Yes, another battery life thread but this time I am not complaining.. Cheers!!! People didn't believe my battery life. So I monitored my one day usage of my phone in extreme detail.
    I started writing this as a post but it got so big that I decided to turn it into a thread. I am sure people will make use of this thread and maybe some people will stop think that I post only to grab attention.

By the way this is a weekday. So when I am in school my phone is idle. Consequently my usage will be lower than a normal heavy usage. And my usage screens may not show the exact results because the second I send a text I lock the phone. Believe me these numbers are real. I am not the kind of person who needs attention, and gets if from forums.

My biggest advantage is I don't talk too much on my mobile phone

Handset: Vodafone UK (Hungary 3 under the battery door) -unlocked
    OS Version: 7.0.0.540 (my carrier's official - Turkcell)
    Battery: Korea(main) / Japan (spare) -both are excellent, Korea seems to last a bit longer.

Installed Apps:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Wikitude
    Tapatalk
    Windows Live Messenger
    Whatsapp
    Meterberry
    Show Me the Images
    Scoremobile for Blackberry
    Eurosport
    Screen Grabber
    3D Rollercoaster Rush Jurassic 2
    Slice
    Facebook Messenger
    Berryweather
    Shazam
    Spotify
    Foursquare

App Refreshes:
    Berryweather - every 2 hours
    Twitter - every 5 minutes
    Meterberry - every 15 mins (if that matters)

Auto dim: 30 sec
    Brightness: %30

MONDAY

Off charger:6.45 am battery %100

***Light usage till 7.30 battery @ %98 -7.30
    15bbms, 1text, checked twitter feed, 2minute browsing, 3 incoming mails

***Idle between 7.30-14.55 EDGE only @15.00 battery at %89
    1 missed call , 4bbms, 3text messges, 5mails -all incoming of course

Meterberry screens after 7 hours of idle

***Moderate usage 15.00-16.30 -EDGE only
    50 bbms, twitter, little browsing, one 40sec. call, 2 incoming texts, 2 incoming/outgoing mails

Usage and Meterberry screen

***Heavy usage 16.30-18.00 -EDGE only
    200bbms, 5incoming/outgoing text messages, 12 incoming/ 4 outgoing emails, some twitter, little browsing

-Reboot at 18.25
    -Desktop software backup at 18.30 -gained %1 battery �sorry folks

***Idle between 18.45 and 20.00 -battery drained from %75 to %74 -connected to wifi

Meterberry screen after 1.5 hours of idle

***Light usage 20.00-20.45 ..battery stayed at %74 - connected to wifi
    20bbms, 2 text messages, 2 incoming/outgoing mails, check twitter

***Heavy to excessive usage 20.45-23.59 -connected to wifi
    1000+bbms, 50 incoming mails, 10 outgoing mails, 40 send/receive texts, moderate twitter usage, some Facebook

Meterberry screen after a heavy usage night

I will stop it at 12 AM so I can edit and upload it to the forums. But generally add 30 mins till my sleeping time. So it doesn't make that much difference in battery life.

Here is my story
    Anything you would like to see can be added.

-Emir
    JR A, Vijik, shemaree09 and 3 others like this.
    12-19-11 04:24 PM
    Battery life on my 9930 is significantly better with 7.1.
    12-19-11 04:27 PM
    On .163? And what were you using before?
    12-19-11 05:04 PM
    The battery life seems normal to me.

Thanks for the screen shots.
    12-19-11 05:24 PM
    Battery life on my 9900 running 7.1.0.74 is great provided that I stay on TMo's 4G network and have strong signal (3+ bars). As soon as I spend a lot of time in weak signal areas or on EDGE, my battery life seems to suffer.

This is non scientific, but its been my experience in the 3 months I've owned this phone.

I also have a Japan and Korea battery. Again, in my non scientific testing they seem fairly equal.
    12-19-11 06:23 PM
    Do you get the phantom power drop in the first hour after a full charge? If anything, that is the only issue I have with this build.
    12-19-11 07:16 PM
    Do you get the phantom power drop in the first hour after a full charge? If anything, that is the only issue I have with this build.
    Are you talking about the 99+ to 92% in an hour or less? I had that on my 9810, I just switched back to the 9900 after almost two weeks (my new Seideio case came in).

Oops, .585 on the 9810, 7.1 on the Bold.
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 12-20-11 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Left stuff out.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    12-20-11 12:09 AM
    That's awesome and dedication. Thanks for sharing. I get about 8-14 hrs, the difference as best as I can tell is that the times that I am on the road, the battery drains faster, when I work from home it's when the battery lasts longer. Either way I'm happy w/the battery life and phone.
    12-20-11 12:27 AM
    You're on EDGE, if you don't get significantly better battery life go throw your 9900 in a river.
    12-20-11 12:51 AM
    You're on EDGE, if you don't get significantly better battery life go throw your 9900 in a river.
    That comment was totally uncalled for. Don't understand why people have to come up with such ignorant negative statements sometimes. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the information.
    12-20-11 05:38 AM
    I'm not on EDGE normally. My home network is HSPA+.

As I said I was traveling and when out of country I'm on EDGE. Another person traveling with me had a 9900 and had the same issue with batt life while on the EDGE networks. It wasn't horrible, just noticeably sucking more battery. Why I do not know. Maybe the signal was weak at times as I had the phone in my pocket and was not staring at the screen. Or, maybe an OS issue.

Anyway, 2 phones had same issue. He's on AT&T.
    12-20-11 07:40 AM
    That pretty much mirrors my battery life, although I don't talk a great deal, maybe a few calls a day.
    12-20-11 07:51 AM
    On .163? And what were you using before?
    Yes, 7.1.0.163. I was on 7.0.0.374.

I can't honestly say. I gave up Meterberry almost 2 years ago. For me it became obsolete once I got Storm2 and had plenty of free app memory available.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-20-11 at 08:03 AM.
    12-20-11 07:56 AM
    All I do on my phone is talk on it nonstop and reply to a ridiculous amount of emails for work all day long.

I have a good 50% charge left when I go to sleep... no complaints here.
    12-20-11 07:58 AM
    I used to complain about battery life until I downloaded an app called deBattGym. I used to go to bed after a hard day with around 10-20% remaining. Since using this app for a single day I am now going to bed with 50% remaining. I am amazed!
    12-20-11 09:35 AM
    I used to complain about battery life until I downloaded an app called deBattGym. I used to go to bed after a hard day with around 10-20% remaining. Since using this app for a single day I am now going to bed with 50% remaining. I am amazed!
    Wow, really?!
    Can you give us some more info about the app?
    12-20-11 09:50 AM
    I got this right out of the box. I've never had any battery issues. I continuously get 15+ hours of battery life daily.
    12-20-11 10:24 AM
    Battery life for me has been on average because I don't notice it that much, all I care for is being able to use my device without it dying on me. Charging it overnight and when I run it low, I just do it when needed. I get 12-15 hours depending. Waiting on the extended battery for longer times.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 11:16 AM

I get this i dont know how to fix it.
    12-20-11 11:23 AM
    I get this i dont know how to fix it.
    What OS are you running ?
    12-20-11 11:25 AM
    Wow, really?!
    Can you give us some more info about the app?
    Here it is. I haven't tried it. I'm not sure if it's talking about making the battery last longer before needing a replacement, or between charges.
    12-20-11 11:45 AM

How does this app increase battery life?

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 01:18 PM
    Hm please post a screeny of your Usage monitor next time ;-)

BTW your heavy usage is a moderat usage.....
    12-20-11 02:08 PM
    This is usage for a mobile phone? As i see, this phone is idle 99% percent of the time. It's irrelevant.

If my phone is idle, i have the same 1% discharge rate. But the phones are not build to stay on a desk.
    So, when you use it, you really have some deacent calls and you start browsing, you'll get up to 20% discharge per hour. This means mobile phone.
    12-20-11 03:03 PM
    This is usage for a mobile phone? As i see, this phone is idle 99% percent of the time. It's irrelevant.

If my phone is idle, i have the same 1% discharge rate. But the phones are not build to stay on a desk.
    So, when you use it, you really have some deacent calls and you start browsing, you'll get up to 20% discharge per hour. This means mobile phone.
    The most I had last week was %13. Spotify streaming music, tapatalk, bbm with 4-5 people and text message with one people, incoming/outgoing mails. This was heavy IMO and never saw %20.
    12-20-11 03:35 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD