I'm sorry but I can't even begin to agree with the OP's assessment of the 9900/9930.

I've had nothing but success with it. Bridges well with my PB. App world hasn't hiccup'd at all, not frozen, nothing of the sort.

Battery pull? Haven't had to do that yet..

Happy to have a fast processor and OS 7 is fluid for me.

Owning a phone is like owning a car. Some people get great running models, some get the model that has idiosyncrasies. Especially on a mass production scale..
    10-23-11 06:45 AM
    So funny to see all the dogs get the hair up on their back if some one points out something they dont like about their little phone...

there is no reason to ask for help on here about my issues when tier 2 support at RIM has a hard time fixing my phone lock up/app world issues...

Thank you to the non juveniles on here who have responded with true and honesty about the RIM issues that even ccrackberry Kevin is sad about...

It pains me to see Mike L on stage, but i do hope RIM actually does save itself actually before it is to late. I will go back to my battery pulls in silence and spend another 2 days on the phone since my phone will not recognize my apps or app world after my vzw os update...

YAY
    10-23-11 07:15 AM
    the Bad....

1. app world is a joke...os 7 is a joke and rim has sold us a bunch of goods to hold it over till qnx phones. waste of money for consumers and developers at this point to work or buy os 7 anything.
    I guarantee I am just as fast (if not faster) than any other user on any other platform. Besides - I typically have my BB's for 2 years before upgrading. I cannot see anything coming out in the next 2 years that will be any better than this in a hard qwerty form factor.

3.nothing new about this over a 9780 as far as functionality other than the screen.
    It doesnt have a faster processor? More RAM? A better form factor? The touch screen? Thats like saying there's nothing new here in this mustang except for the engine, suspension and oh by the way we completely re-designed the chasis.

4.battery pulls still needed often if you actually try to ue many multi tasks or apps.
    I have not had to do a single battery pull since I got the thing and I am regularly using evernote, bbm, email, streaming Pandora and numerous other tasks.

Turn that frown upside down...
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-23-11 07:49 AM
    So funny to see all the dogs get the hair up on their back if some one points out something they dont like about their little phone...
    Haven't you got your hair up on your back because people aren't agreeing with your opinion?

there is no reason to ask for help on here about my issues when tier 2 support at RIM has a hard time fixing my phone lock up/app world issues...
    You are having trouble with the manner in which you are using your device. Lak611 offered an explanation as to why this may be happening. I'm using a Verizon 9930 device on Verizon and I'm experiencing no trouble with App World at all.

Thank you to the non juveniles on here who have responded with true and honesty about the RIM issues that even ccrackberry Kevin is sad about...
    While Kevin has expressed some dissatisfaction with some aspects of the device, he did not trash it as you did. No device is perfect. As to Kevin's opinion of the device, it may or may not reflect mine. I use his words as initial guidance and then see for myself. If the device is as bad as you state yours is, I would either return it, sell it, or put it in a drawer in my kitchen. And then I go get something I like. Life is short, much too short, to be bitter about an inanimate object.

It pains me to see Mike L on stage,
    On this, we agree

but i do hope RIM actually does save itself actually before it is to late. I will go back to my battery pulls in silence and spend another 2 days on the phone since my phone will not recognize my apps or app world after my vzw os update...

YAY
    As I mentioned, return the phone, sell it, or put it in a drawer and find something you like better.
    Spawn12 and grover5 like this.
    10-23-11 07:57 AM
    They sold 19 million phones last year and probably 21 million this year, they are not going anywhere anytime soon. Especially not as early as 2012. Lol

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-23-11 08:33 AM
    very disappointing quarter between the typical BB disappointment in the 9900 and apple's lack of a significant upgrade. Can at least be excited for the Galaxy Nexus and ice cream sandwich in 2 weeks
    At this point, its my opinion that if Motorola came out with the identical form factor of a BOLD 99xx, that would be a major dent in blackberry users. Me being one of them. *
    10-23-11 08:59 AM
    I have not had to do a single battery pull since I got the thing and I am regularly using evernote, bbm, email, streaming Pandora and numerous other tasks.
    What if I sat here and defied your claim of never 'having' to pull your battery and claim that you are unaware that you needed a battery pull and your claim of never having to pull the battery is now total BS? I wonder how you'd react? Because I don't know anybody who has a fully functioning device with no app bugs or lag who doesn't perform battery pulls regularly. My sister hasn't 'had' to do a battery pull on her 9650 in months...and her bb runs like sh*t until I get there and reboot it.
    Soooo, I guess you're 1 in a million, congratulations on that!
    I love my 9930, but I'm easily amused and satisfied. As I said before, the day an android device with bb keyboard and size specs is born, it will be the death of bb for me. You see, I only have loyalty when its earned, unlike most people I see who give loyalty based on past performance. Blackberrys suck right now and everyone here knows it. I won't come on here making threads about it like I see lately, but I'm certainly not going to ignore the fact or try and convert people who come on here and create threads bashing RIM
    10-23-11 09:20 AM
    You guys whining that the 9900 is better or equal to other offerings out there are completely delusional. It is at best a top of the line ENTRY level smartphone. Good keyboard and reliable email, and that's it. It pails in comparison to the other high end phones on the market. The fact that it's priced the same as high end Android phones and the iPhone is a complete joke and shows that RIM is just as deluisional.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    10-23-11 09:21 AM
    Ironic isn't it.. That people who've paid for a device and feel a need to share their experiences (good/bad) and have a right to do so are told they can't because it's "bashing" by a verbally abusive, IQ-challenged(I'm almost certain about this), patience-depleted kid like yourself. Keep that tongue of yours in check, it won't get you far in life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    PMSL oh dear looks like my post really got your back up...chill buddy and dont be so damn condescending...ive probably got further in life than you as i run my own software consultancy company ...i mean i do alot of travelling around the world and i always travel first class....so your little pop at me being IQ challenged?? well doesnt compute, i maybe verbally abusive but only if the need arises otherwise im pretty chilled out...everyone is entitled to their opinion but i dont need to agree with it...funny how ive received more likes for my original post than you have for yours

But seriously chill out and have some respect for your elders...didnt your momma teach you any manners??
    Last edited by Spawn12; 10-23-11 at 11:09 AM.
    10-23-11 09:59 AM
    Lol, locked thread very soon.
    10-23-11 10:19 AM
    What if I sat here and defied your claim of never 'having' to pull your battery and claim that you are unaware that you needed a battery pull and your claim of never having to pull the battery is now total BS? I wonder how you'd react? Because I don't know anybody who has a fully functioning device with no app bugs or lag who doesn't perform battery pulls regularly. My sister hasn't 'had' to do a battery pull on her 9650 in months...and her bb runs like sh*t until I get there and reboot it.
    I love my 9930, but I'm easily amused and satisfied. As I said before, the day an android device with bb keyboard and size specs is born, it will be the death of bb for me. You see, I only have loyalty when its earned, unlike most people I see who give loyalty based on past performance. Blackberrys suck right now and everyone here knows it. I won't come on here making threads about it like I see lately, but I'm certainly not going to ignore the fact or try and convert people who come on here and create threads bashing RIM
    I hope you're not under the impression that android phones do not require battery pulls. They do.
    10-23-11 10:23 AM
    Yes. A battery pull got it going again.

A battery pull? Rim still does this?
    10-23-11 10:48 AM
    I hope you're not under the impression that android phones do not require battery pulls. They do.
    Odd , as the only time I have pulled the battery , was for removing the sim card (except for my SGSII) . I don't think Androids "require" battery pulls unless something has seriously gone wrong. I leave everything running without task killers and never have issues.

I bought a 9900 last month tried it out for a week, didn't like it as much as Android so I gave it to one of my employees. That doesn't mean its a bad device, just means it wasn't for me. Its all personal preference and choice.I didn't like it,my employee loves it.

Spawn12 likes this.
    10-23-11 10:52 AM
    Odd , as the only time I have pulled the battery , was for removing the sim card (except for my SGSII) . I don't think Androids "require" battery pulls unless something has seriously gone wrong. I leave everything running without task killers and never have issues.

I bought a 9900 last month tried it out for a week, didn't like it as much as Android so I gave it to one of my employees. That doesn't mean its a bad device, just means it wasn't for me. Its all personal preference and choice.I didn't like it,my employee loves it.

I agree it is all personal choice. I have tried them all and like some more than others. I am simply pointing out that reboots or battery pulls are par the course on most all devices. My galaxy s, mytouch 4G and G2 have all required battery pulls from time to time. Every computer I have ever owned has required reboots when it gets slow or stuck. If yours haven't then congratulations. You are blessed.
    10-23-11 11:05 AM

This is the crux of the matter...if you dont like the device then fair enough, move on but to come on here and antagonise people with trolling posts doesnt help...its quite pathetic, no one really gives a flying damn to be honest OP and i say that with the utmost sincerity.

We get it you dont like it, now move along and choose a device that will make you happy...you know what RIM are all about, they arent going to compete with Google or Apple...they cant and wont and i, for one am pretty happy with that because out of all the devices i own...i own the ip4 and a Galaxy 2, i really prefer my 9900 because it just works for me....i dont need or want fancy widgets or fart apps on my 9900...thats what i have my ip4 for
    10-23-11 11:13 AM
    Ok guys I guess I can throw my hat in here LOL!....Any phone and it doesn't matter which one or which platform will have it perks and its downsides...none are perfect at least none that I have ever used or had the chance to play with. It is all completely about the user experience that said user expects to get. For myself personally I do not need a whole lot of games and silly apps. I use my BB 9930 for work mainly at our dairy farm and it has most of what I need included already on the phone. I have some sports apps to keep up with scores and a few games loaded on it. Everything I could possibly want on my phone is there...so I am not dissatisfied at all. Now for someone who may be a stay at home mom...or has more disposable time on their hands then they may like a phone with lots of cool games and apps on it...maybe even to say some that are pointless...pull my finger apps ....Then a BlackBerry probably isn't for you. I know within our farm we have 3 on staff and many outside consultants that use BB. We have our own group within BBM which is great because we can all communicate with each other at once. Some will say that I am a fanboy...and thats ok because for the past 5 years at least I have had a BB....but don't discredit my opinion because of that. The past month and a half I have been playing with one of the Windows Phones...and I must say I have been very impressed. With the Mango upgrade it becomes sort of a hybrid of your iOS/Android and BB....It has the office capabilities with Microsoft Office...plenty of cloud space...integrated calendar....thats the BB part...then has the Xbox marketplace with games such as Angry Birds...and all my sports apps that I could want. The one downside that I see to it is that I have never personally been a fan of full touch devices....especially on a dairy farm its hard to keep that darn screen clean. If a time would come where I had no BB option for a future phone...I would choose a windows phone though hands down over iOS or Android phone. It suits what I personally need and then some!
    10-23-11 11:16 AM
    In the OP's case, it's bashing - assuming that all or most 99xx devices run just like his is just ignorant and to some, insulting. Had he posted that his wasn't working and wanted to know how to get enjoyment out of it, that would be quite different.
    And look at how some of the people here responded. "My device never needs a battery pull" or "I've never had this or that problem". Face it, everyone here, good or bad experiences, writes it like it is -- of course they know it doesn't apply to all. Just them. Does everyone have to preface their posts with "for me" or "in my case"? Of course its for them, its their device!
    10-23-11 11:36 AM
    I know I didn't say that. Dunno how you got that from my post.
    I bought the thunderbolt and returned it before the remorse period ended. I just wish they made one with the exact shape, size and keyboard as the 9000/99xx. I'm sure if I say it enough, motorola will build one lol. Hey, RIM built this phone after months and years of all of us (myself included) crying here. Coincidence?????
    10-23-11 11:43 AM
    I know I didn't say that. Dunno how you got that from my post.
    I bought the thunderbolt and returned it before the remorse period ended. I just wish they made one with the exact shape, size and keyboard as the 9000/99xx. I'm sure if I say it enough, motorola will build one lol. Hey, RIM built this phone after months and years of all of us (myself included) crying here. Coincidence?????
    Fair enough...good luck with your quest. I hope moto makes the phone you're looking for.

Last edited by D_March; 10-23-11 at 04:10 PM.
    10-23-11 01:24 PM
    This is the crux of the matter...if you dont like the device then fair enough, move on but to come on here and antagonise people with trolling posts doesnt help...its quite pathetic, no one really gives a flying damn to be honest OP and i say that with the utmost sincerity.

We get it you dont like it, now move along and choose a device that will make you happy...you know what RIM are all about, they arent going to compete with Google or Apple...they cant and wont and i, for one am pretty happy with that because out of all the devices i own...i own the ip4 and a Galaxy 2, i really prefer my 9900 because it just works for me....i dont need or want fancy widgets or fart apps on my 9900...thats what i have my ip4 for
    I think sometimes most people (not all) want to believe that whatever device they own is the best and tend to exaggerate the issues of other platforms.
    The 9900 is a beautiful phone,but I don't feel the need to bash it just because I didn't like it, I don't think its fair. How many times have I read about Androids and Iphones just being toys which in my opinion is totally false. I don't have a single game/fart app installed on mine. It is my work phone and have it set up accordingly. I think people need to understand we all have different wants/needs in a device and if the device you own works for you, then there is no better, regardless of platform. They ALL have their issues.

Spawn12 likes this.
    10-23-11 02:01 PM
    I think sometimes most people (not all) want to believe that whatever device they own is the best and tend to exaggerate the issues of other platforms.
    The 9900 is a beautiful phone,but I don't feel the need to bash it just because I didn't like it, I don't think its fair. How many times have I read about Androids and Iphones just being toys which in my opinion is totally false. I don't have a single game/fart app installed on mine. It is my work phone and have it set up accordingly. I think people need to understand we all have different wants/needs in a device and if the device you own works for you, then there is no better, regardless of platform. They ALL have their issues.

I also don't think iPhone is a toy, I think its a great phone. I recently switched from blackberry to apple because I wanted to try something new. It has been almost a week and even though its a great phone, I will be switching back to my bold next week. Blackberry just works for me and all my friends think I'm crazy but im fine with that.
    10-23-11 02:26 PM
    I couldn't agree more that no battery pulls ever sounds too good to be true and I might agree with your conclusion but as a 6 year bb user (4 years with 7105, 2 with 9700) even though that experience has not been trouble free--a 9930 which just bricked putting an exclamation point on that-- at the same time I have a wife and daughter at home who are always asking me for help with their weeks old Android devices. If it can be legitimately argued that bb's suck then the same may be true of all the others. The grass is always greener on the other side.

The daughter's incidentally, is a Samsung Replenish which has very similar form factor to my old 9700 so you may want to give that a look.
    10-23-11 03:14 PM
    It is funny how the discussion has gone off topic. The OP mainly suggested that he/she is not suited to the device.

Putting up with it for a month? Come on OP, you can't be that slow in realizing that the device is not for you. And with your ability to swap it within the first week, you should have done that in the first few days.

No one is twisting your arm to buy this or else.

And for RIM will be out by Q4 2012? Wake up! Consumer base has increased despite the imperfections.

I have access to android and WP7 devices, and yes, they are toys in my book. I play with them on weekends, and use my berry as my daily device.

This is the age of many choices, make one wisely.
    10-23-11 03:45 PM
    I personally think it's the best Blackberry yet, the screen is great, the speed of the phone is fantastic compared to my Torch, it pairs up with my Playbook very nicely.

Couldn't ask for anything more.
    10-23-11 04:37 PM
    And look at how some of the people here responded. "My device never needs a battery pull" or "I've never had this or that problem". Face it, everyone here, good or bad experiences, writes it like it is -- of course they know it doesn't apply to all. Just them. Does everyone have to preface their posts with "for me" or "in my case"? Of course its for them, its their device!
    Some people don't realize this. Look at how many people in this thread alone that don't believe that the 99xx runs beautifully even though it's been said repeatedly. Users crying foul, that because their device has X issue then the poster HAS to be wrong. Anybody that responds to this post trying say that it (the model) really doesn't and trying to prove me and others wrong instead of saying "mine doesn't work like that" or "I tried one and wasn't pleased" is doing what I'm talking about - bashing.

MINE works. It does everything I command, quickly and with no fuss. The only battery pulls I've done were after installing apps, out of habit. A far cry from 3 years ago when I was doing them 3+ times a day with a truly slow device. Do you see the difference? One user, one device out of hundreds. There's a difference between a bad device and a bad user, compounded by a bad-fitting device. If people can figure out what works for them and what doesn't, we'd have far less issues around here.
    10-23-11 05:18 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD