I don't know if anyone else has this happening- I did a search and did not find anything. The key in between the volume buttons is supposed to be a "mute" button, but when I hold the key down, it beeps twice and a female voice says "you have no messages". What is this?? I don't think it's voicemail bc I had a voicemail and it didn't play it or anything.

Anyone know?

Thanks!
    02-19-12 07:48 PM
    You might have a app installed that assigns keys to different options. Do you have 6 tools installed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-19-12 07:52 PM
    hmm, no i don't. the only apps i have installed are evernote, bebuzz, twitter, facebook, etc. maybe something in bebuzz?
    02-19-12 08:03 PM
    My mute/volume keys were wigging out awhile ago too. Instead of the voice, mine threw up a bunch of "m's" and "n's" when I brushed them lightly. I could get this to stop temporarily by flicking the bezel right above them. Once, however, I dropped it (from only about 2 feet--not very far, but enough to clunk it good) and the "m's" and "n's" wouldn't quit, so I tapped the bottom of the phone lightly on my desk and now it doesn't do it anymore. Think there's some loose items in there. (My phone was 1 day old when it started happening and I hadn't even so much as stared at it wrong by that point.)
    02-19-12 09:51 PM
    My mute/volume keys were wigging out awhile ago too. Instead of the voice, mine threw up a bunch of "m's" and "n's" when I brushed them lightly. I could get this to stop temporarily by flicking the bezel right above them. Once, however, I dropped it (from only about 2 feet--not very far, but enough to clunk it good) and the "m's" and "n's" wouldn't quit, so I tapped the bottom of the phone lightly on my desk and now it doesn't do it anymore. Think there's some loose items in there. (My phone was 1 day old when it started happening and I hadn't even so much as stared at it wrong by that point.)
    Omg Rofllll!
    02-20-12 12:50 AM
    ya i have the same thing with the mute key n the no messages thingy, i had this app called vlingo n i thought it could of been from that, i sinced deleted that app. i dont know how to get rid of it :S
    03-07-12 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD