What if I sat here and defied your claim of never 'having' to pull your battery and claim that you are unaware that you needed a battery pull and your claim of never having to pull the battery is now total BS? I wonder how you'd react? Because I don't know anybody who has a fully functioning device with no app bugs or lag who doesn't perform battery pulls regularly. My sister hasn't 'had' to do a battery pull on her 9650 in months...and her bb runs like sh*t until I get there and reboot it.
    Soooo, I guess you're 1 in a million, congratulations on that!
    First and foremost - with all due respect - I could give a crap whether you believe me or whether you challenge my claims. Dont believe me? Thats fine - I promise you I wont lose a single nano-second of sleep over it.

I am not some technological neophyte that doesnt understand how system resources work in a phone. My phone runs great - yours doesnt? Not sure what to tell you. I have had my otterbox on since the second week Ive owned my phone and have only had to take it off to clean it. Other than that the only reboots I do are when I install/uninstall app's. I really dont think my example is so rare - I find the vocal minority is just that.
    10-23-11 05:44 PM
    General thoughts:

between these os 7 phones and the playbook, i feel that rim will be out by q4 2012

Out of this whole rant this is the most ridiculous statement you made. It sounds like you got your hands onto a phone that has a lot more apps on it and is more of a toy than an actual "get sh!t done" device.

There is nothing wrong with this, just don't come onto Crackberry and rant about how bad the new Bold is because you played with a toy with 1 billion apps which 95% of them are useless.

I have used them all, iphone, Android and Blackberry and all of them do things the other will not. What it always boils down to for me is getting my emails with absolutely no down time, best keyboard on the market, texting, a decent news app, facebook and the occasional game or two while in waiting rooms.

If you are looking for a ton of apps then no the Blackberry is not for you, but if you want a phone that gets it done and gets it done fast then stick with your Blackberry.

As far as your above referenced statement...will not happen. I will be dead before RIM is.
    10-24-11 12:06 AM
    Out of this whole rant this is the most ridiculous statement you made. It sounds like you got your hands onto a phone that has a lot more apps on it and is more of a toy than an actual "get sh!t done" device.

There is nothing wrong with this, just don't come onto Crackberry and rant about how bad the new Bold is because you played with a toy with 1 billion apps which 95% of them are useless.

I have used them all, iphone, Android and Blackberry and all of them do things the other will not. What it always boils down to for me is getting my emails with absolutely no down time, best keyboard on the market, texting, a decent news app, facebook and the occasional game or two while in waiting rooms.

If you are looking for a ton of apps then no the Blackberry is not for you, but if you want a phone that gets it done and gets it done fast then stick with your Blackberry.

As far as your above referenced statement...will not happen. I will be dead before RIM is.
    Agree with almost all of this post, except for the unfortunate statement of getting mail with no down time. Given last week's outage, RIM has a black eye on that. It was an inconvenience for me, but for some folks it was the only possible way to communicate at all on this planet. CNN actually reported it was problematic for the entire galaxy!

http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/10/blackberry_outa.html

Aside from this, I agree that anyone coming to BB for apps is ill informed. Apps are not BB's strong suit. And getting things just plain done.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-24-11 at 03:18 AM.
    10-24-11 03:14 AM
    I have to say this. I am still shocked by people who insist that a blackberry has to be something other than what it is intended to be in order for it to be worthy. Lets go through this again. Blackberrys are NOT application machines or multi media devices. They ARE excellent business phones that manage email, phone calls and multi tasking while providing the best informational and infrastructural security in the business. That said, the new OS 7 phones, specifically the BOLD do provide, perhaps for the first time in a while, a very competitive build in terms of design (it is a very nice looking phone) and in terms of its ability to compete (notice I said, compete, not beat) on things like web browsing speed and media capability.

I have found that the battery life on mine has improved over time, especially now that I pay attention to it. I am also very happy with the apps I have found; I have all the ones I need and a few extras for fun.

Overall, this phone is by far the best blackberry I have owned. Great screen resolution and the touch screen is a great addition. Fantastic keyboard and great functionality - in fact, it does the things it is supposed to do better than any phone on the market.

Blackberry will never be Apple or Google and people need to stop expecting them to be.
    10-24-11 06:55 AM
    Agree with almost all of this post, except for the unfortunate statement of getting mail with no down time. Given last week's outage, RIM has a black eye on that. It was an inconvenience for me, but for some folks it was the only possible way to communicate at all on this planet. CNN actually reported it was problematic for the entire galaxy!

BlackBerry outage has now spread to other planets! : Tech Digest

Aside from this, I agree that anyone coming to BB for apps is ill informed. Apps are not BB's strong suit. And getting things just plain done.
    I agree that the outage was a pain in the ****. It didn't last nearly as long for me as it seemed to for everyone else and I was fortunate enough to be able to work from my computer both at work and at home. I have owned a Blackberry for almost 5 years now and this last outage was the worst I have ever seen. Usually its an hour or so and no big deal. If RIM were to suffer many more outages like this last one then I would worry, but if I have to wait another 5 years before it happens again I'm okay with that.
    10-24-11 09:21 AM
    I've used my 9930 on a wireless router for a couple of months now. The 9930 works flawlessly with my router where ever it is. I've never had any of the issues you mentioned before.

Did you ever consider your Chevy's bluetooth system has a problem and not the Blackberry? How about your router?

I post review here because i have been involved with RIM and used many of their devices.

RCCollins is spot on. I still have the 9930 and it is a great basic phone. I am not bashing RIM I am just pointing out the obvious frustrations of consumers and why RIM stock and everyone this side of crackberry fanatics know they do not have much time left to get their ac together.

My blue tooth in a new chevy cruz freezes up after the first call every time. My wifi signal has one bar and drops even when i am not far from router...

THESE ARE FACTS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW so they dont waste 200 dollars on a device that doesnt work right, and WONT HAVE ANY APPS developed for it after qnx arrives...

GET IT now or do i need to speak to you flame throwers like a kindergartner some more?????
    10-24-11 10:39 AM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD