Okay so I have dimmed the backlight to 10, put the other light thing at 20 (the lowest) i downloaded a battery saver app, i have battery saving mode on, application resource monitor on, i don't have any apps open ever unless i'm using them... i still lose my battery life in 6 hours.. what the else can i do? lol i'm getting so annoyed. this phone is so sexy but the battery life is killing it for me
    11-15-12 12:45 PM
    set all your apps to refresh once per day or manually instead of most like facebook that refresh every hour, you can also buy extended batteries cheaply or go with a 100% guarenteed one from mugen and the other reputable battery companies for aa 1500mah battery giving you a few extra hours. i use a 1900mah slim one from ebay and i doubt its really 1900mah but i get 8-12 hours constant use e.g. music playing for hours- emails - texts - bbm- browsing - games,30- 48 hours light-medium use -checking emails - texting - games for an hour or two - bbm and 60- 88 hours standby (no to little use - checking the time occasionally at work, replying to the odd text) For Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 1900mAh High Capacity Battery | eBay

you can upgrade your operating system to a hybrid which uses all the best bits from different os builds into one, im using berrylicious ultimate hybrid rc7 b1 with my high capacity battery and the average drain rate is only 0.8% standby - 5% in use, even a regular official upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 will greatly increase battery life it doesnt have to be from your specific carrier as all os's are compatible with eachother - ATT do need a separate version of berylicious hybrid (found in the beta OS section of the forum)

dont bother with a battery saving app, they use up as much battery to run all the time in the background as they probably do to save, probably more drain than save. newer OS builds have a built in app monitor that kills apps still running in the background to save energy unless you select do not monitor this, you can also download advance os and led for the device optimiser (once every 12 hours cycles) to clear out your memory and keep your phone quick, it also has some battery saving options
    Attached Thumbnails My bb bold 9900-s12_10_25__08_50_51.jpg   My bb bold 9900-s12_11_06__16_03_19.jpg  
    11-15-12 01:13 PM
    Okay so I have dimmed the backlight to 10, put the other light thing at 20 (the lowest) i downloaded a battery saver app, i have battery saving mode on, application resource monitor on, i don't have any apps open ever unless i'm using them... i still lose my battery life in 6 hours.. what the else can i do? lol i'm getting so annoyed. this phone is so sexy but the battery life is killing it for me
    You shouldn't have to do all of that.

If you have the latest OS 7.1 installed, and have your social networking apps (facebook, twitter, etc) set to refresh for 3-4hours or more you should be fine. Also, connecting to wifi when available helps a lot!. I get about 12-15hrs a day because Im connected to wifi at work and at home.
    11-15-12 01:26 PM