Hello fellow crackberriers!

I have a strange introduction to make. I was never a Blackberry fan, or user. In fact, it never really entered into my conscious. I remember, some years ago, seeing a business man using a Blackberry phone, working away on the keyboard, and thinking, what a strange and beautiful phone! and then promptly forgot about it. That is until I had a dream. I have always been an iPhone user see, and so it was a strange thing to dream of using a phone that had a physical keyboard. In this dream, typing was so enjoyable. It felt nostalgic and important. When I woke I had a strong desire to own and use a phone with a pkb. I didn't even remember who made them. After searching I discovered the Blackberry from my memory, and from my dream - the 9900. Well, to cut it short I ordered one from eBay and it was delivered today.

I have to say it is perfect. It feels like I always thought a phone should feel like. The keyboard is a joy to use and after several hours I feel at home with it. The trackpad feels intuitive and natural to use. I have some strange connection with this phone.

And then I woke up from the dream when I sent a message and didn't receive one. And I tried to set up Gmail and it wouldn't validate. And I run the cellular network analysis and see the data capability fail. And then I read that you need a special Blackberry data plan to use the phone properly.

I'm in Australia, and I'm with Virgin Mobile. Could any fellow Australian tell me if it's possible to use this device with Virgin Mobile? I can't afford to switch carriers.

I would be sorely disappointed if I couldn't use my little phone.

Thanks.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-24-16 04:25 AM
    Never used 9900, but honestly, you should have bought OS10 BlackBerry Classic, better performance and android compatible apps.
    Anyway, you have to ask for Blackberry data plan to your mobile company, tell them that you have BB.
    11-24-16 04:41 AM
    Never used 9900, but honestly, you should have bought OS10 BlackBerry Classic, better performance and android compatible apps.
    Anyway, you have to ask for Blackberry data plan to your mobile company, tell them that you have BB.
    If you said "never used 9900" why you advise to move on to the BB10?
    11-24-16 06:02 AM
    Welcome to the Dream!!
    Some of us are still living it!

Could be wrong but pretty sure that a signature on an email from a 9900 using colleague in AU indicated he was on Virgin Mobile, earlier this year... Circumstantial but hopeful...? Pretty sure some of your countrymen frequent this forum and might provide insight. Asking Virgin themselves is a logical step but finding a carrier rep that even remembers BlackBerry might also be a trick. ??

BB10 Blackberrys don't require BIS and should be easier to activate but... The only BB10 with a trackpad is the Classic. A fine device but larger. I certainly wouldn't characterize it as my "little phone". Maybe worth considering??

BUT, now that your hand has experienced the 9900's enchanting charms, your dreams might not peacefully surrender?? I wouldn't be one to discount dreams. Too many times I've fallen asleep utterly perplexed only to awaken perfectly solved! I get it.

Since you feel "connected" and obviously already command some skill set to have gotten this far, you might consider pursuing the "OS7 without BIS" sticky.

Here's a link:

http://forums.crackberry.com//blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682/

Easiest would be if your carrier still has BIS... Let us kno how it goes.
    11-24-16 06:17 AM
    If you said "never used 9900" why you advise to move on to the BB10?
    Because I had 9780, 9790 and 9810
    Trust me, OS10 is much much much better than OS 7.1
    11-24-16 06:30 AM
    Trust me I have BB Z30 also. And one day I use 9900 and other day I use Z30. Both are very good. I see that for me 9900 cause less distraction.
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-24-16 08:55 AM
    Because I had 9780, 9790 and 9810
    Trust me, OS10 is much much much better than OS 7.1
    I totally agree with you. I've used both and I think the BlackBerry 10 is much better.

At least the chances of the device hanging is less.

You spend less on network fees. At least no more BIS fees.

You have more apps. You can even use Android apps too.

No more low limitations on apps instalation as you have more space to install apps.

No more battery pulls required.

Or better still use a passport. It's more advanced.
    Mauri5io likes this.
    11-24-16 09:29 AM
    I have torch sleeping in its box, classic sleeping in its box and using only passport at&t! I love it and I won't change it until I find it useless, even if that mercury comes alive finally, can't deny I love that mix between classic/passport SE with wide screen using droid.
    11-24-16 09:35 AM
    I totally agree with you. I've used both and I think the BlackBerry 10 is much better.
    I use a Passport as my main phone and also a Bold 9900. Yes, the Passport is more versatile, and the kb is more advanced; but there are reasons I use the Bold almost daily, and one of those reasons is the Passport's size.

Something else for the OP: There is indeed a lot to like about the Passport's kb and BlackBerry 10 (a really amazing OS), but a Bold with BBOS 7 is a powerful communication and organization tool. If those are your primary uses for a smartphone, the Bold is elegant, efficient, and perfectly sized.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-24-16 10:25 AM
    Bold is also good for music streaming with minimal data-usage, if that's something that interests you. The browsing experience makes it not great unless you already have another option for that. I still recommend the Q10 as a second small phone that has all the browser power of a bigger phone, and of course doesn't require BIS.
    11-24-16 12:28 PM
    Define "PERFORMANCE"
    11-24-16 02:41 PM
    Define "PERFORMANCE"
    comparing to OS 7.1 it works better, more stable.... happy now?
    rickkel likes this.
    11-24-16 04:59 PM
    7.1 is extremely stable, so no not really. . Especially since BBOS is the product of 10 years of development and BB10 had a year....maybe
    11-24-16 05:25 PM
    Actually the very early versions of 7 had some issues but they pretty much perfect at it by the time 7.1 came around. I'm on an early version of 7.1 and it's been so rocksolid have never had a problem.

I also had a 9790 like you, but back in 2013 and it didn't like OS7 very much. But by the time 7.1 came around they had it good
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 11-24-16 at 11:00 PM.
    11-24-16 05:53 PM
    Amazing how many "experts" base their experience on lesser phones & older OSes. Lol. Torch is NOT a 1.2GHz 9900 on latest 7.1. So many bailed out in those years they never noticed 9900 on 7.1 evolve to its present maturity by 2014. Not perfect but certainly not the "cranky mess" the earlier "bail outs" enjoy reciting.

Last I heard, Virgin Mobile USA was cdma? Anyone know about Australia? Does Virgin Mobile AU support Passport?

OP didn't ask WHAT device to get. OP's already gotten it and has the "phone of dreams" already in hand. Presumably already paid for. Since changing carriers is stated as an unacceptable cost, why do PP trolls think cost of another device, especially a Passport, would be acceptable? IF even possible??

OP is asking if Virgin Mobile in Australia supports BIS. My best data is circumstantial, at best. Surely someone who truly KNOWS something will respond?
    11-24-16 10:15 PM
    Amazing how many "experts" base their experience on lesser phones & older OSes. Lol. Torch is NOT a 1.2GHz 9900 on latest 7.1. So many bailed out in those years they never noticed 9900 on 7.1 evolve to its present maturity by 2014. Not perfect but certainly not the "cranky mess" the earlier "bail outs" enjoy reciting.

Last I heard, Virgin Mobile USA was cdma? Anyone know about Australia? Does Virgin Mobile AU support Passport?

OP didn't ask WHAT device to get. OP's already gotten it and has the "phone of dreams" already in hand. Presumably already paid for. Since changing carriers is stated as an unacceptable cost, why do PP trolls think cost of another device, especially a Passport, would be acceptable? IF even possible??

OP is asking if Virgin Mobile in Australia supports BIS. My best data is circumstantial, at best. Surely someone who truly KNOWS something will respond?
    I was using the 9900 until 2014 and I was so excited to move to BlackBerry 10 because I no longer had to deal with;
    - deleting messages to read new messages.
    - hour glass wait until the app load
    - battery pulls
    - not being able to use my camera until I uninstall apps or delete pictures and I even had to delete all my songs too.
    - save money on my BIS coz I finally don't need to use it anymore
    - I also had a few sticky keys too if I were to type "L" it will automatically type it many times. So the keyboard was really challenging to use towards the end.

The OS is great minus the modern apps. The hardware quality of the 9900 is also great. Just that the hardware specs is way too low for what it is supposed to do.

If only the 9900 has the hardware specs of the passport I'm sure I would still be using it for at least another year or so.
    11-24-16 11:12 PM
    I was using the 9900 until 2014 and I was so excited to move to BlackBerry 10 because I no longer had to deal with;
    - deleting messages to read new messages.
    - battery pulls
    - not being able to use my camera until I uninstall apps or delete pictures and I even had to delete all my songs too.
    - I also had a few sticky keys too if I were to type "L" it will automatically type it many times. So the keyboard was really challenging to use towards the end.

The OS is great minus the modern apps. The hardware quality of the 9900 is also great. Just that the hardware specs is way too low for what it is supposed to do.

If only the 9900 has the hardware specs of the passport I'm sure I would still be using it for at least another year or so.
    Sorry, not ONE single thing in your list describes my experience. Nor the experience of 26-27 coworkers in my office.

-how many messages were you trying to store on your device? NEVER even HEARD of ANYone having to do that. Clearly a problem of some sort... A misbehaving app?

-haven't seen the "hourglass" for so many years I honestly don't recall if it was actually a spinning hourglass or spinning clock? I even tried to load down my 99 once last year but couldn't get it to show up. Once again, what kind of apps were you running? Clearly something was misbehaving.

-wouldn't trade the ABILITY to swap batteries for all the wired wall hugging nonsense on the planet. I power my 99 mostly thru battery swaps. Haven't charged thru usb for years... TRUE wireless freedom!!

-pictures and songs SHOULD have been stored on sd. 9900 can use up to 32Gb card. It's possible to fill that, I suppose, but not that common. I've driven coast to coast and back without hearing the same song twice and still have 12Gb free on my SD. That includes 2500+ pictures. My Classic sports a 64Gb sd but I, myself, can't find any excuse for it. My, use case. Your use case may vary and that's just as legitimate. A good spec for OP to include if ever considering a different device.

-VZW charges me exactly the same monthly $ for my BB10 devices as for my 9900. No BIS charge that I can detect. In fact, BIS sips data so efficiently that 9900 rarely exceeds 1GB data use, even tho I listen to Tune In Radio daily while driving. My BB10 stuff demands many times that data despite being used less than 10% as much as 9900. Even if I were still paying the old BIS premium, 9900 would still be cheaper than feeding BB10 data. In my experience, fwiw. I know nothing about Australia so OP will need to evaluate BIS charges, if any.

-keyboards wear out. $5 & 5 minute repair on 9900. How many $ and minutes to swap a Classic or Passport KB? At least the Q's doubletype malady was finally patched in later OS. It's still slowly shaking off that "early OS" reputation... Despite being "fixed" for a year & half... Lol.

I totally agree that a Passport spec'd 9900 would be a DREAM machine!! Something some of us have been begging for many years. Tragic shame Classic wasn't similarly blessed, imo.

Once again, tho, 9900 remains a wonderfully satisfying device if used within its design limits. With irritatingly notable exceptions, Classic & Passport do more. My Porsche remains a wonderfully satisfying car to drive, if used within its design limits. My F350 carries FAR more lumber. Different tools for different uses. just depends on individual needs & desires... Or dreams...
    11-25-16 12:28 AM
    Sorry, not ONE single thing in your list describes my experience. Nor the experience of 26-27 coworkers in my office.

-how many messages were you trying to store on your device? NEVER even HEARD of ANYone having to do that. Clearly a problem of some sort... A misbehaving app?

-haven't seen the "hourglass" for so many years I honestly don't recall if it was actually a spinning hourglass or spinning clock? I even tried to load down my 99 once last year but couldn't get it to show up. Once again, what kind of apps were you running? Clearly something was misbehaving.

-wouldn't trade the ABILITY to swap batteries for all the wired wall hugging nonsense on the planet. I power my 99 mostly thru battery swaps. Haven't charged thru usb for years... TRUE wireless freedom!!

-pictures and songs SHOULD have been stored on sd. 9900 can use up to 32Gb card. It's possible to fill that, I suppose, but not that common. I've driven coast to coast and back without hearing the same song twice and still have 12Gb free on my SD. That includes 2500+ pictures. My Classic sports a 64Gb sd but I, myself, can't find any excuse for it. My, use case. Your use case may vary and that's just as legitimate. A good spec for OP to include if ever considering a different device.

-VZW charges me exactly the same monthly $ for my BB10 devices as for my 9900. No BIS charge that I can detect. In fact, BIS sips data so efficiently that 9900 rarely exceeds 1GB data use, even tho I listen to Tune In Radio daily while driving. My BB10 stuff demands many times that data despite being used less than 10% as much as 9900. Even if I were still paying the old BIS premium, 9900 would still be cheaper than feeding BB10 data. In my experience, fwiw. I know nothing about Australia so OP will need to evaluate BIS charges, if any.

-keyboards wear out. $5 & 5 minute repair on 9900. How many $ and minutes to swap a Classic or Passport KB? At least the Q's doubletype malady was finally patched in later OS. It's still slowly shaking off that "early OS" reputation... Despite being "fixed" for a year & half... Lol.

I totally agree that a Passport spec'd 9900 would be a DREAM machine!! Something some of us have been begging for many years. Tragic shame Classic wasn't similarly blessed, imo.

Once again, tho, 9900 remains a wonderfully satisfying device if used within its design limits. With irritatingly notable exceptions, Classic & Passport do more. My Porsche remains a wonderfully satisfying car to drive, if used within its design limits. My F350 carries FAR more lumber. Different tools for different uses. just depends on individual needs & desires... Or dreams...
    Well let's put it this way, I have been using a palm treo from 2002 until 2009 that's when I switched to a BlackBerry Curve. I have not deleted any messages, notes nor emails as they are all there for record purposes. There was never this problem until I was using the Curve. Then the problem was elevated when I switched to a 9900.

Yes, I normally store all my pictures into the SD cards but somehow I'm not able to take pictures because there is no more space on my phone. I need to delete apps and move my WhatsApp pictures to my SD card or delete them before being able to use the phone again.

In the market I am we are charged $10 - $20 a month for BIS depending on the network you subscribe to. Come to think of it, it is very strange that you are not charged BIS fees as this is the major revenue for BlackBerry for many years. It is still a major revenue factor in BlackBerry's books. I don't believe that your network would bear these charges for you on your behalf as they are definitely not a charitable concern.

Yes, changing the keyboard would have been easy. I just don't have the time to go get it changed as there are other problems plaguing this device. A more feasible and simpler approach is to purchase a different one. The most important thing is that the features on BlackBerry 10 was just too irresistible too.

I had no regrets changing to BlackBerry 10 after about an hour or so on the new device it's so intuitive and easy to use. Android took me 6 months to master.
    11-25-16 07:32 AM
    Well let's put it this way, I have been using a palm treo from 2002 until 2009 that's when I switched to a BlackBerry Curve. I have not deleted any messages, notes nor emails as they are all there for record purposes. There was never this problem until I was using the Curve. Then the problem was elevated when I switched to a 9900.

Yes, I normally store all my pictures into the SD cards but somehow I'm not able to take pictures because there is no more space on my phone. I need to delete apps and move my WhatsApp pictures to my SD card or delete them before being able to use the phone again.

In the market I am we are charged $10 - $20 a month for BIS depending on the network you subscribe to. Come to think of it, it is very strange that you are not charged BIS fees as this is the major revenue for BlackBerry for many years. It is still a major revenue factor in BlackBerry's books. I don't believe that your network would bear these charges for you on your behalf as they are definitely not a charitable concern.

Yes, changing the keyboard would have been easy. I just don't have the time to go get it changed as there are other problems plaguing this device. A more feasible and simpler approach is to purchase a different one. The most important thing is that the features on BlackBerry 10 was just too irresistible too.

I had no regrets changing to BlackBerry 10 after about an hour or so on the new device it's so intuitive and easy to use. Android took me 6 months to master.
    Haha... That makes perfect sense, now that we have the full story. Lol. If you're using your mobile device to archive all messages, notes and emails since 2002, "macro kernel" BBOS is definitely the wrong "truck for the load". Lol. There are apps & strategies for backing up messages etc to SD, BB Protect, etc, etc...

I also value my message archives that date back to late 80's Compuserve bulletin boards, but I've never attempted to carry years of message archives on my phone. That's what servers are for, imo. How do you secure those messages if your phone is stolen?

BUT, if that's your need, that's your need. BB10 makes perfect sense for your use case. My Ford F350 truck makes perfect sense when I must transport a ton of lumber. If I were trying to transport a ton of lumber in my Porsche, the sports car wouldn't be happy. Neither would I. Lol.

I view my 9900 as a sports car. My Classic as a pickup, my PassPort as a semi. All perfectly optimized for their intended burden. Different tools for different uses. No single one of them can ever be everything to everyone. BB10 is certainly a superior "heavy lifter" but its compromises are not all "win-win" for all. Weight & size, for example, when talking Classic & Passport. Uncertainty when "ending" a phone call being another BB10 compromise. Somewhat less so on the toolbelt Classic but still most positive on BBOS. I, personally, miss BBOS's ability to insert rows in spreadsheets when on BB10... On & on... Different strokes, ya kno...

I pay a flat rate to Verizon for 16Gb shared data on 10 phone numbers. A 9930, 9650, Classic, Z30, 2 MiFis, and four embedded WWANs. Each non-voice Mifi & WWAN adds $10 monthly. Each smartphone adds $20. Regardless of OS. No "detectable" BIS charge. I'm sure it's embedded in there somewhere but certainly not obvious. Data for each line is very easily obvious, tho. My 9900 gets used a LOT more but sips a fraction of Classic & z30 data. Even if paying $20 for BIS, it would still be cheaper on data.

Totally agree with preference for BB10 over droid. Far too many old friends from a "previous life" at Sun who feel way too abused by Google, for starters... Lol. I'd certainly never willingly trust archiving years of messages to "Google scruples"... Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 11-25-16 at 10:26 AM.
    11-25-16 10:04 AM
    - battery pulls

I've been fortunate with the hour glass and battery pulls, as well: I've never had the hourglass thing, nor have I ever had to uninstall apps to get the camera to work. Also, BIS is free on my carrier (AT&T).

I agree the OS is great, and I really only use a handful of apps: Weather, occasionally maps, music player... The Bold has BBM and handles BBM Protected, so there's little I'd miss -- aside from the browser for corporate webmail and the Passport's kb -- if I had to use the Bold as my daily driver (which I do sometimes, just 'cuz it's FUN).

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-25-16 12:59 PM
    Ya if I ever do see the hour glass it is only for a second or two but very rare. It did appear when I reinstalled Google maps during the making of one of my vids in here, the 13 minute one I believe.
    11-25-16 08:11 PM
    Haha... That makes perfect sense, now that we have the full story. Lol. If you're using your mobile device to archive all messages, notes and emails since 2002, "macro kernel" BBOS is definitely the wrong "truck for the load". Lol. There are apps & strategies for backing up messages etc to SD, BB Protect, etc, etc...

I also value my message archives that date back to late 80's Compuserve bulletin boards, but I've never attempted to carry years of message archives on my phone. That's what servers are for, imo. How do you secure those messages if your phone is stolen?

BUT, if that's your need, that's your need. BB10 makes perfect sense for your use case. My Ford F350 truck makes perfect sense when I must transport a ton of lumber. If I were trying to transport a ton of lumber in my Porsche, the sports car wouldn't be happy. Neither would I. Lol.

I view my 9900 as a sports car. My Classic as a pickup, my PassPort as a semi. All perfectly optimized for their intended burden. Different tools for different uses. No single one of them can ever be everything to everyone. BB10 is certainly a superior "heavy lifter" but its compromises are not all "win-win" for all. Weight & size, for example, when talking Classic & Passport. Uncertainty when "ending" a phone call being another BB10 compromise. Somewhat less so on the toolbelt Classic but still most positive on BBOS. I, personally, miss BBOS's ability to insert rows in spreadsheets when on BB10... On & on... Different strokes, ya kno...

I pay a flat rate to Verizon for 16Gb shared data on 10 phone numbers. A 9930, 9650, Classic, Z30, 2 MiFis, and four embedded WWANs. Each non-voice Mifi & WWAN adds $10 monthly. Each smartphone adds $20. Regardless of OS. No "detectable" BIS charge. I'm sure it's embedded in there somewhere but certainly not obvious. Data for each line is very easily obvious, tho. My 9900 gets used a LOT more but sips a fraction of Classic & z30 data. Even if paying $20 for BIS, it would still be cheaper on data.

Totally agree with preference for BB10 over droid. Far too many old friends from a "previous life" at Sun who feel way too abused by Google, for starters... Lol. I'd certainly never willingly trust archiving years of messages to "Google scruples"... Lol.
    At that time when I was using the 9900 I would have been spending $148 a month on network access for 1 number which includes 3GB data and unlimited calls. To use BIS would add another $10 on my carrier. I think it is a lot of money to spend. In any case, all carriers here has shut down BIS services for 2 years now so even if you wanted to you can't use it anymore.

Does anybody really have time to go back to their phone and delete messages and media received? That time is definitely more productively spent doing other things and if there is nothing left to do I think sleep is a good option. Only get 4-5 hours sleep a day and luckily more on weekends.
    11-25-16 10:33 PM
    At that time when I was using the 9900 I would have been spending $148 a month on network access for 1 number which includes 3GB data and unlimited calls. To use BIS would add another $10 on my carrier. I think it is a lot of money to spend. In any case, all carriers here has shut down BIS services for 2 years now so even if you wanted to you can't use it anymore.

Does anybody really have time to go back to their phone and delete messages and media received? That time is definitely more productively spent doing other things and if there is nothing left to do I think sleep is a good option. Only get 4-5 hours sleep a day and luckily more on weekends.
    Yep, know a little about 25 hr days myself. . The sun never sets on my global client base. Lol. Sleep is definitely a welcome option. Sounds like you and i might share some aspects of a "minutes count" lifestyle?

My strategy for coping with the daily "hundred mile sprint" includes minimizing time with device wired to a wall outlet (swappable batteries) and maximizing multitasking time by communicating while keeping at least one hand free for pursuing the job of "life" (single handed fluency). Mealtimes got included into my "work style" during college days. To this day, fork in right hand with 99 in left hand feels TOO normal. Lol.

Only you can decide what's right for your productivity but I find things work efficiently to let servers do the archiving and set 9900 to self-delete. Usually 90 days, for me. No need to spend time manually deleting old messages... Goto "Messages Options"; "Message Display and Actions"; at bottom of page select "Days To Keep Messages"... Selectable for anywhere between 15day to Forever. Was your 9900 set to "forever"??

Prioritized message can be easily selected to save from auto delete if desired. Archived items are easily accessed from servers, as needed...

BB10 has something analogous and I find 90 days is the longest I can set BB10 for?? No "Forever" available, on mine. Fine for my use but curious about how you're managing to archive years of messages on your BB10?

Like I said, only you can decide what works best for you but even Passport's superior memory management & capacity isn't unlimited. If you plan to carry continuous archives from 2002, seems to me you'll run out of mobile storage capacity sooner or later???

Looking at my data usage records, If I swapped my Classic for a 9900, I could trim my data plan several GB, saving more than $10. No clue where you are in the world, but if you don't have access to BIS, legacy is really out of the question for you anyway.

BB10 obviously does what you want, how you want it. 9900 does what I want, how I want it. Will the 9900 already purchased do what OP wants, the way OP wants it??? That answer starts with BIS availability in Australia??? Still to be answered... ???
    11-26-16 09:16 AM
    ...I view my 9900 as a sports car. My Classic as a pickup, my PassPort as a semi... All perfectly optimized for their intended burden. Different tools for different uses.
    Totally agree. In addition to my Bold and Passport, I have an iPad Mini with no personal information on it (no contacts, no calendar, no photos) I use for "fun:" I bust it out to watch movies in-flight or to use entertainment apps (although the only app i have on it right now is NHL Game Center). I do think of the 9900 more as a "warbird," though -- say, a P-51. The Passport is more like an F-22. The Passport is bigger, heavier, more expensive, and in some ways less agile. The Bold may not have all the new tech on the Passport, but it's still a lot of "fun to fly."

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-28-16 03:19 PM
    Hello fellow crackberriers!

I have a strange introduction to make. I was never a Blackberry fan, or user. In fact, it never really entered into my conscious. I remember, some years ago, seeing a business man using a Blackberry phone, working away on the keyboard, and thinking, what a strange and beautiful phone! and then promptly forgot about it. That is until I had a dream. I have always been an iPhone user see, and so it was a strange thing to dream of using a phone that had a physical keyboard. In this dream, typing was so enjoyable. It felt nostalgic and important. When I woke I had a strong desire to own and use a phone with a pkb. I didn't even remember who made them. After searching I discovered the Blackberry from my memory, and from my dream - the 9900. Well, to cut it short I ordered one from eBay and it was delivered today.

I have to say it is perfect. It feels like I always thought a phone should feel like. The keyboard is a joy to use and after several hours I feel at home with it. The trackpad feels intuitive and natural to use. I have some strange connection with this phone.

And then I woke up from the dream when I sent a message and didn't receive one. And I tried to set up Gmail and it wouldn't validate. And I run the cellular network analysis and see the data capability fail. And then I read that you need a special Blackberry data plan to use the phone properly.

I'm in Australia, and I'm with Virgin Mobile. Could any fellow Australian tell me if it's possible to use this device with Virgin Mobile? I can't afford to switch carriers.

I would be sorely disappointed if I couldn't use my little phone.

Thanks.
    I was happy ready your post about the enjoyment gained from using BlackBerry devices, as I love them.

Saddened to follow as I read and you might no be able to get BlackBerry service in your area. (I didn't read full replies) so hopefully it's an easy fix and you can truly enjoy.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-28-16 04:01 PM