I've had the 9900 since September when I upgraded from the iPhone 4, I don't know if it's the carrier Vodafone UK but they seem to give me a lot of broken phones, I had 4 iPhone 4's in the space of a year!

1st 9900: battery lasted for 1-2 hours so they replaced the handset
    2nd 9900: the touchscreen didn't work
    3rd 9900: the volume buttons didn't work and when they did it would type "nmnmnm"
    4th 9900: the trackpad stopped working and the headphone jack
    5th 9900: another faulty battery and a loose battery door

Hopefully this one will be better and maybe survive for the remainder of my contract or at least until blackberry 10!!!
    02-21-12 05:03 AM
    It is hard to believe that you could have faith in the 6th!

I could not!
    02-21-12 05:11 AM
    damn that really sucks. I would Suggest you switch carriers as soon as your contract ends. Any idea where the devices were made??
    02-21-12 05:13 AM
    Goodluck with your 6th device!
    02-21-12 05:36 AM
    I also posted yestarday I was on my 6th too but got trolled. All 5 of mine bricked at night during charging. I bought an iphoNe yestarday. Great support coMmunity here!
    02-21-12 05:51 AM
    I bet you they were made in Mexico. That's why they were crap.

Get a Hungary made 9900 and all your troubles will come to an end.
    That is simply not true. Two of our 9900 devices came from Hungary and they are DEAD!
    02-21-12 05:58 AM
    I also posted yestarday I was on my 6th too but got trolled. All 5 of mine bricked at night during charging. I bought an iphoNe yestarday. Great support coMmunity here!
    Don't slam the door on your way out...
    02-21-12 06:56 AM
    I had to exchange my phone several times during the first week Bold 9900 was released in Canada. If I wasn't a Blackberry fan, I wouldn't be here today. I would be in a iPhone or Android forum. I would not quickly blame this on carrier considering it happen to me on Telus Canada as well. This is RIM's problem and yes, all the devices they game me was either Made in Mexico 4 or 5.
    02-21-12 07:03 AM
    Maybe Blackberry is NOT 4 u and u should move on to Android or Windows Phone 7?
    02-21-12 07:04 AM
    This might be a message for you...
    I am still on my first 9900
    02-21-12 07:47 AM
    Sell it and move on! I did and no more spinning clocks and reboots and lock outs!!!
    02-21-12 08:28 AM
    There should be a lemon law like cars have for electronics. Its not right owners have to go thru this many exchanges. Just the cost of gas for your car trips to the carrier is expensive ! We need more consumer protection.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 09:37 AM
    I think the Abusers/masters on this forum are paid by RiM to keep consumer complaints from escalating. Everytime they just reply "its my first device ure. A bad user" or "this brand isn't for you" instead of accepting RiM ed up and providing those stricken customers with some advice. Instead they mock any user who says their device bricked.

If you plug a phone in to charge and instead it bricks. That's a major design flaw. Instead of focusing on their damn bbm connected appsand chasing the damn devs around with playbooks they need to recall these phones and do the right thing.

Stop downplaying the situation moderators shame on you and shame on RiM.
    02-21-12 10:51 AM
    I have been a Blackberry fan for the past 5-6 years going back to the Pearl 8130. I purchased a new Bold 9930 last week. I am now on my second device. The first phone, the back key and the trackpad had an annoying squeek. The replacement phone has a defective trackpad that's intermitently jumps around. The device was made in Mexico 5. I was really looking forward to getting the 9930, but after having these problems I'm rethinking my decision. It seems like RIM's quality on their devices is not up to par. I actually think the build quality on my 9650 is better. Very disappointing!
    02-21-12 11:40 AM
    I think the Abusers/masters on this forum are paid by RiM to keep consumer complaints from escalating. Everytime they just reply "its my first device ure. A bad user" or "this brand isn't for you" instead of accepting RiM ed up and providing those stricken customers with some advice. Instead they mock any user who says their device bricked.

If you plug a phone in to charge and instead it bricks. That's a major design flaw. Instead of focusing on their damn bbm connected appsand chasing the damn devs around with playbooks they need to recall these phones and do the right thing.

Why are you still here commenting on a device you no longer use? You have nothing better to do than stir the pot now? Be happy with your iPHONE and contribute to the Apple boards! Can't wait until your iPHONE goes down...then we'll see what you have to say about that!
    02-21-12 11:58 AM
    Sinuous

The vast majority of the Crackberry membership are very helpful be they "user", "abuser", addict" and so on.

If someone either owns or wants to own a Blackberry they will be well received and fairly treated.

I think the key here is that you don't seem to own or even wish to own a Blackb erry.

I've annoyed people on here myself but have wound my neck in and apologised as I was wrong and like spending time here as well as hopefully being helpful occasionally.
    BigBadWulf and nuangel2 like this.
    02-21-12 01:22 PM

No one is downplaying the issue. It's been discussed very openly on the forum. I don't know what you you want us or RIM to be ashamed of.

Alex, I feel for you. Best of luck, I hope this next one is quality. Nice to see someone apply balance, that it's not just RIM with issues from time to time. Simply amazing you've had such a string of bad luck. I have a 9930 shipping out today. It's replacing 3 9650s in a row with signal problems. The last thing I need are new ones, but the "brick" threads are dwindling to nothing, so I have faith.
    02-21-12 03:00 PM
    I'm on my 2nd one, getting a 3rd in April. Apparently I'm pretty low on the list because my device functions, but there's a ton of dust under the screen and the LED indicator is not working
    02-21-12 07:40 PM
    Why are you still here commenting on a device you no longer use? You have nothing better to do than stir the pot now? Be happy with your iPHONE and contribute to the Apple boards! Can't wait until your iPHONE goes down...then we'll see what you have to say about that!

He prolly has sinus problems sorry, I couldn't help it

ok back to topic ..........
    02-21-12 08:24 PM
    phones will have their sh*tty moments, just like car manufacturers.... some people will own phones that NEVER give them any trouble, and some folks will have no luck in the world....but I think I most (not all) will be satisfied with the BB's they have bought/purchased/acquired right about now

I've owned about 12 BB's in my lifetime so far and none have given me any trouble.
    nuangel2 likes this.
    02-21-12 08:28 PM
    I bet you they were made in Mexico. That's why they were crap.

Get a Hungary made 9900 and all your troubles will come to an end.
    Mine and another ton made in Mexico and they're fine
    02-21-12 08:31 PM
    Sorry some are having problems but mine is a "Mexico 5" and it's perfect. In fact, we've owned 7 bbs over the years, they've all been Mexico 4 or 5 builds, and they've all been perfect. Go figure.
    02-21-12 10:27 PM
    There have been reports that if you wipe your device alot and install Os's weekly that it can mess up the phones memory somehow. But its all heresay but it makes sense
    02-21-12 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD