My Fiance came from a 8330 to a 9930 and is having serious coping issues. the latest of which is when she receives a text message, it asks her to download and she does, but can not find the files after download. Can anyone help me save her sanity before she throws the phone thru the wall, and tell me where the files go? Thank you
    10-31-11 07:51 PM
    on the home screen, just type the name of the file. Universal Search should find it and you can locate it that way. Also, "Files" in the Application folder should have it.
    10-31-11 08:01 PM
    If she has a media card it is going to her media folder. If not its going into device memory. The "built in" memory set aside for media files. Open the file cabinet, select File Folders. It is either in the Media Cards files, or Device. FYI. Jranciano's suggestions works fine. But it sounds like she wanted to know how to locate them. Sounds like my gf the day she got her -phone 4s. It almost got thrown into the street. Tell her it gets better. There is a learning curve to be experienced. But she will be so glad she stuck it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 08:56 PM
    I told her about the Universal Search last night and she said in the text message it doesn't list the image name. I will let her know about the file folder way. I have a 9650 and have never messed with a 9930 so I am no help to her, plus she lives 5 hours away so I can not put my hands on it to hunt the files down myself. I consider myself to be somewhat BB literate and we are going on vacation next week and I will try to set it up for her to be as user friendly as she needs it to be, but until then I am trying to help her figure this out.

One more thing, the curve she had was deactivated when they activated her bold, but the folks at the sprint store didn't transfer her memos, tasks, calendar, or saved emails. I just want to make sure that the Device Switch Wizard on Desktop Manager will be able to accomplish this so she can get ALL her stuff transfered.
    11-01-11 08:27 AM
    I told her about the Universal Search last night and she said in the text message it doesn't list the image name. I will let her know about the file folder way. I have a 9650 and have never messed with a 9930 so I am no help to her, plus she lives 5 hours away so I can not put my hands on it to hunt the files down myself. I consider myself to be somewhat BB literate and we are going on vacation next week and I will try to set it up for her to be as user friendly as she needs it to be, but until then I am trying to help her figure this out.

One more thing, the curve she had was deactivated when they activated her bold, but the folks at the sprint store didn't transfer her memos, tasks, calendar, or saved emails. I just want to make sure that the Device Switch Wizard on Desktop Manager will be able to accomplish this so she can get ALL her stuff transfered.
    She should be able to do a backup via DM for the Curve. Be careful on what you transfer over to the 9930. There have been reports of some user experiencing issues when transferring from an OS5/6 to OS7 devices. I would recommend you only take over the calender, BBM, address, messages, and mail. I would not transfer any settings.

I know my 9330 didn't come with a memory card - has she installed one? What type of file is she downloading? Has she checked the download folder?

EDIT: Do a custom backup of items she needs from the Curve through DM. Then connect the 9930 and restore the custom backup.
    Last edited by ibcop; 11-01-11 at 08:37 AM.
    11-01-11 08:34 AM
    She should be able to do a backup via DM for the Curve. Be careful on what you transfer over to the 9930. There have been reports of some user experiencing issues when transferring from an OS5/6 to OS7 devices. I would recommend you only take over the calender, BBM, address, messages, and mail. I would not transfer any settings.

I know my 9330 didn't come with a memory card - has she installed one? What type of file is she downloading? Has she checked the download folder?

EDIT: Do a custom backup of items she needs from the Curve through DM. Then connect the 9930 and restore the custom backup.
    The files she is downloading are pictures, and I haven't asked her if she has a memory card installed. I am going to ask her if she has looked in her download folder.

We are going on vacation next week so I will do the custom backup for her then. Do the calendar, memopad, tasks and saved emails transfer to OS 7 ok?
    11-01-11 08:49 AM
    The files she is downloading are pictures, and I haven't asked her if she has a memory card installed. I am going to ask her if she has looked in her download folder.

We are going on vacation next week so I will do the custom backup for her then. Do the calendar, memopad, tasks and saved emails transfer to OS 7 ok?
    Yep, you"ll be cooking with Crisco.

If they are pics, they should drop into the media folder > pictures.
    11-01-11 09:00 AM
    As far as the backup/restore part: did she have BB Protect installed? You could use that to restore contacts/calendar/memos/etc to the new device instead of waiting until you are there.
    11-01-11 09:41 AM
    As far as the backup/restore part: did she have BB Protect installed? You could use that to restore contacts/calendar/memos/etc to the new device instead of waiting until you are there.
    No she didn't have anything on the phone that it didnt come with when she got it YEARS ago. She only used it for texting, BBM, Phone calls and pictures. Anything else the phone could do, she wasn't using.
    11-01-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD