mind!

04-07-12 10:00 AM
    awww,why skip FL!
    I was wondering why skip NYC? It's a media hub over here. The exposure alone would probably triple the money. Plus it would help round out the shape of the heart.
    04-07-12 10:56 AM
    I'm sure he'll alter his route slightly as needed. Detours are significant at 30 mph! FYI RIM/BLACKBERRY has given Tom a new BOLD. YAY! He worked for a few years in Ottawa, so he is VERY FOND of Canada and feels a connection to the country and its people. Thanks to yinz (Pittsburghese for "ya'll"), the word is getting out to RIM. We are going to record his sendoff tomorrow. I'll post portions of video here in a few days, before it is all edited and slick.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    04-07-12 01:41 PM
    BlackBerry traffic is the perfect app for that
    04-07-12 01:46 PM
    BlackBerry traffic is the perfect app for that
    It needs to have an avoid highways option since this bike only goes 35 mph at wide open throttle. I'm evaluating wisepilot and ubinav. Garmin doesn't work on the 9900 suggestions?
    04-08-12 08:02 AM
    Well, I certainly wish him good luck. I hope he will stay safe on the road and gets back in good health.
    04-08-12 09:53 AM
    This is Legen wait for it Dary.... Im going to subscribe to this thread and I hope Kevin sees this... #BeBOLD

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Crackberry Forum App
    04-08-12 10:40 AM
    Wow this is awesome. I hope everything works out perfectly.
    04-08-12 07:24 PM
    Tom discusses at length why he chose the Bold over his iPhone 4. Of course this is a quick hack job I did on a cloud editor on a free trial ... the video contest final product will have to be WAAAAYYYYY tighter, but take a look
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ApYbWn2eLA[/YT]
    Bilaal, henryy and Engire like this.
    04-08-12 10:47 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD