Is it ok that I have to charge it twice a day? Or is somthing wrong with my phone or battery?

I don't use it a lot and barely make any calls.

What I have have installed and running in the background

BerryReader - Check for new feeds every 3 hours
    BerryWeather - Autoupdate every 6 hours
    Wallpaper Changer Pro - Change wallpaper every 30 mins
    What'sApp
    Facebook - check for new feeds every 2 hours
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Filescout

I am running on OS 317 and 296 was no different.

Do you think it's the OS and RIM soon will give us some better OS to manage the battery? Or is it my apps? Or is my phone defective somehow or is it the battery?

I have like 2 days left on my return policy please advice me
    08-21-11 10:23 PM
    By the way, does BeBuzz affect the battery? Someone told me LED light barely uses any power, but I just want to make sure
    08-21-11 10:24 PM
    It's gotta be an app. Battery life can't be that bad. Have you tried deleting them, and then adding apps back in one at a time to catch the culprit? I always have BeBuzz running....and it's never affected anything greatly before.
    08-21-11 10:25 PM
    For this caliber of battery it's not surprising considering you have all that running, but twice a day, that is horrid. Replace it.
    08-21-11 10:26 PM
    Ok I am give it a last try. I will uninstall What'sApp first as I heard someone tell me long back that it is a battery sucker
    08-21-11 10:42 PM
    I wouldn't take any chances if you only have 2 days left....use that mofo and have it replaced! If it does turn out it wasn't a faulty device, don't feel guilty...after all they need a good stock of "refurbished" units as warranty replacements.
    08-21-11 10:57 PM
    I just installed BeBuzz, I hope is not that.
    The only things I run in the background are Live Messenger and GTalk.

Edit, forgot to mention that I only got my 9930 today and I have yet to tinker with it on a daily basis, I seriously hope it does better than yours. No offense.
    08-21-11 11:01 PM
    I uninstalled What'sApp but that didn't change a thing. I will take it back today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:53 PM
    By the way, does BeBuzz affect the battery? Someone told me LED light barely uses any power, but I just want to make sure
    it won't, don't worry.
    08-22-11 08:35 AM
    I had horrid batt life on .296 and very bad on .317. I went back to .261 and i have a discharge rate of 1.7% per hour. I've gotten a best of 1.3% per hour on this build.
    08-22-11 08:37 AM
    I had horrid batt life on .296 and very bad on .317. I went back to .261 and i have a discharge rate of 1.7% per hour. I've gotten a best of 1.3% per hour on this build.
    Whoa, that's awesome! I am always on 9% discharge rate

I have downgraded to 296 and I got a new battery now

Let's see how this goes!

My 6th sense tells me that we will get a new leak on Wednesday
    08-22-11 08:41 AM
    This means that a new leak could solve this battery problem.
    08-22-11 10:17 PM
    There's no difference between any of these builds, as far as battery life goes. Anyone who upgrades or downgrades scientifically will see that. That means making 100% sure that the device /software/ app config stays exactly the same through each up/downgrade. Anyone running IM's and Social media IM's in background will experience much poorer than normal battery life. The more of these one has running, the more the battery will get hammered. The battery life on the 9900 is poor to being with.

To really test battery life, you'd have to check it over a week...not one day.
    funnykindel likes this.
    08-22-11 10:36 PM
    battery seems to be horrible on this device but im chalking it up to the HSPA+ radio. unfortunately there is no option to just use 3g.
    08-22-11 10:54 PM
    what apps are you running? bcos i tried .261 and its not that different from my present .269.
    08-22-11 10:56 PM
    Turn GPS Data Services Off
    08-22-11 11:02 PM
    I find my 9300 lasted a bit longer than my 9900, but I charge my phones every night regardless.. I find when I use those messaging apps like whatsapp and liveprofile they suck my battery dry.
    08-22-11 11:12 PM
    I honestly don't see a massive difference from the Torch or 9780. Mind you I only have bebuzz and berryweather running. I did notice on every phone I had that Facebook was a pig...maybe it was just my bad luck though.
    08-22-11 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD