I am assuming that my phone is unlocked, here is a screen shot of the SIM card info.

Thanks
    manny745i likes this.
    09-08-11 03:42 PM
    Yessir... you are unlocked.

Enjoy!
    manny745i likes this.
    09-08-11 04:29 PM
    Wow thanks for the post! Check my sim card too, it says disabled....so my bold is unlocked"
    09-08-11 05:40 PM
    I am assuming that my phone is unlocked, here is a screen shot of the SIM card info.

Thanks
    The answer you were given YES it is underneath your first post is incorrect and if you use this I provided this will tell you for sure if you phone is unlocked or not.
    I know that VZW or Sprint did not ship their phone unlocked so unless you used a service and bought an unlock code like from Cellunlock and went through the steps then you are not unlocked.

Options > advanced options > SIM card.

Bring up the keyboard and type MEPD ( in landscape) or MEPPD (in portrait)

If it says Network: Active. It's locked.

If it says Network: Disabled. It's unlocked.
    Do this and you will know for sure.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-08-11 at 07:21 PM.
    09-08-11 07:08 PM
    No I got the unlock code from Verizon and unlocked the phone. As I understand it everything says disabled, its the NETWORK that has to say INACTIVE, if it says ACTIVE the phone is not unlocked!
    09-08-11 09:08 PM
    Wow thanks for the post! Check my sim card too, it says disabled....so my bold is unlocked"
    If you type mepd in sim card menu, it needs to say disabled/inactive beside network and service provider with some carriers.
    09-09-11 08:50 AM
    No I got the unlock code from Verizon and unlocked the phone. As I understand it everything says disabled, its the NETWORK that has to say INACTIVE, if it says ACTIVE the phone is not unlocked!
    I truly hate to beat a dead horse but if VZW gave you an unlock code they should have walked you thru it as well or unless you are confident you did it right...Assuming you did it right again what I wrote above to tell you how to check and what it should say is it, if not then you are NOT unlocked. Call VZW and have them walk you thru it since they provided you the code.
    09-09-11 01:56 PM
    "I truly hate to beat a dead horse but if VZW gave you an unlock code they should have walked you thru it as well or unless you are confident you did it right...Assuming you did it right again what I wrote above to tell you how to check and what it should say is it, if not then you are NOT unlocked. Call VZW and have them walk you thru it since they provided you the code."
    well i have the same display as well on my 9900 after using the unlock code i was given by t-mobile. i put in a foreign simcard to confirm, and it worked!
    09-10-11 09:43 AM
    well i have the same display as well on my 9900 after using the unlock code i was given by t-mobile. i put in a foreign simcard to confirm, and it worked!
    Well then if T-MO gave you an unlock code and it works....great. I am happy foryou but unless they changed the way things read when you go to your SIM info. it would indicate otherwise. Call T-MO and ask them based on what your SIM info says if you are truly unlocked and if they say YES, then you are good. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-10-11 at 10:23 AM.
    bonaproud likes this.
    09-10-11 10:20 AM
    When Verizon gave me the unlock code, their global support crew could not get it to work. I posted here and got instructions on how to unlock the phone!
    09-10-11 08:51 PM
    Well then if T-MO gave you an unlock code and it works....great. I am happy foryou but unless they changed the way things read when you go to your SIM info. it would indicate otherwise. Call T-MO and ask them based on what your SIM info says if you are truly unlocked and if they say YES, then you are good. Thanks for the info.
    hmm. ok, will do that, to be certain. however the directions in the email from T-MO actually specified that the unlock could only be done with a non-T-Mobile sim card. I have a foreign card that roams on AT&T, and after I followed their unlocking instructions, I could make a call with it from the BB. i guess no harm will come from calling them up to re-confirm though!
    09-11-11 03:30 PM
    You do not need a non tmobile sim .. the regular one works just fine.
    09-11-11 03:43 PM
    did you get to that screen?
    Thanks!
    09-11-11 04:35 PM
    eddy4iu - options - advanced- simcard and press menu , show key board, and type mepd
    09-11-11 04:40 PM
    when I hit "Optioins" I have to use Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>SIM Card

Once in the SIM Card screen it shows
    SIM Card: Security Enabled
    ID: ************
    Phone Numbers: Blank
    Unknown Number

I cannot "bring up" the keyboard and type per your instructions. Is my problem that no phone number is listed? I can edit and provide a phone number - do I just type in my cell number or is there another number associated with the SIM card?

I had an unlocked Storm (obtained unlock code from Verizon and unlocked it myself) before switching to the Bold 9930 with Verizon. The VZW Rep transferred the SIM card from my Storm to the Bold and said the new phone would be unlocked. Is the unlock procedure SIM card specific or phone handset specific?
    09-11-11 05:26 PM
    I'm hoping someone can help me determine if my Bold is unlocked or not - don't trust the Verizon rep's expertise.
    09-11-11 07:27 PM
    The easy way to unlock your devices is to put a non allowed sim in the phone, power the phone up first thing it will ask you is to enter the unlock code... why go all the way in the option ,advanced , sim ,etc...
    09-11-11 07:36 PM
    You need to change the phone number on the CDMA screen. dial ##000000 and change it from there.
    09-11-11 07:45 PM
    big samm.....the unlock code I have is for my previous phone - the Storm. Back to the question in my post - is the unlock code handset specific or SIM card specific?
    Thanks.
    09-11-11 08:24 PM
    blackberry-unlocking710......do I change it to my Verizon cell #? Oh and, what field am I looking for in that screen?
    09-11-11 08:26 PM
    I'm hoping someone can help me determine if my Bold is unlocked or not - don't trust the Verizon rep's expertise.
    In sim card menu hold on plus type mepd .. if it says inactive or disabled the your device is unlocked.

To change the phone ##000000 and edit in your phone #.
    09-11-11 09:11 PM
    freethis - Thanks!
    My screen shows my SIM - Disabled but the Network - Active

So, one last question from your previous response - which one needs to show inactive or disabled to confirm I'm unlocked?

Sorry for being so thick!
    09-12-11 09:30 AM
    network to show inactive or disabled to confirm that you are unlocked. A mep2 code is required to unlock your device.
    eddy4iu likes this.
    09-12-11 11:00 AM
    blackberry-unlocking710......do I change it to my Verizon cell #? Oh and, what field am I looking for in that screen?
    As freethisberry has posted, on the screen of the CDMA you should edit the old Verizon number and change it to the phone number that you want to use (your SIM card's Phone number).

About the other post - if the "Network" says Active there is a SIM lock that is active on the device and this can be removed by Blackberry unlocking code as already answered here.
    eddy4iu likes this.
    09-12-11 12:43 PM
    Successfully unlocked - Thanks to all for your help!

A couple notes that could be helpful to others in my situation:
    1) I had to use the SIM card that came with my Bold - NOT the one from my Storm that the Verizon rep transferred; this obviously answers my question of whether the unlock code is handset or SIM card specific (Handset)
    2) I had to hold the alt key down when typing mep2 to get the unlock code prompt; when I just hit alt for the 2 it did not work - weird?

Anyway, just thought I'd say thanks and share those couple of pieces of info.
    rick0415 likes this.
    09-12-11 02:35 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD