My blackberry 9900 screen would not come up,the button shows white lights but the screen is black and nothing shows the phone is ringing when I called but all with black screen is it something to do with the firmware!? or the screen fault earlier I see there is thin lines shows on the screen when I tried to restart but again its gone black. the lines won't show up again till now I have tried to restart the phones multiple times but got no luck..

Posted via CB10
    04-14-18 11:59 PM
    My blackberry 9900 screen would not come up,the button shows white lights but the screen is black and nothing shows the phone is ringing when I called but all with black screen is it something to do with the firmware!? or the screen fault earlier I see there is thin lines shows on the screen when I tried to restart but again its gone black. the lines won't show up again till now I have tried to restart the phones multiple times but got no luck..

Posted via CB10
    Good news, you have a fixable problem. Bad news, it's a pain in the ***.
    04-15-18 09:01 AM
    Use a computer with Windows 7 or earlier version to back up then factory reset the phone. After the reset, if the screen is still black, you may need to replace the screen, which is available on eBay or online phone parts stores.

If you have to buy a new screen, make sure that you buy the correct screen version. The version number is on the metal back plate of the screen and ends with 001 or 002 or so.

Disassemble the phone is not difficult at all and there is plenty of instruction videos on youtube.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 12:04 PM
    did you tried to pull battery?
    04-15-18 04:06 PM
    yes several times but no luck

Posted via CB10
    05-24-18 02:17 AM
    yes several times but no luck

Posted via CB10
    You need a new screen. Also, try shining a BRIGHT flashlight at the screen, if there's something, the backlight most likely went dead on it.

Mine still works thankfully.
    06-12-18 03:01 AM