i am on AT&T so this past Sunday i headed towards my local AT&T retailer and picked up my 9900 that i have been patiently waiting for what seems like forever. im more than satisfied with the device and my previous device was the Torch 9800 and i slowly fell out of love with the slider feature so the 9810 was not an option and i prefer the QWERTY over the virtual keys. while using the 9900 for a few days now i just LOVE how quick and responsive the device is and the QWERTY is the BEST ever. bridged to my PB the 4(faux)G is a better experience than the 9800 3G experience. Overall very satisfied BUT there is one feature i miss from my 9800, when texting or BBMing i could just tap the send icon on the bottom of the screen where on the 9900 they dont have these available on the screen. instead i have to hit the menu button and when the tray opens up than choose send. also when viewing e-mails i was able to delete from an icon on the bottom of the screen but on the 9900 i have to open up the menu tray to choose delete.

anybody know if we can have the screen icon shortcuts on the 9900 or even maybe a shortcut to sending messages and deleting e-mails without going through the menu trays?
    11-08-11 12:57 PM
    I find that I use that Del/Enter key all the time. You just hit that when you want to send and its as fast as just hitting another letter. Same goes for deleting emails or anything else. It is unbelievable how fast you can type and send with the 9900! I leave my Androido buddies in the dust.

The other thing that works is just to hit your middle/select/trackpad button twice to send in a hurry.
    Last edited by galleon; 11-08-11 at 01:16 PM.
    11-08-11 01:10 PM
    @galleon,

much appreciated and these options were probably so obvious that i never even thought about that. thanks for the reply i will definitely be using this option moving forward...
    11-08-11 01:17 PM
    To send you can hit the menu key once for displaying the menu and a second time to trigger the selected one on the menu. By default the Send option should be selected. So hit [menu] [menu] to send.
    To delete a message hit [Del] [D], [D] because the letter D is underlined.
    You wanted a keyboard phone use the keyboard shortcuts
    11-08-11 02:36 PM
    I find that I use that Del/Enter key all the time. You just hit that when you want to send and its as fast as just hitting another letter. Same goes for deleting emails or anything else. It is unbelievable how fast you can type and send with the 9900! I leave my Androido buddies in the dust.

The other thing that works is just to hit your middle/select/trackpad button twice to send in a hurry.
    I had a 9800 as well and this was one the options you had to send messages, but I guess you were used to touchscreen, cool. Glad you like the phone, enjoy it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 02:47 PM
    where can find a link or doc for all the shortcut keys?
    11-09-11 11:22 AM
    where can find a link or doc for all the shortcut keys?
    Go in Help on the BB then search for "tips and shortcuts"
    11-09-11 11:35 AM
    There is another alternative (if I've understood you correctly). You could tap and hold for the on-screen menu to come up and send from there. Definitely works in BBM and Crunch.
    11-09-11 02:05 PM
    For deleting from the Messages folder you can hold down on the touch screen for a little longer and release then a menu will pop up which has delete in it. Then you just tap it. You can also highlight several items at once then do the same thing to delete all the highlighted items from the Message folder.

Also if you are inside the email reading you can hold down on the touchscreen to make the same menu pop up and delete the current email you just read.

I just hit the RETURN key to send a BBM.
    11-09-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD