Brand new as in as soon as it came out for TMOBILE...

After Clearing Log history and deleting my browser history, cache etc. I did a soft reset. That was the last time I saw my Bold in working order. I have tried everything. It just did this to itself? Is that possible? On Startup, load bar got stuck then this....

Im on a MAC so I cant even get into App loader or anything.
    Not sure if this is "Bricked" or not, and please dont give me ish about this being in the wrong section, Im just confused. And Im not even finished paying this off yet. So im beyond pissed off right now. I have heard of something like this happening when people update their OS but not the phone doing this on its own.

11-17-11 11:19 AM
    It looks like you installed and incompatible app :S
    11-17-11 11:26 AM
    That is far from being bricked. You just need to reload your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 11:44 AM
    Everything I do simply will not allow me to connect to desktop manager. Im assuming I need a PC?
    11-17-11 11:47 AM
    The only thing I downloaded was the Fancy Speed Test. I have never seen this before.
    11-17-11 11:49 AM
    Yes, you need a PC to re-load the OS.

Worst case, just bring it back to TMobile and they'll exchange it for you.
    shlee likes this.
    11-17-11 12:44 PM
    Thanks guys, I have just never seen this before. Imagine my surprise! UGH
    11-17-11 01:21 PM
    Thanks guys, I have just never seen this before. Imagine my surprise! UGH
    It's equivalent to the Windows blue screen of death. You know it's coming at some point, but it always catches you off guard. That said, there is always a way to get through it...
    shlee likes this.
    11-17-11 02:41 PM
    I have not seen a Win BSoD for many many years. Yet 99xx or maybe OS7's have the Blue flu. I travel a lot and fear buying one.

11-18-11 03:34 AM
    I have not seen a Win BSoD for many many years. Yet 99xx or maybe OS7's have the Blue flu. I travel a lot and fear buying one.

Thinking about it, Windows 7 has never crashed on me. A program on rare occasion might close but Windows stays up and running
    11-18-11 06:46 AM
    Also, bit off topic, Microsoft hates the negative publicity of "blue screen of death" so bad, in Windows 7, you don't get Blue Screen of Death... you get Black Screen of Death. May be RIM should change JVM error codes to MVJ error codes to fix their publicity issues.

All new Windows OS releases will show a black screen with NO extended data on the crash, but will show an error code, which I have to type on Google (not Bing) to find what it exactly mean. I run servers at home and I ran in to Black Screen of Death with Windows Server 2008 R2 (Based on Win 7 structure)

RIM should change how they report error like Microsoft. LOL
    11-18-11 07:41 AM
    **Update**

Hey guys, So I tried everything last night even hooking up top my mac desktop manager. It wasnt until I did a battery pull and forgot to put the battery in, It actually recognized the phone. I was able to reload the OS and after a little while, drop the battery back in and Im back to 100%.

Later, I found there were a few links in the Mac user section. Search is a god among insects!
    Im pretty sure I might run into this problem again, so I'll be looking into updating OS ASAP. Thanks for all your help
    11-18-11 08:59 AM
    Awesome news, glad to here you got it up and running!
    shlee likes this.
    11-18-11 09:14 AM
    Also, bit off topic, Microsoft hates the negative publicity of "blue screen of death" so bad, in Windows 7, you don't get Blue Screen of Death... you get Black Screen of Death. May be RIM should change JVM error codes to MVJ error codes to fix their publicity issues.

All new Windows OS releases will show a black screen with NO extended data on the crash, but will show an error code, which I have to type on Google (not Bing) to find what it exactly mean. I run servers at home and I ran in to Black Screen of Death with Windows Server 2008 R2 (Based on Win 7 structure)

RIM should change how they report error like Microsoft. LOL
    All versions of windows have a BSoD

That is for 8. At work so cannot find the screener for 7.
    11-18-11 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD