I wake up this morning and my 9900 is far hotter than usual and a red light comes on every 4 sec, tried battery pull and leave it to cool down for an hour but nothing.

I totally wounded right now, locked off from BBM and emails ahhhh halp!
    01-21-12 07:51 AM
    Man, that's awful. I feel your pain. Hope the damage isn't permanent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-21-12 07:54 AM
    Take it back and get it exchanged.
    01-21-12 08:00 AM
    Awful to hear that. We realise how much we rely on these little devices when its gone. I went cold turkey over xmas as well as eating err cold turkey.... I damaged my first 9900 with water !

I went a week and a half until I bought my second so know how you feel. As far as helping you, its best to wait for a cleverer person here to guide you.

Hope its fixed and back to normal soon.
    01-21-12 08:03 AM
    I wake up this morning and my 9900 is far hotter than usual and a red light comes on every 4 sec, tried battery pull and leave it to cool down for an hour but nothing.

I totally wounded right now, locked off from BBM and emails ahhhh halp!
    The same thing happened to me and when I tried to update the phone to the new leak it started working again. Maybe worth a shot.
    01-21-12 08:04 AM
    I can't get windows to recognise it, and having trouble getting jl_cmder to work on win7x64 even when using xpsp3 mode!

I can't exchange it as was bought second hand but I go have a receipt so hm not sure?

Meh so sad now, no alarm and work at 5am damn! @@!
    01-21-12 08:25 AM
    If it was originally on your carrier and you have a reciept from when it was originally bought, they may warranty it. They could probably then get RIMM to deal with the repair.
    01-21-12 09:06 AM
    If your battery was/is getting hot, it sounds like a bad battery or bad device. I've had my 9930 for over three months and while it sometimes gets warm after a long phone call, I don't think it should get hot.

If you do swap out for a replacement, it might be for the best (for you that is) as I've read about some phones getting hot, which they should not. Best of luck though. I love this phone and have not had any issues yet. I thank the mobile gods that this website exists, its very useful!
    01-21-12 12:26 PM
    take it to tmobile and tell them about the problem, they will send off for a replacement device
    01-21-12 12:37 PM
    take it to tmobile and tell them about the problem, they will send off for a replacement device
    He's with Vodafone UK, and bought it secondhand... they won't touch it
    01-21-12 12:39 PM
    Vodafone uk are complete when it comes to warranty. When my 9800 went faulty first they told me to claim of the insurance then after about 6 phone calls they took the phone then they told me they were repairing it week later said it was still being repaired then about 5 days later get a call saying they not gonna to repair and tough
    01-21-12 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD