Hey guys, first of all this is MY own opinion and thoughts on the device so they may differ from yours but I just wanted to post something for those still looking for reviews and actual user opinions before buying the phone.

So with that said, I'm going to jump right into it. Yes the camera is not as great as the torch 9800 or bold 9780 because of the lack of focus but other then that there's nothing really bad I can say about the phone. The build quality is great, the keyboard is the best on any smartphone u will find making it a reason alone for upgrading and the os with a few minor bugs is pretty smooth and responsive similar to an iphone 4. Everything about the phone screams flagship device with a great web experience to hardware that's ALMOST par with the competition (finally) but with its super fast speeds and great keyboard and everything else that's great about the device u also have "the battery"

In my opinion this is the only real knock and let's say HUGE knock on the phone. I can't understand why RIM would put a smaller battery in their flagship device when they have had a long time to test and develop this product. Sure the phones thin but then make another battery work! If the battery life on this phone was better I would honestly be completely bias into ppl buying this phone lol. With that said tho I still believe its the best blackberry to date. It just comes down to how much ur actually on ur berry, if ur a moderate-heavy user like me (txting constant bbm, music web browsing, fb, twitter etc) u will have ur days where the battery will be drained before late afternoon. However if u use the device for everything, work, media, social needs and web then good luck getting through the day and invest in a backup battery. If your a casual user then u should be fine as I've had days where I've used my phone quite a bit but only had to charge it at night.

Neways its a great phone, but a better battery would have made me type the "great phone" without thinking twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 07:24 PM
    Turn down your screen brightness and have it autofade....Works wonderS!
    08-27-11 07:33 PM
    A lot of people believe that RIM shipped a bad batch of batteries with this phone. My brother has the 9900 and he uses it for work and hes on it ALL day long and his only needs to be recharged at night at around 11pm. But from what Ive read he seems to be one of the lucky ones because Ive read and heard of people getting terrible battery life off these phones and they arent anywhere close to power users like my brother. Try picking up a new battery and watch the mighty 9900 soar through your day without breaking a sweat! lol.
    08-27-11 08:02 PM
    I'm sure they will come out with an extended battery similar to the one I have on my Tour(2600 mah). I can get 2-3 days out of that battery as opposed to one day out of the old one.
    08-27-11 08:14 PM
    Yeah u may be right, but for so many ppl to be complaining about the battery on this device shows that rim made a mistake in decreasing the battery size when in reality they probably should have made it bigger. Oh well no phone is perfect still love this phone and wouldn't trade it for any other at the moment. Hopefully down the road someone can make an extended battery that can fit in with the normal battery cover because anything other then the one it comes with would feel pretty weird on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD