General thoughts:
    Good phone for a basic , new smartphone user. speed dials from keys, text email and bbm fairly easy to use for newbies.
    Not a phone for apps as app world is horrific, apps are far and few between that actually work well w out hiccups.

I have spent 3 days on phone w rim and tier 2 support. app world wont recognze my apps after log in...they had to log in to my laptop to see if they could fix it. get it fixed then load os from vzw today and app world all locked up again.

the good.....

1. keyboard, sweet and smooth
    2. screen- very responsive and clear
    3. customization - good all around w calls, texts and emails fast and easy

the Bad....

1. app world is a joke...os 7 is a joke and rim has sold us a bunch of goods to hold it over till qnx phones. waste of money for consumers and developers at this point to work or buy os 7 anything.

2. too expensive considering other phones for same money that u can actually use as a semi replacement for your laptop while in the field.

3.nothing new about this over a 9780 as far as functionality other than the screen.

4.battery pulls still needed often if you actually try to ue many multi tasks or apps.

between these os 7 phones and the playbook, i feel that rim will be out by q4 2012

they should have priced all these os7 phone from 50 to 99 and prayed people hung in there until qnx phones...but they aint.

rim needs to be the cheap alternative to droid or ios, they cannot compete with them, clearly at this point.

my wife and i have spent thousands on bb's over last 5 years so dont hate on me, we have owned over a dozen phones and models as we are addicts but all done w rim s lack of progression and functionality.

10-20-11 10:56 PM
    they should have priced all these os7 phone from 50 to 99 and prayed people hung in there until qnx phones...but they aint.
    A sure way to death for RIM is to price far below what the market will bear in terms of the selling price. You cannot fund the transition with losses. And the Bold is selling well supposedly, at least relatively well worldwide.
    10-20-11 11:12 PM
    A sure way to death for RIM is to price far below what the market will bear in terms of the selling price. You cannot fund the transition with losses. And the Bold is selling well supposedly, at least relatively well worldwide.
    Actually, the Bold is NOT selling well in the consumer market. The only reason it went out of stock in some area, thanks to company users and lower production. The # of units sold by Apple and Android based phone over shoot Blackberry a lot. Even Canadian news agencies are worried about the downfall of RIM. They need to come up with really good QNX phones or it will be an uphill battle.
    10-20-11 11:16 PM
    Actually, the Bold is NOT selling well in the consumer market. The only reason it went out of stock in some area, thanks to company users and lower production. The # of units sold by Apple and Android based phone over shoot Blackberry a lot. Even Canadian news agencies are worried about the downfall of RIM. They need to come up with really good QNX phones or it will be an uphill battle.
    I predict the OS 7 devices will boost RIM's earnings on the next call, all other things being roughly equal. They should not drop the price if the units are moving well enough. Not yet.
    10-20-11 11:19 PM
    I am sad as well. My 9900 would have been my 5th BlackBerry but unfortunately Customer Care neglected to tell me (or I forgot to ask) that it did NOT support wi-fi calling. Also I needed a flash type browser to support my "Bodybugg" web site. There isn't a Berry that I am aware of anywhere that will support this site according to them. Therefore I am currently using a G2X that provides me with both above and beyond but I feel like a kindergartener with a calculator... meaning which I hate it.
    10-20-11 11:27 PM
    Rims sales on the 9900 have been really good in Canada. Its a great phone, and alot of people such as myself who have owned every iphone except the 4s get really bored of a toy phone and eventually come down to email/browsing/texting/bbm. If that's what you like the bold is the sure pick of a win. Going from my 9800 to iphone4 was torture in terms of texting. I cannot stand typing on glass and blackberry keyboards, especially the 9900s keyboard will never get old to me. Bestbuy has been offering it for $50 out here along with many places, so no complaints.
    bhill0821 likes this.
    10-21-11 02:46 AM
    very disappointing quarter between the typical BB disappointment in the 9900 and apple's lack of a significant upgrade. Can at least be excited for the Galaxy Nexus and ice cream sandwich in 2 weeks
    10-21-11 03:32 AM
    PMSL you guys in here are really a hoot with your constant bashing of RIM...seriously why dont you all just **** off...if your not happy with the phone thats cool but to come on here and troll is just stupidly pathetic.

What makes me laugh the most is the people who like the OP's post and have thanked him...whats the matter with you guys??...is your lives that insignificant that you feel the need to always have a sly pop at RIM and BB devices...

Its a shame, a real shame that people feel the need to constantly belittle other devices...the great thing is that we all have a choice, so make your damn ****ing choice and be happy with it...
    10-21-11 07:21 AM
    General thoughts:
    Good phone for a basic , new smartphone user. speed dials from keys, text email and bbm fairly easy to use for newbies.
    Not a phone for apps as app world is horrific, apps are far and few between that actually work well w out hiccups.

I have spent 3 days on phone w rim and tier 2 support. app world wont recognze my apps after log in...they had to log in to my laptop to see if they could fix it. get it fixed then load os from vzw today and app world all locked up again.

the good.....

1. keyboard, sweet and smooth
    2. screen- very responsive and clear
    3. customization - good all around w calls, texts and emails fast and easy

the Bad....

1. app world is a joke...os 7 is a joke and rim has sold us a bunch of goods to hold it over till qnx phones. waste of money for consumers and developers at this point to work or buy os 7 anything.

2. too expensive considering other phones for same money that u can actually use as a semi replacement for your laptop while in the field.

3.nothing new about this over a 9780 as far as functionality other than the screen.

4.battery pulls still needed often if you actually try to ue many multi tasks or apps.

between these os 7 phones and the playbook, i feel that rim will be out by q4 2012

rim needs to be the cheap alternative to droid or ios, they cannot compete with them, clearly at this point.

my wife and i have spent thousands on bb's over last 5 years so dont hate on me, we have owned over a dozen phones and models as we are addicts but all done w rim s lack of progression and functionality.

Honest or not WTF would I care one bit what you think? You have no credibility to me on your knowledge or experience with BB or other devices. Bye bye TROLL!
    10-21-11 07:32 AM
    I have had my 9930 from several weeks now. I like the device a awful lot. Probably my favorite phone device I've had from RIM. But it's a typical product of late for RIM, a powerful device that more focus was given to the the hardware than to the actual use of it. For example these free apps we're supposed to be getting. They blow first of all, and so far one is not compatible with OS7. WTF?

The device is very sleek, well designed. But the usability is behind. For once RIM needs to pay more attention, and put more focus to what they're putting on the great hardware they have proven they can make.
    10-21-11 08:06 AM
    To each their own. I have the opportunity to play with many devices @ work. I see very many Android devices and the iPhone. There are so many cool things with those other platforms, it is mind blowing. What I don't understand is the people who have an inordinate amount of apps on their device. I mean, some guy I know was having issues upgrading to OS5 cause he had 200 apps. 200 APPS makes no sense cause you cant honestly tell me you use all of them. There are truly some apps that I wish would come to BB but appear they never will. For those apps I could simply get an iPod touch or something.

At the end of the day my phone is for communication which means talk, text, email. My BB does that extremely well. End of story for me.

Can we stop beating a dead horse? It did not work for you. Thanks for at least trying and goodbye.
    Lyls and chrispmoto like this.
    10-21-11 08:54 AM
    Honest or not WTF would I care one bit what you think? You have no credibility to me on your knowledge or experience with BB or other devices. Bye bye TROLL!
    +1
    He's posted this same crap in every thread....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 08:59 AM
    First of all the price is dertermined by the carriers. Also in terms of battery pulls being needed, this is not a blackberry specific thing. I owned an HTC Hd Desire at one point and it needed at least 2 battery pulls a day, also it would just restart itself whenever it felt like instead of showing the little clock and trying to catch up. If anything I have to pull the battery on mybold much less than i ever had to with the Android, which was one of the many reasons I ditched android.
    Fnord likes this.
    10-21-11 09:03 AM
    Isn't it a sign of insecurity when you feel the need to share and justify your decisions with others in search of sympathy and validation? Amazing how much of that goes on here.

If you've made your decision, move on and stay off crackberry.
    dimm0k, JR A and Snap51 like this.
    10-21-11 10:03 AM
    Rims sales on the 9900 have been really good in Canada. Its a great phone, and alot of people such as myself who have owned every iphone except the 4s get really bored of a toy phone and eventually come down to email/browsing/texting/bbm. If that's what you like the bold is the sure pick of a win. Going from my 9800 to iphone4 was torture in terms of texting. I cannot stand typing on glass and blackberry keyboards, especially the 9900s keyboard will never get old to me. Bestbuy has been offering it for $50 out here along with many places, so no complaints.
    This is such a true statement. I had the 9930 for 2 weeks and returned it during the allowable time period from Verizon. Every day since I returned it I've regretted it,I thought I would really miss some of the pretty features and apps from my Droid X . I came to the conclusion that I don't even use a third of the crap I put on the phone and it's just there for looks. Having had BB's before their are certain features I just can't stop missing like the holster sleep function,ridiculously customizable alerts & the on/off timer and last but not least the keyboard which even I a lousy typist feel like a superstar using. Ultimately I think I'm gonna get another one but I really would like to see an LTE Playbook so I dont have to rely on Bridge for Internet.
    Last edited by Leo J; 10-21-11 at 10:40 AM.
    jrcdpm likes this.
    10-21-11 10:38 AM
    In terms of handsets and OS development, RIM is now where they should have been in 2007. It is a shame to see the competition pass RIM like they are standing still.
    10-21-11 10:40 AM
    I post review here because i have been involved with RIM and used many of their devices.

RCCollins is spot on. I still have the 9930 and it is a great basic phone. I am not bashing RIM I am just pointing out the obvious frustrations of consumers and why RIM stock and everyone this side of crackberry fanatics know they do not have much time left to get their ac together.

My blue tooth in a new chevy cruz freezes up after the first call every time. My wifi signal has one bar and drops even when i am not far from router...

THESE ARE FACTS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW so they dont waste 200 dollars on a device that doesnt work right, and WONT HAVE ANY APPS developed for it after qnx arrives...

GET IT now or do i need to speak to you flame throwers like a kindergartner some more?????
    FOIA Gras likes this.
    10-21-11 11:31 AM
    In terms of handsets and OS development, RIM is now where they should have been in 2007. It is a shame to see the competition pass RIM like they are standing still.

Isn't this just the teeniest tiniest exaggeration????

Well, I'm happier with my 9930 than I am with my super spec-d Atrix.
    10-21-11 11:36 AM
    Your main issue is that you are using a VZW device on T-Mobile. Since T-Mobile does not sell the 9930, they will not offer much in the way of support. When you update the OS, you will lose the service books. Service book manipulation is something you have to deal with when you use any VZW device on T-Mobile. That has not changed since the days of people trying to use 9350/9550/9630/9650 on T-Mobile. Why do you think there are thousands of posts about how to use [insert VZW BlackBerry device name] on T-Mobile and have all features working?
    10-21-11 11:40 AM
    I have a 9930 with Verizon and one cannot use a 9930 w T mobile...gsm v cdma...
    10-21-11 12:01 PM
    great, another eulogy. can't get enough of this.
    10-21-11 12:15 PM
    I have a 9930 with Verizon and one cannot use a 9930 w T mobile...gsm v cdma...
    Ok. Your profile shows you have a 9700 with T-Mobile.

Yes, it is possible to use a 9930 on T-Mobile if the device is unlocked. The 9930 is a dual CDMA/GSM device.

I thought you were using it on T-Mobile, hence my comments.
    10-21-11 12:23 PM

THESE ARE FACTS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW
    There is a difference between facts and opinions.

And what you stated in your review is fine. But they are only your opinion.
    Foppa_21 and Nogrentain like this.
    10-21-11 12:37 PM
    John, I thought there was a write up how the next gen apps developed for qnx will not work on java os7 etc... Did i read it in correctly?
    10-21-11 12:44 PM
    lak, sorry forgot to change the profile stuff..
    10-21-11 12:45 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD