So my Bold 9930 (Verizon) runs perfectly without any problems throughout the day, but then at about 6pm or so, it will start to freeze. It freezes for 2-3 seconds a couple times a minute...no hourglass, just the freezing. This happens EVERY single night and ONLY at night. I don't understand it. I have tried just waiting till the morning, deleting things and cleaning the phone, but it doesn't work. So I just have to reboot it and the problem is solved....until the next evening. Does anyone else have this problem? This is terribly annoying and I can't stand rebooting my phone when I shouldn't have to (even though it takes literally 60 seconds, it's annoying because I need to use my phone). I run the latest from Verizon: 7.1.0.580. What should I do guys?
    08-18-12 07:37 PM
    BB Protect backing up daily at that time perhaps, or do you end up in the same location every evening about that time?
    08-18-12 10:49 PM
    Its probably because by that time in the day your phone is low on memory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-19-12 12:37 AM
    BB Protect backing up daily at that time perhaps, or do you end up in the same location every evening about that time?
    I doubt it because if I don't reboot it will just continue to freeze. And no I've been in different places.

I doubt that too because that never happened on my Tour which only had 128MB of RAM I believe and much less memory. Plus I have tried deleting txts, messages, browsing data, and memory cleaning with no luck. Only thing that works is a reboot.

Now I am starting to think it is the OS. I got this in the marketplace about 2 weeks ago and it came with a lower OS (can't remember, .3__?) and this problem started about the time I updated to .580. Should I downgrade? I would hate to do that so I'll See what others have to say firstm
    Last edited by ajst222; 08-19-12 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Typo
    08-19-12 08:04 AM
    If it had anything to do with memory, you'd see timer spin. Use the tools within the OS to analyze the issue.

ajst222 likes this.
    08-19-12 08:19 AM
    I agree with Wulf, run BBDA for a few days to try and find the problem.
    08-19-12 09:37 AM
    If it had anything to do with memory, you'd see timer spin. Use the tools within the OS to analyze the issue.

Click to view quoted image
    Yea I thought the same thing about the clock. But where do I find these tools? I can't find them anywhere in the settings
    08-19-12 02:26 PM
    08-19-12 02:36 PM
    Yea I tried searching it but like I said, nothing shows up
    08-19-12 03:46 PM
    Is it frightened of the dark?
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-19-12 05:00 PM
    Go to options, then ALT + BBDA.
    08-19-12 05:09 PM
    Go to options, then ALT + BBDA.
    Yea it doesn't show up. Is it possible that BBDA isn't installed? Not sure why it isn't on my Bold
    08-19-12 05:56 PM
    You either shrunk it out, had a corrupt download/install, or don't have the OS installed you think you have. Try using Internet Explorer, download and install the OS on your PC again, then use loader.exe and the missing files (or OS itself) will load.

Edit - or you can just install the Application Resource Monitor:

Free Application Resource Monitor - Download Application Resource Monitor - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-19-12 10:35 PM
    remove all 3rd party apps...one is the culprit! I went through this with my phone and couldn't believe uninstalling my fav apps i had for yrs solved the issue.

Eventually I re-installed each app that I needed and the freezing problem is gone.
    08-20-12 01:33 AM
    You either shrunk it out, had a corrupt download/install, or don't have the OS installed you think you have. Try using Internet Explorer, download and install the OS on your PC again, then use loader.exe and the missing files (or OS itself) will load.

Edit - or you can just install the Application Resource Monitor:

Free Application Resource Monitor - Download Application Resource Monitor - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    I tried the Resource Monitor, but it wouldn't install on my phone. Could I also wipe my phone and install the backup I have from before installing .580 or would what you said be a better option?
    08-20-12 07:41 AM
    With .580 installed my 9930 has yet to freeze! I would look at the apps you have installed or reload the OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-20-12 07:48 AM
    With .580 installed my 9930 has yet to freeze! I would look at the apps you have installed or reload the OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Mine never froze even before it...until this! I'm probably going to reload the OS when I get a chance.
    08-20-12 07:53 AM
    If you can't install the Application Monitor, it's because it's already installed. Check Options->Application List

Wiping won't help you at all, and is something I almost never recommend. The issue is with you or the OS, not your database. Are you sure you are holding alt while typing BBDA?

KB31922-BlackBerry Device Analyzer Application is missing on the BlackBerry Smartphone
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-20-12 08:00 AM
    If you can't install the Application Monitor, it's because it's already installed. Check Options->Application List

Wiping won't help you at all, and is something I almost never recommend. The issue is with you or the OS, not your database. Are you sure you are holding alt while typing BBDA?

KB31922-BlackBerry Device Analyzer Application is missing on the BlackBerry Smartphone
    Ya know, I got it. I coulda sworn I was before. But anyways, I checked the "Issues With Device Responsiveness" like you had highlighted and it just says that my device isn't low on memory, which I already knew. Should I just find the latest (which is on CB) and do that or should I find the Verizon OS (the one here is Sprint)? Will it make a difference, because I want the preinstalled Verizon apps. I actually use some haha. You've been very helpful
    Last edited by ajst222; 08-20-12 at 08:33 AM.
    08-20-12 08:20 AM
    You must have an app that triggers at 6 each evening, and causes the issue. Wait a day or two and see if the analyzer finds a problem. You should also enable the battery analyzer.

Verizon's latest is 580, so if you're correct it will be the same OS.
    08-20-12 08:34 AM
    You must have an app that triggers at 6 each evening, and causes the issue. Wait a day or two and see if the analyzer finds a problem. You should also enable the battery analyzer.

Verizon's latest is 580, so if you're correct it will be the same OS.
    Like you said, I already had the Resource Manager installed and infact I checked it out when I was trying to fix the problem on its own. I've had that on since .580. Will BBDA or the other analyzer find this on its own? And I will enable that. The only app I remember installing around the time this started was Tiny Bird-Free, but I doubt that would cause anything. I will delete it anyway to see what happens
    Last edited by ajst222; 08-20-12 at 08:57 AM.
    08-20-12 08:54 AM

Not likely. The OP has a 9930 not an 8130.
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-20-12 10:38 AM

I don't care what anyone else says, this is exactly MY problem. When I reboot every morning, I have about 190MB of memory. By the evening, my phone is down to 86 or sometimes 70 something and it freezes. It doesn't freeze in the morning when I have plenty of memory. In my case, the freezing is from an app or theme leaking the memory.

Say what you want, THIS is what I believe. Just in case anyone else wants to consider this point of view.
    08-20-12 05:52 PM
    I don't care what anyone else says, this is exactly MY problem. When I reboot every morning, I have about 190MB of memory. By the evening, my phone is down to 86 or sometimes 70 something and it freezes. It doesn't freeze in the morning when I have plenty of memory. In my case, the freezing is from an app or theme leaking the memory.

Say what you want, THIS is what I believe. Just in case anyone else wants to consider this point of view.
    I didn't realize you were still leaking that bad!
    08-20-12 06:12 PM
    I didn't realize you were still leaking that bad!

Yeah that leak is pretty large.... I average 30MB over 3 days. It all depends on what you have installed. Dropbox gave me about 30-40 MB loss per day alone.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk�
    08-20-12 08:57 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD