When it comes to the 9900/9930 Forum, I'm both saddened and grateful. Sad for all those who don't have experiences to write positive things about their Bold and grateful that I'm enjoying this Bold so much more than my 8330. I lost one convenience key but gained both space bar and media convenience keys using QL and 6 Tools. I didn't lose on the trade up from 8330 and the BB outage gave me free upgrades. My browser now flies and zooms in and word wraps internet text with a double tap - that rocks! On my last trip I discovered the compass also tells you mph and it matched the Garmin...cool. Gmail quit supporting the gmail app - who cares now, the browser gives more options anyway And that built-in stand - an engineering marvel. And that nail polish remover trick removing the logo from the bezel has made this device look even sleeker. I keep wifi on all the time and use the lock button as I slide it into the standard case and here after 18 hours I'm at 48% battery. But I'll plug it in so I can see those big clock numbers in the middle of the night and find my slippers with its dim night light. I love my BB Bold, it suits me just fine, no problems, no fuss. Just nice.
    11-15-11 12:06 AM
    Mines kickin like a chicken.........
    11-15-11 12:24 AM
    Mine is going strong. Zero problems.

CMHBerry is correct... Use 6 Tools to gain more convenience keys.

I am 100% pleased with this device.
    11-15-11 12:37 AM
    9900 going strong. first one had no problems aside from a cosmetic defect.
    11-15-11 12:46 AM
    +1!

9930 from Verizon running .374
    11-15-11 01:30 AM
    +1 !

switched from att to verizon and got 9930 a month ago .awesome phone no issues at all.just upgraded os to .374.
    11-15-11 01:45 AM
    +1 had it from day one, vodafone uk day one and I'm making sure I'm holding on to mine since it has my initials at the end of the PIN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 02:31 AM
    Minus a few quirks here and there, this thing runs flawlessly! Couldn't be happier with it.

+1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 02:56 AM
    Everything working perfectly from day one... +1!

11-15-11 06:51 AM
    You know a product sucks when people start posting threads that reach out to those that aren't having issues and asking that they please speak up.
    11-15-11 07:09 AM
    Enjoy your half empty glass today!
    11-15-11 07:16 AM
    Already a thread for this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-yet-668518/

To the above posters:
    Obviously folks are going to post if their 9900/9930 has bricked and not as much if it hasn't. This is a forum for help mostly. Kinda pointless to make threads saying " no issues here, that is all." lol

This is a widespread issue though. There are more threads about the 9900/9930 bricking/nuking on other BlackBerry forums as well. Somethig is wrong with those phones, software, hardware, battery. We are not sure yet, but they shoukd not nuke/brick like this on such a wide scale..
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-15-11 at 07:26 AM.
    11-15-11 07:23 AM
    I see your point too about the difference in threads. But the OP is starting this thread after seeig all the bricked threads. As a kind of, rebuttal, I suppose.

So in that way, they are the same.

Even going by the "Mine has bricked" and "Mine has not" threads you can see more folks have issues than not.

Though little glitches are expected and not a big deal in my opinion. The 9900/9930 is a great device! I will be getting one too when the brickig issue is worked out. Hope that is soon, and AM glad to see that not everyone is having problems with their new device.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-15-11 at 07:35 AM.
    11-15-11 07:31 AM
    Mine has been flawless thus far also. Love it!

11-15-11 07:34 AM
    Love my 9930. Running 9930/7.0.0.374 on my Sprint BlackBerry. Smooth as Can Be.

11-15-11 08:19 AM
    My bold is superb too almost 2months now ,upload many os ,leak official hybrid no problem at all,hope that bricked bold in a bricked thread will soon can solve this problem ,if my bold have bricked I think my feeling won't differnt from them
    Ps. Mine was made in Hungary 2

11-15-11 08:29 AM
    ....... This is a forum for help mostly. Kinda pointless to make threads saying " no issues here, that is all." lol
    +1

I happen to agree with you to be fair!

But before I get flamed or accused of being a 'glass half empty kind guy' I should point out that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY PHONE! Best BB yet! Loool!

Have a great day!

Kindest regards

Mav.
    Last edited by Mavrique; 11-15-11 at 08:43 AM.
    11-15-11 08:41 AM
    I'm quite happy with my 9930, which I've had since Sprint's launch day. Last week I had a hiccup where it nuked twice in 24 hours, but the second time I loaded the latest official Verizon OS and it's back to its old, solid self. Aside from the event last week, it has been the most solid smart phone I have ever owned.

(Interestingly enough, my wife's iPhone 4s nuked on the same day as my 9930. Strange coincidence.)

It's clear some folks are having considerable trouble, but I'm one of the fairly lucky ones. Overall I think the 9930 is a killer phone and wouldn't trade it for anything else out there.
    11-15-11 10:18 AM
    9930 on verizon running .374 and running great. Not one issue yet.

Love this phone.

Came from the 8530, wow what an upgrade!

I hope someone can figure out what is causing all those issues.

This is my third os on this phone and never an issue. I wish we had a os like .503 like the 9900 has, they are getting great battery life with it. Our time will come......

Via Blackberry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk®
    11-15-11 03:01 PM
    Had a minor glitch when I upgraded my OS but hasn't missed a beat otherwise
    11-15-11 03:11 PM
    No problems here

11-15-11 03:27 PM
    9900/7.0.0.503

Mine had a few niggles and sniffs in the beginning.
    But it has been a good ride all the way.

People will not post a thread when everything works fine and smooth.
    Threads pop up more often with troubles rather than to announce a phone working fine.
    I think that explains the majority of threads reporting problems here.

Now, with the 503 upgrade done and Eagles sprouting out thru the earphones,
    I am all happy and well with my BB Dakota 9900.

+1
    For sure.

11-15-11 10:10 PM
    9900/7.0.0.503

Mine had a few niggles and sniffs in the beginning.
    But it has been a good ride all the way.

People will not post a thread when everything works fine and smooth.
    Threads pop up more often with troubles rather than to announce a phone working fine.
    I think that explains the majority of threads reporting problems here.

Now, with the 503 upgrade done and Eagles sprouting out thru the earphones,
    I am all happy and well with my BB Dakota 9900.

+1
    For sure.

People do post here when all is well and good! Look back a 100 pages in this Forum and you'll see many light-hearted posts on reactions to the new Bold. Some weren't necessarily helping others by their posts and they weren't criticized either for sharing what they liked about the new experience. New Bold owners are born every day and welcoming them is part of this cool experience.
    11-16-11 05:57 AM
    +1 going hard! My 9900 never had problems since day 1. Still running on .474 though, will upgrade to .503 when I have time.
    11-16-11 06:14 AM
    Only had mine a day, but Loving it!! Seems to be going great guns

Im new to the Blackberry fold and a little weary of updating the software for the moment, Ill see how the battery fares and go from there... besides, being new its taken a few hours to work the thing out, and I think ive gotten it how I want... (So many menus & options!!) not sure I want to have to do it again, the reason I went blackberry is for a device I can forget about and not have to mess with in the knowledge its doing its job reliably... +1 so far
    11-17-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD