I am happy to hear that
    Back from the dead...
    01-14-12 03:02 PM
    It would be helpful if we had a clear poll to see for whom this worked or not.

I'm also curious to see how many people are experiencing this, moreover, under the similar circumstances. IE, low battery, plugged in to charge for awhile (overnight) only to find it dead upon recheck.

I've tried with a friends battery that was fresh (just to rule it out), and it didn't work. Still hung on connecting to JVM. The problem is that even if I can get a half second or so down the progress bar on the screen on the BB, it'll still shut down. It won't hang on any further.

Is there any value in finding another leaked 540 OS, or is that really irrelevant at this point?

I have a feeling that this problem is slightly more invasive than a simple reflash of OS.

The people who have had this method (either of the two offered) may have had other issues at hand, or a slight version of the severity that this scenario *could* leave the BB HDD/RAM in???

I've got a day or two left before Rogers sends a replacement, so I'm game for another attempt or so if someone has any other solutions to recommend.

I actually haven't tried either of the first two that OP mentioned, JL Cmder or the other one. What exactly are those options?
    01-14-12 10:25 PM
    Okay.

JL Commander., has the same problems. Can't connect to JVM. I tried the boot from dos method whereby you set no jvm option. That didn't help. BBSAK/C can't even connect to the darn BB lol.

Guess it's dead.

Other than a different firmware/OS, Nothing is working.
    01-14-12 11:54 PM
    error code 507 can't connect to jvm at the end of the load any advice i have tried so many tricks, phone has been like this for like 2months now, its actually a storm 9530 but this one of the only active threads
    01-15-12 01:52 AM
    Just curious .... everyone with a 'bricked' phone .... are they all bricked after one of the 'unofficial' OS updates ?
    01-15-12 02:30 AM
    can i put a new battery in and do this????
    11-04-12 05:33 AM
    thanks buddy but all version i've been seen is 7.0.0.42 didn't get 7.0.0.540 can you pls send me link to get it?
    01-11-15 08:16 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD