03-06-12 08:02 AM
33 12
tools
    Confirmed working with my PS3 and 9900. PS3 finds it and plays songs easily and works great!

I have two other TVs that are DLNA certified. They see my 9900 and connect to it, but cannot open any of the files (all come up as Not supported). These are brand new Samsung TVs and WiFi Bluray players... all DLNA certified. You'd think they should support JPEG and MP3's?!

I believe this is a BB problem as NO files can open on these machines, only PS3... seems odd. Has anyone else had this experience?
    02-20-12 09:07 AM
    Confirmed working with my PS3 and 9900. PS3 finds it and plays songs easily and works great!

I have two other TVs that are DLNA certified. They see my 9900 and connect to it, but cannot open any of the files (all come up as Not supported). These are brand new Samsung TVs and WiFi Bluray players... all DLNA certified. You'd think they should support JPEG and MP3's?!

I believe this is a BB problem as NO files can open on these machines, only PS3... seems odd. Has anyone else had this experience?
    Yep, keep getting file type not supported. Works fine with my Android devices.
    kyleheney likes this.
    02-20-12 02:01 PM
    Thanks for this. At least I know my brand new tv's do support this properly and it is actually a BB software issue. Hopefully the next 7.1 leak fixes this because I don't want to have to buy another PS3 to use this on my other tv! Haha
    02-23-12 01:18 PM
    Yeah, my Droid Pro streams just fine to my Samsung TV. The tv also displays the photos from my pc and nas - pics taken with my 9930, so it's got to be something with the bb.
    02-23-12 05:24 PM
    It works great on my PS3 too and I hope the future BBs can render media as well. This DLNA system can send information, but cannot receive files so that you can watch movies or listen to songs from a NAS server. Hopefully in near future with faster processors, RIM will come up with two way DLNA.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-23-12 at 07:46 PM.
    02-23-12 07:43 PM
    I got file type is not supported error fist on my PS3. Then I realized I was in a music folder looking for photos. So, I moved to photos folder, the pictures appear. To view the music on PS3, I had to move to music section of the PS3 to come up with the files.
    02-23-12 07:53 PM
    I have a new Wifi capable and dlna tv. When I enable file sharing on my 9930 my tv does not see the phone. The tv is a Vizio E551VA.

Thanks
    03-06-12 12:02 AM
    After turning on my PS3 it immediately pops up a Connection Request on my BlackBerry, although I won't get it to work on my Dune HD MediaPlayer which rather suck =(.

I was able to open up pictures on my PS3, but I won't get it to play a Slideshow.

Also the Intro Movie plays nicely, but MP4 Vids I shot my self are booting up but they're not working (no time or audio stream visible in info, so PS3 might not support I assume).

I hope I can get it to work on my Dune HD goes this plays basically everything.
    03-06-12 08:02 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD