Yes, from everything we've been told, current apps will be able to be converted to BBX.
    10-21-11 12:52 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

My just happens to be 180 degrees from the OP's.

I love my 9930. It is a great piece of hardware. OS7 may not be the shiniest OS out there, but my phone works great.

On apps, I will acknowledge that the new version of AppWorld is slow and buggy, but in terms of actual apps available, I have been able to get everything I want or need. I don't miss the thousands of fart apps, etc. infesting AppStore or AndroidMarket. I've got Nav, I've got Evernote, I've got DropBox, I've got Yelp and Poynt, I've got e-book readers (although Kindle isn't working on OS7 yet ), music players, etc.

I just plain don't get the whining over apps. Maybe there are a couple here and there that I'd like to see come to OS7 (LinkedIn, I'm talking to you!), but for the most part, what else do you need? Seriously!

As a phone, the 9930 kills my wife's iPhone 4S. Scheduling appointments, etc. is easier. Contact handling is better. Messaging is equal or better. Battery life is better.

In short, I love my 9930 and wouldn't trade it for the 4S, as long as I have to depend on it as a business tool. The 4S is a great consumer device and a fun toy. It's UI is very nice. But none of that makes is an equal to the 9930 as business device.

That's my $.02.
    Alberta Blue and Foppa_21 like this.
    10-21-11 01:06 PM
    My blue tooth in a new chevy cruz freezes up after the first call every time.
    I'm thinking the Bluetooth issues you are experiencing have less to do with the BlackBerry and more to do with the fact that you drive a Chevy Cruze (not Cruz).

My wifi signal has one bar and drops even when i am not far from router...
    You need to relocate or replace your router if this is the case.
    10-21-11 01:14 PM
    General thoughts:
    Good phone for a basic , new smartphone user. speed dials from keys, text email and bbm fairly easy to use for newbies.
    Not a phone for apps as app world is horrific, apps are far and few between that actually work well w out hiccups.

I have spent 3 days on phone w rim and tier 2 support. app world wont recognze my apps after log in...they had to log in to my laptop to see if they could fix it. get it fixed then load os from vzw today and app world all locked up again.

the good.....

1. keyboard, sweet and smooth
    2. screen- very responsive and clear
    3. customization - good all around w calls, texts and emails fast and easy

the Bad....

1. app world is a joke...os 7 is a joke and rim has sold us a bunch of goods to hold it over till qnx phones. waste of money for consumers and developers at this point to work or buy os 7 anything.

2. too expensive considering other phones for same money that u can actually use as a semi replacement for your laptop while in the field.

3.nothing new about this over a 9780 as far as functionality other than the screen.

4.battery pulls still needed often if you actually try to ue many multi tasks or apps.

between these os 7 phones and the playbook, i feel that rim will be out by q4 2012

they should have priced all these os7 phone from 50 to 99 and prayed people hung in there until qnx phones...but they aint.

rim needs to be the cheap alternative to droid or ios, they cannot compete with them, clearly at this point.

my wife and i have spent thousands on bb's over last 5 years so dont hate on me, we have owned over a dozen phones and models as we are addicts but all done w rim s lack of progression and functionality.

I have to disagree with a lot of what you have written here. First of all, I could care less about apps. I have BeBuzz, Meterberry, Facebook, BBNews, and The Score installed. All work great with OS 7, and those are really the only apps I need aside from what comes packaged in OS 7. I use my phone to message (Email, text, BBM), make calls, and surf the internet periodically - I don't have time for a lot of other stuff. I use my Berry to help me cope with my busy life. I don't have time to sit and fool around with it.

I agree with all of your Pros - the screen, keyboard, etc. To this I would add HSPA+, build quality and battery life.

In terms of what you have listed as negatives - I disagree with most of them. Appworld works for me the same as it always has - no issues. Granted, I'm not much into apps but Appworld itself works fine.

I have never had to do a battery pull. Not even once. I do a soft reset every couple of weeks if I notice the phone start to chug a little.

Price of the phone? First of all that is set by the carriers as other have mentioned. I got mine for $149 on a new contract. For a high-end phone I think that is reasonable.

Nothing different than the 9780 you say? What about 5 Ghz Wifi, NFC, HSPA+, touchscreen, managing panels (thank gawd!), improved camera (yes it takes great pictures), much improved keyboard, much improved processing power and memory which makes the overall UI much more fluid and responsive, awesome build quality.

Are there things that could be improved? Sure ... FFC and video-BBM would be nice, WIFI hotspot would be good (rumoured to be coming), an App to let me use my NFC for something, some more cloud services ...

I love my 9900. I think its a great device. I think it is competitive with offerings from the other guys ... I would like to se RIM step it up a notch with BBX but for now, I am completely satisfied with the 9900.
    scgorgyan likes this.
    10-21-11 01:19 PM
    As a phone, the 9930 kills my wife's iPhone 4S. Scheduling appointments, etc. is easier. Contact handling is better. Messaging is equal or better. Battery life is better.

In short, I love my 9930 and wouldn't trade it for the 4S, as long as I have to depend on it as a business tool. The 4S is a great consumer device and a fun toy. It's UI is very nice. But none of that makes is an equal to the 9930 as business device.

That's my $.02.
    My business device is a BES 9780. It is a good device and BES works well. My personal device was a BIS 9700. I now have a iPhone 4s. Contact handling is much better, Calendar syncing is much better. I can now sync Tasks/Reminders OTA. Email handling is better.

The keyboard on the 9900 is awesome and the hardware has some other very nice features. However, unless you are willing to pay for BES, the PIM and email management on iOS are much better. BIS basically sucks and I am happy to be rid of it. The keyboard and associated short cuts I do miss though.
    10-21-11 01:39 PM
    anyone else have their app world go blank after os update on verizon?
    10-21-11 07:43 PM
    Yes. A battery pull got it going again.
    10-21-11 07:46 PM
    Yeah that $0.01 9810 and $100 9930 on amazon really break the bank price wise...

Also I'm not really sure how a higher res screen with more real estate and a usable browser for medium to heavy sites isn't considered a new feature over the 9780, but ok (not even delving into anything else)...
    10-21-11 08:05 PM
    i think the 9900/9930 is a great phone. its selling really well where i live, and people are taking in their 9780's and curve 3g's, and trading them in for the 9900. they love the keyboard and the functionality of the touchscreen. ive already managed to convert four or five iphone 4 users to this phone, when they were considering the 4s. i have had zero issues with this phone, and i have no plans on jumping onto the iphone, android, or windows phone ship soon
    10-22-11 05:34 PM
    General thoughts:
    Good phone for a basic , new smartphone user. speed dials from keys, text email and bbm fairly easy to use for newbies.
    Not a phone for apps as app world is horrific, apps are far and few between that actually work well w out hiccups.

I have spent 3 days on phone w rim and tier 2 support. app world wont recognze my apps after log in...they had to log in to my laptop to see if they could fix it. get it fixed then load os from vzw today and app world all locked up again.

the good.....

1. keyboard, sweet and smooth
    2. screen- very responsive and clear
    3. customization - good all around w calls, texts and emails fast and easy

the Bad....

1. app world is a joke...os 7 is a joke and rim has sold us a bunch of goods to hold it over till qnx phones. waste of money for consumers and developers at this point to work or buy os 7 anything.

2. too expensive considering other phones for same money that u can actually use as a semi replacement for your laptop while in the field.

3.nothing new about this over a 9780 as far as functionality other than the screen.

4.battery pulls still needed often if you actually try to ue many multi tasks or apps.

between these os 7 phones and the playbook, i feel that rim will be out by q4 2012

they should have priced all these os7 phone from 50 to 99 and prayed people hung in there until qnx phones...but they aint.

rim needs to be the cheap alternative to droid or ios, they cannot compete with them, clearly at this point.

my wife and i have spent thousands on bb's over last 5 years so dont hate on me, we have owned over a dozen phones and models as we are addicts but all done w rim s lack of progression and functionality.

what a waste this thread is..the OP is a joke. No one said app world was really good and had unbelievable apps..everyone knows it is lacking so stop complaining. And the pricing has very little to do with RIM. The carriers for the most part set the pricing. OS 7 is a ton better than OS 6. Battery pulls are sometimes needed- big deal the phone takes barely over a minute to boot back up. The smoothness alone with the new hardware makes it lightyears better than the 9780. For someone claiming to have spent thousands on blackberries in the past, it should be plenty clear that this is far and away the best blackberry ever. If you think they will be gone in a year, you're sadly mistaken. Horrible post. I hope no one listened to you.
    10-22-11 06:24 PM
    i have a pb 64gb and sprint 9930, and spend a lot of time reading. both of the forums are about as worthless as it gets. i am old enough to remember when forums were for exchanging useful information and helping fellow users. all either of them are now is rim bashing and crybabies, with a sprinkle of positive news/help.

i love my 9930 other than when i lose signal and it doesnt recover well. it is the perfect device FOR ME but im not naive/uninformed/stupid enough to think that a 9930 (or any bb) is the perfect phone for every user. same for pb vs other tablets. if you dont like your rim device, either ask for constructive help here or dont post, and take it back and get what you want. then go spend your life in the forums for that device.
    10-22-11 08:00 PM
    My blue tooth in a new chevy cruz freezes up after the first call every time. My wifi signal has one bar and drops even when i am not far from router...
    That would be the car. Works flawlessly in a 2010 Hyundai Sonata and a Kia Soul. And a Jawbone Prime, for that matter. WiFi on some models does seem to be hit-or-miss; signal on mine is fine, works even standing in the neighbors' driveway across the street (60yds).

THESE ARE FACTS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW so they dont waste 200 dollars on a device that doesnt work right, and WONT HAVE ANY APPS developed for it after qnx arrives...
    Opinions. As far as performance goes, either you have a lemon or there's a few things you may be doing wrong. If it's not the latter, for the love of all that's holy take yours back and get one that works; don't hang on with a device that's not to your liking. Yes, there's a few apps I'd like but they're merely icing on the cake - all the apps I require to get me through the day are there. I spent $200 and am quite pleased.
    10-22-11 08:02 PM
    What I do NOT understand:

Based on my experience with an Android Device (MyTouch4G TMo) ---

It can't be THAT forking hard to compete with them. OK, there are more senseless apps for this Android platform than one could shake a stick at --- maybe 1% of them actually useful. The 1% that are usefuel have to be pruchased to give the Android 1/3 of the capability that a RIM has out of the box.

I had to by a third party e-mail syncing software (companionlink). It was squirrely, but sort of worked.

I had to buy an app to shut down everything but the powerbutton to make that brick last more than 6 hours before I was looking for an outlet.

I had to buy four chargers. One for the car, one for the office, one for home, and one for emergencies.

Personally, I was totally UNIMPRESSED with Android. Like many Google things, it was kinda cool, initially, not ready for prime time, and kind of half-baked in my mind. It was a little TOO google-ishous for ME. I don't trust google. I truly enjoy the security of RIM and their e-mail.

The WiFi calling with the Android was waaaaaay more quirky than with my 9780 --- which, to be honest is a little quirky as well, but not nearly as much as the droid.

With the MyTouch, the call quality was crap. IT got to the point that my wife and I would hang up, and send each other a text that we would conclude when we were face-to-face.

My wife has a TMo G2. She is fed up with hers too. She is not a techie, and all I hear is that "this ____ thing has no battery life". She actually dig out a 5 year old Nokia once and started using IT out of frustration.

For me, I need:

E-mail (RIM wins)
    business centric calling (conference calling, speaker, etc.) (RIM wins)
    A small footprint (RIM wins)
    Ability to one-hand it (RIM wins)
    Battery life exceed 6 hours (RIM wins by a loooooong shot)

I do NOT need:

-Web Browsing (Android wins, RIM barely adequate)
    -HD screen to watch movies and play games (Android wins)
    -to record my flatulence and boradcast it over Facebook and Twitter 27 times a day

Now, from a hardware standpoint, the HTC MT4G was a NICE peice of hardware. It just wasn't handy. The calling and interface is clunky. I didn't like the touchscreen that had my cheek activate 1500 thingd while I was on a call that couldn't be understood on the other end anyhow.

IF it is true that the rest of the world wants a mobile video game that also makes poor quality calls and can live with 6 hour battery life, then, I guess, maybe RIM is in trouble.

If you need a device that does all of the business centric stuff top-notch, and you can dispose of all of the sillyness of games and facebook, then, RIM is the only choice.

The ONE area I can recommend for RIM to get their act together now whatever they decide to do, GET THE QC UNDER CONTROL.

A quick glance in these forums will give them all the info needed on what to tackle.

My old Curve 8900 was a FABULOUS piece of hardware. My Bold 9780 is good, but it ain't no 8900.

Just my $0.05.

For what I need a phone for, RIM is the choice. Maybe I am just an exception, I dunno. I just hope RIM doesn't shrivel and die on the vine. Fixing the QC would be a HUGE step in the right direction.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-22-11 09:24 PM
    Am a previous BB user, went to android, came back in about a year. My phone is first, my communication device, not a gaming platform. It's the most secure cell phone out there AFAIK. Works awesome for what it does. I only need a few apps, such as emails, maps. Would be nice for a few more apps for OS7 but RIM is pushing everything to the new OS. Should have done your research before buying. If you want eye candy, go to android. The most unsecure OS! Not worth it to me.
    10-22-11 10:22 PM
    Nothing different than the 9780 you say? What about 5 Ghz Wifi, NFC, HSPA+, touchscreen, managing panels (thank gawd!), improved camera (yes it takes great pictures), much improved keyboard, much improved processing power and memory which makes the overall UI much more fluid and responsive, awesome build quality.

I went from a Bold 9700 to the 9900 and sure there are some nice improvements but are they that significant and earth shattering� Not one bit. Was expecting a �lot more� when I upgraded and was disappointed when it didn�t deliver, I am living with it without too many issues but yet it could have been tons better.

Keyboard � Agree, much nicer than the 9700.

Touch Screen � A nice addition/convenience but something I rarely use.

Faster Processor � Not seeing a �big� difference in my daily routines over my 9700.

More Memory � There again nothing to note.

UI � The extra �control� over user settings is welcomed but other than that it�s just ok for me, not a vast improvement from where I sit.

App World � Very laggy and unresponsive at times on the 9900 (9700 somewhat better?)

Camera � Soooooooo limited, my 9700 literally blows it out of the water as far as usability/versatility/quality are concerned even though the 9700 has less MP... EDOF " BIG FAIL".

Build Quality � My 9700 has �great� build quality too!

Battery � Just OK, 9700 3-4 times better� Yep, let�s increase the �power� of our newest �flagship� device but offer a smaller battery, really???

Have both my Bold�s active and if you take away the larger keyboard/screen, touch screen I can�t say there is one heck of a big difference in my day to day use between the two... My 9700 even excels over the 9900 in boot-up/shutdown, opening most apps (phones setup similarly). The �fanboys� can defend all the want but in the end this is "my" opinion, your welcome to submit yours lol.
    FOIA Gras likes this.
    10-22-11 10:26 PM
    Its ur choice
    For secure instant emails,bbm, fixed plans I will stick to. Bb
    U want more apps etc ur choice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 01:20 AM
    I think I'm getting an iphone 4s.

Or maybe I've had a few too many drinks.

10-23-11 01:49 AM
    I think I'm getting an iphone 4s.

Or maybe I've had a few too many drinks.

Or not... I need bb's password keeper.

10-23-11 01:50 AM
    To each their own. I have the opportunity to play with many devices @ work. I see very many Android devices and the iPhone. There are so many cool things with those other platforms, it is mind blowing. What I don't understand is the people who have an inordinate amount of apps on their device. I mean, some guy I know was having issues upgrading to OS5 cause he had 200 apps. 200 APPS makes no sense cause you cant honestly tell me you use all of them. There are truly some apps that I wish would come to BB but appear they never will. For those apps I could simply get an iPod touch or something.

At the end of the day my phone is for communication which means talk, text, email. My BB does that extremely well. End of story for me.

Can we stop beating a dead horse? It did not work for you. Thanks for at least trying and goodbye.
    I can see your apps argument to a certain extent. It would depend on what the apps are. I know people who play a lot of games on their phone and build up a huge number of apps in their phone. I have a three year old who plays on my iPhone all the time. She has about 15 educational games to herself and that's not including the cartoon apps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 02:02 AM
    PMSL you guys in here are really a hoot with your constant bashing of RIM...seriously why dont you all just **** off...if your not happy with the phone thats cool but to come on here and troll is just stupidly pathetic.

What makes me laugh the most is the people who like the OP's post and have thanked him...whats the matter with you guys??...is your lives that insignificant that you feel the need to always have a sly pop at RIM and BB devices...

Its a shame, a real shame that people feel the need to constantly belittle other devices...the great thing is that we all have a choice, so make your damn ****ing choice and be happy with it...
    Ironic isn't it.. That people who've paid for a device and feel a need to share their experiences (good/bad) and have a right to do so are told they can't because it's "bashing" by a verbally abusive, IQ-challenged(I'm almost certain about this), patience-depleted kid like yourself. Keep that tongue of yours in check, it won't get you far in life.

10-23-11 03:14 AM
    Yes, from everything we've been told, current apps will be able to be converted to BBX.
    Tthats incorrect

FOIA Gras likes this.
    10-23-11 04:00 AM
    Ironic isn't it.. That people who've paid for a device and feel a need to share their experiences (good/bad) and have a right to do so are told they can't because it's "bashing" by a verbally abusive, IQ-challenged(I'm almost certain about this), patience-depleted kid like yourself. Keep that tongue of yours in check, it won't get you far in life.

The difference between bashing and sharing experiences is how it's presented. In the OP's case, it's bashing - assuming that all or most 99xx devices run just like his is just ignorant and to some, insulting. Had he posted that his wasn't working and wanted to know how to get enjoyment out of it, that would be quite different.
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    10-23-11 04:01 AM

There are plenty of apps for that on iOS.
    10-23-11 05:54 AM

Give 1Password a shot on the iPhone/Windows Desktop/Mac Desktop. Fantastic software. I still use it on my desktops although there isn't a BlackBerry component (except via web access).
    10-23-11 06:22 AM
    Tthats incorrect
    Based on what?
    10-23-11 06:23 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD