hey guys, does your bold like to freeze especially when exiting the text messages app? there is always a 4-8 sec freeze and it annoys the shiit out of me...i am on .353 i have reset the phone and the problem is still there, no apps downloaded...its crazy!
    09-24-11 09:33 PM
    my bold never freezes i do get a clock when i start up a 3d game or wikeitude. but once they are open then its good to go
    09-24-11 10:10 PM
    im trying to trace the problem. smh
    09-24-11 10:46 PM
    Worst case scenario, backup your phone, and do a fresh reinstall. You never know, its been known to work for other strange issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 12:45 AM
    Yes, actually mine has been freezing here and there almost daily, but mostly in the browser... and the strange thing is all this started about 3 weeks + into owning the phone. It was quite stable otherwise. I've pulled the battery about 4 or 5 times because of this, and it does improve after the reboot, but starts again within hours.
    09-25-11 01:52 AM
    I'm seeing this, too, but I'm also running some betas. Haven't pinned it down yet.

09-25-11 01:53 AM
    My Bold 9900 freezes at times too.. (OS.353 SK Telekom)

Not the hourglass/spinning clock thing.. but just freeze for several seconds. Can't type and touching the screen won't work either..

It's not that often.. But I experience it at least once a day..

Anybody has this issue? Wonder what causing it. For a device that have 1Ghz processor and 768 RAM, I expect better.. maybe it's the OS thing?
    10-06-11 09:12 PM
    Mine freezes and the hour glass also but I expect that from a blackberry. But not one with this size processor you would think that would of been taken care of! I think an OS update could fix that issue I hope!

10-06-11 09:17 PM
    Nope, too many messages? Tried reinstalling OS? To be safe, I'd download a fresh copy, uninstall the old one, restart computer, install the new one and go from there.
    10-06-11 09:20 PM
    Nope, too many messages? Tried reinstalling OS? To be safe, I'd download a fresh copy, uninstall the old one, restart computer, install the new one and go from there.
    I just performed the above about a week ago, and the freezes have come back already... It was very snappy and stable for a few days, but the short stalls are back... before it seemed it was mostly freezing while in the native browser, but it really can happen while using any part of the software. But definitely the freezes were longer before I wiped (using bbsak), it would last maybe 15-20 seconds, now they're much shorter at least.

Seems the OP is having this on one of the newer OS's even, bummer. I'm on Vzw's official .254.
    Last edited by pblakk; 10-06-11 at 10:46 PM.
    10-06-11 10:44 PM
    I just performed the above about a week ago, and the freezes have come back already... It was very snappy and stable for a few days, but the short stalls are back... before it seemed it was mostly freezing while in the native browser, but it really can happen while using any part of the software. But definitely the freezes were longer before I wiped (using bbsak), it would last maybe 15-20 seconds, now they're much shorter at least.

Seems the OP is having this on one of the newer OS's even, bummer. I'm on Vzw's official .254.
    Might be a battery issue, I had a friend who's Curve did that, did every troubleshoot I could think of, replaced the battery resolved the problem, try that out.
    10-06-11 11:48 PM
    Might be a battery issue, I had a friend who's Curve did that, did every troubleshoot I could think of, replaced the battery resolved the problem, try that out.
    Really... that's an oddball one I've never heard of before. I'd like to try a newer OS, whether leaked or official, use that for a while and observe. If it doesn't improve, I'll try the battery.
    10-08-11 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD