I was at a friend's 50th birthday party Saturday night and took a few Bold 9930 pictures with the intent of uploading to Facebook. At one point, a woman who had also taken some photos decided to upload to Facebook as well and I was asked to assist her as she was having problems doing so. Not shockingly, she was using an iPhone and having a heckuva time typing captions, etc. I saw no direct upload path to Facebook on her device, which frankly surprised me. Another friend asked her if she liked the virtual keyboard on the iPhone, to which she instantly replied "No, I hate it!". At that point, I decided to upload my photos, so I held up my Bold, showing them the excellent keyboard and touchscreen capabilities, to which they oohed and ahhed, and uploaded 3 photos in about 30 seconds. She looked at me and asked if mine were uploaded already. I showed her the photos on my FB page and said "Everything's easier on the BlackBerry Bold" and walked away, leaving her to figure out how to upload her photos.
    02-19-12 06:43 AM
    That sounds like perhaps she didn't know how Facebook worked on the iPhone. I remember when I had mine it was ridiculously easy to upload pics to FB.

That said I think the newest FB interface that's on my 9930 is just fantastic. But...it still needs some work. I very often get an error message where the phone cannot connect to the server. I'm on WiFi at home, so it's not a location issue.
    02-19-12 07:03 AM
    There is nothing easier than a blackberry for navigating through different apps. Granted iphone has more going for it but too many steps to get where you want to go!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-19-12 07:07 AM
    i thought the story was going to end with you taking her home for the night and taking some other...pictures.

now that would have been real bold :P
    02-19-12 10:17 AM
    i thought the story was going to end with you taking her home for the night and taking some other...pictures.

now that would have been real bold :P
    hahahaha
    02-19-12 10:26 AM
    If you had only converted her over to BlackBerry, this would have been a much better story.
    02-19-12 11:27 AM
    As I have experienced many buy iPhone because its so popular and people think you are cool.
    Even seen people finding it difficult to perform basic tasks.
    Lot of my friends are symbian users and symbian was always a multitasking OS.
    And when they jumped iPhone they were limited with its limits.
    But people tends to change because others may see them as not so cool.
    02-19-12 11:33 AM
    Good thing you weren't trying to upload a video to Facebook from the Bold. I was highly disappointed to find out I could not upload videos from my 9900 yet my iOther device could.

Has fb been updated on the bold recently to allow video uploads?
    02-19-12 04:04 PM
    iPhone is much better in the Media department no matter how Blackberry fanboys try to spin it. The truth is Blackberry BIS network itself is outdated for media usage of average user.

She may be someone like me who cannot get used to typing on glass. But the fact is iPhone is much better than Blackberry. A personal issue of a single person compared to millions of others cannot be used as a tool to measure how good a device can be. My brother use an iPhone and I LOVE, yes I LOVE how easy it is to navigate and upload images and movies. But because I hate not having a physical keyboard, I just gave up on iPhone.

The Bluetooth keyboards for iPhone drains the battery. So, I hope RIM make good phones with physical keyboards years to come.

It's her personal issue. The iPhone was, is and will be the BEST media phone for next few years for sure.
    02-19-12 04:12 PM
    As I have experienced many buy iPhone because its so popular and people think you are cool.
    Even seen people finding it difficult to perform basic tasks.
    Lot of my friends are symbian users and symbian was always a multitasking OS.
    And when they jumped iPhone they were limited with its limits.
    But people tends to change because others may see them as not so cool.
    And some people are stubborn and refuse to change!

My symbian-user boyfriend is still reluctant to make a change to BB despite treading the waters for a few months. My only consolation is that he will never go to iOS.
    02-19-12 07:18 PM
    I made 2 of my buddies make the switch from Iphake to BB. They said they got an iPhone because it was cool? Really? I let em mess around on my phone, and I kept hearing 'look how easy it is to type' and 'I think I'm ready for a hardware upgrade.' 1 of my friends wanted to buy it off me on the spot lol.

I think it was ignorance on their part for never giving BB a chance.
    02-19-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD