It has been a year since the BB 9900 came out and since i upgraded from the Bold 9780 and my device is slowly dying. I noticed this the other day when i was taking a picture and the pic wasn't viewable. Screen kept saying this is a READ ONLY file. It wouldn't let me view or delete the photo. Then my music player stopped working and wouldn't me skip/fast forward to the next song. I kept constantly having to remove the battery, reboot, etc.

Finally, i thought maybe it was my micro SD card. I thought the micro SD card died, or was corrupted, so i tried to format it and my BB wouldn't allow it and i tried to pop it in my laptop via micro slot and it wouldn't let me format it either. I decided to retire my 9900 and go back to my back-up Blackberry, the Bold 9780 (Smart thing i kept it 4 emergencies).

Anyways, when transferring devices i get a pop up saying INTERNAL STORAGE unable to copy. Everything else transferred, but the internal memory. I don't save anything to the internal memory. Everything goes to micro SD, so i am not sure what happened to my device, but i am very sad that it is literally on the verge of dying. Every time i touched the screen, try to pull up a phone number, or click an icon, i got the dreaded CLOCK icon (Ya know, indicating to me that the phone is thinking or handling too much at once and can't deal with it). It has been this way all day. It is so depressing to see my beloved Blackberry die a slow painful death after only living for 12 months.

I am officially throwing in the towel and using my 9780 till RIM gets it together and releases a 4.8 inch BB Bold device with built in keyboard. If Samsung can make big screen phones, so can you RIM and i hope someone at RIM is reading this! I don't want the new BB Bold to have a small 2.4 inch screen! I am tired of watching every smartphone user have Netflix on their phone but me, and also saddened by the fact that RIM has released nothing new in 2012 while letting Android and Apple take the spotlight.
    08-24-12 08:01 PM
    Give it a last shot, and upgrade it to the latest 7.1.x OS.
    Do not clutter the phone with apps, or you will see the glass very often. You also mentioned the card won't work on your laptop, so it might be the card killing your phone.

I've been using my 9900 for almost a year, and it still working well, although I had to remove unnecessary not-daily use apps.
    08-24-12 08:13 PM
    I don't know what happened. It isn't functional at this point. My 9780 is running smoothly and responsive.
    08-24-12 08:15 PM
    I wouldn't give it on the 9900 just yet. Try wiping the device and replace the os with the latest 7.1 os.
    08-24-12 08:20 PM
    Also check what's on the internal memory first because you might have hit a mis button and it started to save everything on there you didn't realize which would slow it down if its mexed out
    08-24-12 08:52 PM
    It was already on 7.1, so i don't know what it is. Now the music player on my 9780 is acting up. It won't let me skip songs. I deleted the last 2 albums i added just when my BB 9900 started acting up and now it is running smoothly, but who knows how long that will last.
    08-24-12 09:01 PM
    Could be a corrupt sd card that needs formating.

Also wipe your 9900 with bbsak, install new os on it with no junk and it will run fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 11:45 PM
    use BB desktop program 2 so this? Also, i know this is silly, but i dont wanna lose contaxts and old emails.
    08-24-12 11:52 PM
    I wouldn't give it on the 9900 just yet. Try wiping the device and replace the os with the latest 7.1 os.
    Yep. Can't hurt at this point.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-24-12 11:54 PM
    Yes use desktop manager to back it up.

Then download bbsak, and plug your device in, open bbsak and click wipe. It will wipe it for you and your phone will say error 507 no software.

Go download a 7.1 of your choice, im using 523 works for me. Install the software, go find the vendor file and delete it. Go to apploader, and follow the directions to install new OS.
    There are detailed instructions everywhere too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-25-12 12:00 AM
    Just upgrade the OS format the SD card, don't install anything use it for a few days and see if that works.
    08-25-12 11:29 AM
    I'm already on the latest 7.1 official OS release from T-Mobile. I think it has something 2 do with the SD card cause I couldn't format it on my PC.
    08-25-12 01:17 PM
    I'm already on the latest 7.1 official OS release from T-Mobile. I think it has something 2 do with the SD card cause I couldn't format it on my PC.

Has anyone ever experienced sluggish performance over an SD card?
    08-25-12 01:17 PM

Has anyone ever experienced sluggish performance over an SD card?
    Have you got compression enabled ?

I's sure that I have read in another thread that this can casue the symptoms that you are suffering from.
    08-25-12 01:26 PM
    Buddy, wipe your OS. Back it up but don't restore from it. Wack your SIM in and then try. Don't use a media card or load any apps. I had a bad card in my Torch 9800 which made it vomit. When your PC can's format it your phone will have a worse time. Use no apps or anything like that and add them slowly. Even buy a new MicroSD card for your phone. They're dirt cheap nowadays. Just buy a fast Kingston or SanDisk one. If all of the above don't work? Well... You're SOL. Good luck! Report back here.
    08-25-12 02:28 PM
    I actually got a new 32GB sd card and experienced the same problem. Maybe cause I copied everything from the old 32 to the new 32. Anyways, I formatted the new 32 and decided 2 just copy and paste from my original music file instead of the folder I created for the damaged 32. It seems 2 be functioning fine now, but we'll see how long that last.
    08-25-12 03:00 PM
    Good, I'm glad to hear that. Did you restore from the backup or start afresh?
    08-25-12 03:18 PM
    You mean the SD card or the actual Blackberry?
    08-25-12 03:28 PM
    You mean the SD card or the actual Blackberry?
    Actual BlackBerry.
    08-25-12 04:18 PM
    Sounds like you need to start out on a fresh OS. I never had this problem with .284. My phone works better than the first day i got it.
    08-25-12 04:47 PM
    I did the device restore where one has to type in the word BLACKBERRY and then I switched devices using desktop software. I think it has to do with the SD card, but the new sd card seems to be fine now, since I formatted and copied music from my original iTunes folder and not from the damaged card.
    08-25-12 05:25 PM
    I did the device restore where one has to type in the word BLACKBERRY...
    You did a security wipe then.
    08-25-12 05:27 PM
    I was so sad yesterday because the BB was soooo bad that I couldn't even look up a contact in my address book. Whenever I tapped the screen, the dreaded clock would appear and just rotate its arms for mins at a time. I couldn't wait to get home and pop my sim card into my old backup BB.
    08-25-12 05:28 PM
    Is a security wipe ok and just as good?
    08-25-12 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD