Wow. Complicated. Thanks!
    BTW, what version os does Verizon come with?
    Sorry if my long explanation seemed intimidating. It isn't

Basically you launch BlackBerry Desktop Software, create a back up of your current phone. Then when it is done, just inform your BBM members that you will be doing a device switch and will re add them, inform them to delete your current pin to minimize confusions on their end.

After you finish the security wipe from your old phone, it will be in the state where you had just bought it.

Now just connect your new phone, once it is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click on Device from the top left, then click on restore, but rather than simply clicking next, notice that the options says "All" change that to custom, and you will get the option of what components you want to restore.

Only select Messages, contacts, SMS, MMS, BlackBerry Messenger, blackBerry Messenger Group, Browser Bookmarks

I can't remember the exact option list, but you get the picture. It is vital that you do not select options, application permissions, keystore certificates, trusted keystore, as those all contain certifications and permissions relating to your old phone which have nothing to do on the current setup and thus, might cause major slow down or errors on your phone
    08-16-11 10:33 AM
    Not the first that I heard of the app world error since people have been buying the new 9900. .291 was a joke, and the battery life was bad. Switching devices, the same thing happened to me when I switched my 8330 to a 9780.

I know you may not be comfortable upgrading your OS, but I would go with Vodafone's .296
    Did you lose docs to go with this OS? Seems i did no pdf reader
    08-16-11 10:55 AM
    Guys... he's coming from OS5... Of course hes gunna be like OMG WTF!

If you are used to OS6 I don't think this phone will be that dramatic of a change. If you keep on top of OS updates I don't think you will encounter these same issues with the device features. I will personally complain about only 1 convenience key and AF but that's only I can't see QR scanning being an easy task without it... Since I have not personally played with this phone yet (SOON PLEASE OMG MUST GET!) I can't accurately speculate. My convenience keys are my contacts and my camera. I will probably adapt to using universal search for contacts and find another way to quickly add contacts...
    DO WANT THIS PHONE! GAH 620 after tax :'(
    **saves pennies**
    Actually QR scanning is quite easy.
    What RIM has done is bring up a virtual green size square on the screen when you want to san a QR code.
    What you have to do is take the phone away from the QR code you are scanning till the time the QR code comes within the green square and its done.
    They have compensated for the lack of AF
    08-16-11 11:06 AM
    PDF support is in built.
    No problems opening pdf's stored on media card.
    Also you get Docs to Go full version.
    ratchetjaw#AC and Guatiao like this.
    08-16-11 11:08 AM
    PDF support is in built.
    No problems opening pdf's stored on media card.
    Also you get Docs to Go full version.
    Thats what i thought but for some reason after changing to the vodophone os its not on my phone. Used universal search and nothing. So yours was present with the .296 vodophone?
    08-16-11 11:14 AM
    Thats what i thought but for some reason after changing to the vodophone os its not on my phone. Used universal search and nothing. So yours was present with the .296 vodophone?
    I got .261 out of the box, but I had to wipe it within 2 hrs due to App World mess up.
    I upgraded to the .296 from VodafoneDE and then tried.
    I just tried again after your post. The PDF opened in PDF to Go by default.
    Do not use Universal Search to search for PDF to Go.
    go to the Application folder and then click on Docs To Go. You will get a complete file list. Open whichever file you want to from there.
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-16-11 11:20 AM
    I got .261 out of the box, but I had to wipe it within 2 hrs due to App World mess up.
    I upgraded to the .296 from VodafoneDE and then tried.
    I just tried again after your post. The PDF opened in PDF to Go by default.
    Do not use Universal Search to search for PDF to Go.
    go to the Application folder and then click on Docs To Go. You will get a complete file list. Open whichever file you want to from there.
    oh okay, well thats the thing its not in my application folder thats why i tried the univ search. Something must have gone wrong with my download. was wondering why i had 242 mb free. Guess i will wipe with bbsak and reload it when i get home this evening. Dam new i should have brought my laptop today
    08-16-11 11:24 AM
    oh okay, well thats the thing its not in my application folder thats why i tried the univ search. Something must have gone wrong with my download. was wondering why i had 242 mb free. Guess i will wipe with bbsak and reload it when i get home this evening. Dam new i should have brought my laptop today
    Start loader.exe, connect your 9900 to the computer. Go through the installed apps list and check if you forgot to install Docs to Go.
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-16-11 11:29 AM
    Start loader.exe, connect your 9900 to the computer. Go through the installed apps list and check if you forgot to install Docs to Go.
    Okay thanks will try when I get home. I didn't use loader.exe to load it used DM. That may have been the issue. Will I need to bbsak wipe first? I always have a hard with it recognizing my device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:33 AM
    Whenever I have changed devices or wiped and clean install I just use Desktop Manager to backup all my data and not my applications using the "backup" feature. I then restore that data to the new phone using Desktop Manager using the "restore feature. No issues whatsoever. I install the newest Operating systems, install Hybrids, shrink, etc and never have an issue. To clarify I do not use the change device wizard whatsover.
    08-16-11 11:40 AM
    Okay thank you. I will try that tonight when i get home.
    08-16-11 11:46 AM

Basically you launch BlackBerry Desktop Software, create a back up of your current phone. Then when it is done, just inform your BBM members that you will be doing a device switch and will re add them, inform them to delete your current pin to minimize confusions on their end.

After you finish the security wipe from your old phone, it will be in the state where you had just bought it.

Now just connect your new phone, once it is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click on Device from the top left, then click on restore, but rather than simply clicking next, notice that the options says "All" change that to custom, and you will get the option of what components you want to restore.Only select Messages, contacts, SMS, MMS, BlackBerry Messenger, blackBerry Messenger Group, Browser Bookmarks

I can't remember the exact option list, but you get the picture. It is vital that you do not select options, application permissions, keystore certificates, trusted keystore, as those all contain certifications and permissions relating to your old phone which have nothing to do on the current setup and thus, might cause major slow down or errors on your phone
    Does this option show up when using the device switch wizard in DM, or only while doing a backup/restore?
    08-16-11 11:51 AM
    Ummmm, most people like to have a decent, auto focus camera on hand as opposed to carrying a huge and annoying DSLR around their neck.

Why carry two devices when you could just carry one? Try taking a pic of an important hand written note or a classified ad in a newspaper, or even an important business receipt or close up of a shipping receipt. You won't get a good picture without auto focus. I shouldn't need a DSLR for that. I can deposit checks into my bank account just by taking a picture of it, that feature isn't supported on devices without auto focus.
    ok, little comparison, both these images taken with the 9900. train ticket in poor light, receipt with lights on in house (no flash on either).

think we`ll have to agree they perfectly fine for text, both of those images taken less than 15cm away.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-16-11 12:28 PM
    No, uhmm in fact I have two versions of Docs2Go installed and I want one of them gone.

I have;

Documents to Go (RIM Ltd) version 3.0.0.110
    and
    Documents to Go (DataViz, Inc) version 2.0005.096
    08-16-11 12:30 PM
    ok, little comparison, both these images taken with the 9900. train ticket in poor light, receipt with lights on in house (no flash on either).

{snip}

think we`ll have to agree they perfectly fine for text, both of those images taken less than 15cm away.
    What about bar codes, the further info and BBM variety?
    08-16-11 12:33 PM
    I have already read a couple of dozen qrcodes, seems to work fine. I also read my PB's barcode when pairing with Bridge for the first time.

No worries in that regard.
    08-16-11 12:35 PM

Now just connect your new phone, once it is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click on Device from the top left, then click on restore, but rather than simply clicking next, notice that the options says "All" change that to custom, and you will get the option of what components you want to restore.

Only select Messages, contacts, SMS, MMS, BlackBerry Messenger, blackBerry Messenger Group, Browser Bookmarks

Thank you! I will try this once I receive it. Hopefully within 1 hour
    08-16-11 12:48 PM
    barcode worked perfectly fine, in fact was faster than my torch as ya dont need to mess about with focus. also when doing barcode (used the barcode scanning form inside appworld 3.0) is it seems to greyscale its view for better definition. a very clever move.

bbm variety im afraid youve lost me on, whats that? lol
    08-16-11 01:04 PM
    He is talking about different QRCodes, you know, adding a BBM contact, ones that send ya to a site, just different types of them.

You already answered em...lol
    08-16-11 01:07 PM
    No, uhmm in fact I have two versions of Docs2Go installed and I want one of them gone.

I have;

and
    Okay thank you
    08-16-11 01:15 PM
    i scanned the Playbook bar code and it worked perfectly. No complaints
    08-16-11 01:22 PM
    here is one i took. I think looks fine for any business close up
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-16-11 01:33 PM
    Does this option show up when using the device switch wizard in DM, or only while doing a backup/restore?
    No you don't get to hand pick the components you want during a device switch, this is only if you choose the back up and restore manually method.
    08-16-11 05:16 PM

I have;

and
    I am back home and went back in and open app loader and checked all the apps that were missing i mentioned. Guess when i used DM to load it originally i didnt. Its loading up now. Thanks for the help, thank you sam b also :-)
    Last edited by ratchetjaw; 08-16-11 at 05:33 PM.
    08-16-11 05:30 PM
    Dude, not one thing is you said is true, I don't have any of those issues. Get ur phone replaced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Was it really neccessary to tell the OP that NOT ONE THING he or she said was true just because yours does not do any of those things andthen advice him to get a new phone?

My new Bold 9930 Touch does not do either of those things either except 1 or 2 but that is why they come out with bug fixes as reported ands this is a brand new phone... For gosh sakes we all screamed a RIM to give us new phones and they did so give it time to get in the mainstream and have bugs reported for RIM to listen to.
    mozzamay likes this.
    08-16-11 05:51 PM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD