This is the first Blackberry that I have ever considered using as a music player. Currently I have my music on iTunes on my laptop and I have an older iPod that does the job. I am assuming that short of burning my iTunes music to a CD and then uploading it to a Blackberry-compatible music player, the iTunes music is not useable on my 9930, so I'm looking at my options. Does anyone know if Rhapsody and/or Napster work on the 9930 yet? Are there other options (and I'm interested in more than just streaming - I want to be able to download and save music also)? Any opinions on what is best?

Thanks
    08-21-11 02:22 PM
    Streaming: Pandora and/or Slacker (when updated to OS7)
    Downloading: Amazon and/or 7Digital
    08-21-11 02:28 PM
    It comes with Amazon MP3 pre-loaded. Most of the songs are 69 cents. I haven't tried yet to see if you can stream from the Amazon Cloud Player with the browser. I am so done with iTunes. Amazon MP3 is a much better deal I think.

Edit - Wow - the cloud player does work! Streaming my music right now!!!!
    Last edited by suzicat; 08-21-11 at 02:37 PM.
    08-21-11 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if any of the subscription providers like Napster or Rhapsody will work with the 9930?
    08-21-11 05:16 PM
    I stick with Amazon myself as well.
    08-21-11 07:09 PM
    OK, just found this on the Napster page:

"The Napster application currently supports Blackberry™ models with OS version 5.0, but is not compatible with any touch screen blackberry devices at this time."
    08-21-11 07:49 PM
    And this on Rhapsody...

"Rhapsody mobile apps now let you download music straight to your device, as long as you're a member. Choose from millions of songs, and download them instantly. Listen during your commute, your workout or your flight – whether you have an active signal or not. (Currently available for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android™, and coming soon to BlackBerry.)"

Guess the subscription services aren't out there for Blackberry yet....
    08-21-11 07:52 PM
    08-21-11 07:53 PM
    OK, just found this on the Napster page:

"The Napster application currently supports Blackberry models with OS version 5.0, but is not compatible with any touch screen blackberry devices at this time."
    Well suppose that one's history, since Rhapsody just finished acquiring good ole Napster.

Though you could actually also use Rhapsody even if they don't have mobile app for the BBs, plenty of workarounds for that.

For starters, good ole Tunebite that used to work to remove Napster protection works now to record and convert Rhapsody protected music to fresh new files that should work on any devices you need , the BB included of course..

Suppose it's better than nothing...
    01-27-12 09:30 AM
    Spotify has a BlackBerry app but you can transfer your music from itunes to your BlackBerry through the BlackBerry desktop manager.
    01-27-12 10:20 AM
    This is the first Blackberry that I have ever considered using as a music player. Currently I have my music on iTunes on my laptop and I have an older iPod that does the job. I am assuming that short of burning my iTunes music to a CD and then uploading it to a Blackberry-compatible music player, the iTunes music is not useable on my 9930, so I'm looking at my options. Does anyone know if Rhapsody and/or Napster work on the 9930 yet? Are there other options (and I'm interested in more than just streaming - I want to be able to download and save music also)? Any opinions on what is best?

Thanks
    Spotify has a BlackBerry app but you can transfer your music from itunes to your BlackBerry through the BlackBerry desktop manager.
    I was going to say, I've got quite a bit of iTunes music on my BB. If you go into the music folder of your computer, then the iTunes folder, and find your music in there, it's as simple as copying the files, and pasting them onto your BB's media card. That's how I transfer music from iTunes and Windows Media Player...
    01-27-12 10:51 AM
    I use Rdio and its so far the best music subscription service for me.
    01-27-12 11:07 AM
    the main question is where do you download music?sites like limewire and frostwire have been shut down.and it was easy downloading music there and uploading it to itunes and the syncing to the smartphone.buying music on itunes is costly.can't determine if there is any other way.
    01-28-12 12:51 AM
    the main question is where do you download music?sites like limewire and frostwire have been shut down.and it was easy downloading music there and uploading it to itunes and the syncing to the smartphone.buying music on itunes is costly.can't determine if there is any other way.
    Well, that sounds like you're looking for copyright protected music for free. If that's the case, you can look elsewhere.
    01-28-12 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD