Successfully unlocked - Thanks to all for your help!

A couple notes that could be helpful to others in my situation:
    1) I had to use the SIM card that came with my Bold - NOT the one from my Storm that the Verizon rep transferred; this obviously answers my question of whether the unlock code is handset or SIM card specific (Handset)
    2) I had to hold the alt key down when typing mep2 to get the unlock code prompt; when I just hit alt for the 2 it did not work - weird?

Anyway, just thought I'd say thanks and share those couple of pieces of info.
    You might not remember but I did tell you this step to get to the unlock code prompt and of course then enter the code given to you.

I don't remember you saying that anyone switched your SIM card and you were not using the original. I received your PM and tried to answer you this morning but glad you got it unlocked. Thank you for letting us know.
    09-12-11 03:08 PM
    Thanks Jaguarr - it was holding down the alt key while typing the entire mep2 step that did the trick - I didn't see that suggested in any of the thread responses so thought I'd share that twist. Sorry if I overlooked it!
    09-12-11 03:18 PM
    Thanks Jaguarr - it was holding down the alt key while typing the entire mep2 step that did the trick - I didn't see that suggested in any of the thread responses so thought I'd share that twist. Sorry if I overlooked it!
    Hey trouble at all and I am happy you got it. Hit the thanks button for me idf you don't mind anddon't hesitate if you need anything else. We all learn together.

If you DL the entire PDF user manual on the 9900/9930 it will help you a great deal. Here you go. Enjoy on me.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-7.0-US.pdf
    eddy4iu likes this.
    09-12-11 03:44 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have similar problem...I've bought 9930 unlocked from Verizon in Miami FL, but since I was there as a tourist I did not turn it on until I came back in my country in Serbia, and I've put my sim card. the phone did not asked no code no nothing, it is working I can make calls I can send sms's, just that my BB service is inactive, I mean I have it active with my provider (Telenor from Norway) but it wont register on the network. I have tried to call to their tech support and they have told me that they see the phone, but it is register on another network, so they can not register it. I've managed to pick trough menu options and see some data, but I found that all BB & internet services have already been preset and programed for Verizon. So when I try to edit it and to change something it does not allow me to...I've tried to remove battery (and advice from my net.provider) and to change and reinstall software (ad advice from one of my local guy that unlocks phones) but still no thing, so I'm stuck now....please help
    09-21-11 07:29 AM
    try to delete the verizon service books. Make sure you have the correct data package that supports BIS
    09-21-11 10:43 AM
    I have tried it but no luck, I ahve a delete option, but when I press delete it just said it is deleted but it keeps it there. And when I go out, and in again into the option for service books, it is still there.
    09-22-11 03:39 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD