Hi All,

I have the Bold 9900. I am experiencing a very very weird problem. I had a phone call today, and after it ended the screen still said "incoming call" and showed the number. I tried exiting many times and it was just frozen, so i rebooted using ctrl+alt+del.

Since the reboot, my phone opens up to what seems like a menu showing all the apps I have installed, and at the top it says "Blackberry Platform 5.0.0.469", and in the middle, I am getting all sorts of error messages, every time I press OK another different one comes up. I am getting all the different Uncaught Exception error messages, and then a final one that reads "owner died" somewhere in there.

Now all I want to do is to back up my stuff but Desktop Manager is not letting me do that. It is only allowing me to update the software. Luckily, most of my files are on my microSD, but I badly need my contacts and my memopad files as they contain very important information.

Does anyone have any idea how to help me out? This is the first time I try this site so sorry for advance if I am not asking for help in the right place and by no means am I trying to hijack this thread; but I am desperate to find a solution and the error messages some people are receiving seem similar to mine.

Notes: The battery had died right before this happened, but I charged it again
    - no new apps installed prior to this error sequence...the phone has been functioning beautifully for 4 months

List of error messages:
    uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException‎
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitfor(0xbfca09409ffe99ef)tim eout --> this keeps repeating with different codes in the parantheses
    uncaught exception:java.lang.Error
    uncaught exception : no input support can be provided for en_US locale
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor(0x3826bb0c1bc0202 2)owner died Thread[Thread-88857600,5]
    01-31-12 04:52 PM
    since it says "owner died" maybe it is a direct threat to your address; worth looking into it. On a serious note, plug it into your PC and perform the update. Don't worry about the contacts and such as they will be backed up as part of the update process. Hope it helps, "like" my post if it does.
    01-31-12 05:16 PM
    since it says "owner died" maybe it is a direct threat to your address; worth looking into it. On a serious note, plug it into your PC and perform the update. Don't worry about the contacts and such as they will be backed up as part of the update process. Hope it helps, "like" my post if it does.
    shegeeked likes this.
    01-31-12 05:22 PM
    Yea, "owner died" sounds shady. If you have an old backup, do a security wipe and retore the backup. But I'm afraid you probably don't or you wouldn't be asking ... Anyway, I hope someone has some thoughts on this.
    01-31-12 05:32 PM
    Yea, "owner died" sounds shady. If you have an old backup, do a security wipe and retore the backup. But I'm afraid you probably don't or you wouldn't be asking ... Anyway, I hope someone has some thoughts on this.
    Very odd indeed unless this is a joke.
    01-31-12 05:39 PM
    Are you sure my contacts and BBM contact list will be retained if I do this update? The IT guy at my office told me that the update will install new software and will wipe everything.

Very odd indeed unless this is a joke.
    Not a joke sir, I can promise you that.

I can't access any other menu other than what I am seeing, and I am unable to press on anything because the error messages remain on top. When I press the menu button for a while, it gives me the option to choose between Phone, Browser, Java Console, and Messages. Nothing happens when I press any of them and I am back to the same menu, except for when I press messages, thats when the screen turns white and it gives me App error 606 and asks me to reset.

HELP please...is there anyone out there?
    02-01-12 05:00 AM
    Are you running BIS or BES? If BIS, you can use BlackBerry Protect to run a backup and then restore once you've completed the update.

As has been mentioned, you will have an option to backup while updating the OS, but should anything go wrong during the update (unlikely, but known to happen), you will loose everything.
    02-01-12 09:13 AM
    Did you install or sideload any app before you got the error message?

I got the same error on my 9810 after installing the new version of Facebook '-'

Also i tried to connect my device with Desktop Manager, AppLoader and BBSAK and it just won't work, my computer won't recognize it and I can't wipe it :/
    02-01-12 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD