1. Is there a way to make the bold auto capitalize words? Like when I got to type "title" on this thread, its lower case. Also in tje FB app when you update a status, the first letter Is lower case? Any fix!

2. On my 9650, when I setup an email acct, it made a folder for my gmail acct. Like a whole icon for my personal gmail. I succesfully setup one on the 9930 but it doesn't show my email. Like under messages I have email, but I can only see ones I received after setup?

3. I have a school email that is "google" based and it won't let me set it up! Its a "+++++++@georgiasouthern.edu". All the info is correct but it won't setup correctly.

4. What is the easyest way to get to the new verizon software? I downloaded the file and DM but have no idea how to move it? I read some threads about deleting a file .xml? Seems really confusing. Any help please.

5. Anyone reccommend a good browser?

6. When searching for apps in the appworld, if its not typed exactly nothing appears. Is there a way to change those settings?

Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 06:53 AM
    Also, do I have to close an "app" after I "leave" it? Like "setup"? If I don't close it is that a problem? Kinda annoying, any quick way to close a setting/app?

10-22-11 06:57 AM
    1. Is there a way to make the bold auto capitalize words? Like when I got to type "title" on this thread, its lower case. Also in tje FB app when you update a status, the first letter Is lower case? Any fix!

2. On my 9650, when I setup an email acct, it made a folder for my gmail acct. Like a whole icon for my personal gmail. I succesfully setup one on the 9930 but it doesn't show my email. Like under messages I have email, but I can only see ones I received after setup?

3. I have a school email that is "google" based and it won't let me set it up! Its a "+++++++@georgiasouthern.edu". All the info is correct but it won't setup correctly.

4. What is the easyest way to get to the new verizon software? I downloaded the file and DM but have no idea how to move it? I read some threads about deleting a file .xml? Seems really confusing. Any help please.

5. Anyone reccommend a good browser?

6. When searching for apps in the appworld, if its not typed exactly nothing appears. Is there a way to change those settings?

Thanks!!!

1. Yes you can do that... Go to Options and Word Substitutions. Then either hit edit or create a new word and there is a drop down option in there called "Smart Case". Smart case means if you hit Sig, my signature comes with the first letter capital. If you enter "SIG" it comes all capital, if I enter "sig" it comes I think first letter capital if you set up the original string with capital letter first; if not it will come with simple.

2. Hit the BB button on your main screen. Then choose "Show All" or I think "Show Hidden Icons" (sorry my phone is in the basement and I am too lazy to go down there to check). All new email folders will be hidden by default. The hidden one will appear as "ghost" icons or "faded" icons once you hit Shaw All. Now select the email folder icon for that particular mail and hit BB button again and click "Hide". This will remove the check mark beside Hide and show up on your screen once you go back to Hidden mode. I use the Hidden icons to remove stuff I don't use so it is helpful anyway.

3. I have a server at home that work as a middle man between Google based email client and the email server. It works well on my Bold 9900 with no issues. I have accounts goes from XXXXXX@mysitename.net. I also have University of Calgary email coming to my Bold 9900 even BEFORE the emails get loaded to web mail. But University of Calgary use their own email servers and have no association with Google.

Now... the Google system and even the university based server have the ability to block access to IMAP or POP3 or SMTP using a mobile phone. Make sure your uni is not doing that. I will also try to delete the account now you have on your phone and try to re-register it.

4. If you are on Verizon and you downloaded the specific software for them, you do not need to delete any files. Just load the OS to your computer and your DM should pick it up as soon as you plug in the phone. OR in DM look for updates and click on that and it should bring up the update.

If you go with a leaked one that is not from your service provider, then you need to delete two files (sometimes one).

5. Opera Mini OR why not update your OS to new .440 and it has a faster native web browser

6. App World is controlled by RIM. You may want to look in to upgrading your App World or even better go for the beta App World.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 10-22-11 at 07:14 AM.
    10-22-11 07:08 AM
    Also, do I have to close an "app" after I "leave" it? Like "setup"? If I don't close it is that a problem? Kinda annoying, any quick way to close a setting/app?

Some Apps like DriveSafe.ly cannot be closed. It will always show up on your app switcher. However, apps like Google Maps can be exited by hitting the BB button and choosing to exit from the menu item there. This will completely shut down the app and it will not show up on the app switcher. So... it is depend on the type of app.

Yes, if you leave it as it is, it MAY drain your battery and even use up your data. Again, this is based on the app... so... app specific.
    10-22-11 07:11 AM
    1. Yes you can do that... Go to Options and Word Substitutions. Then either hit edit or create a new word and there is a drop down option in there called "Smart Case". Smart case means if you hit Sig, my signature comes with the first letter capital. If you enter "SIG" it comes all capital, if I enter "sig" it comes I think first letter capital if you set up the original string with capital letter first; if not it will come with simple.

2. Hit the BB button on your main screen. Then choose "Show All" or I think "Show Hidden Icons" (sorry my phone is in the basement and I am too lazy to go down there to check). All new email folders will be hidden by default. The hidden one will appear as "ghost" icons or "faded" icons once you hit Shaw All. Now select the email folder icon for that particular mail and hit BB button again and click "Hide". This will remove the check mark beside Hide and show up on your screen once you go back to Hidden mode. I use the Hidden icons to remove stuff I don't use so it is helpful anyway.

3. I have a server at home that work as a middle man between Google based email client and the email server. It works well on my Bold 9900 with no issues. I have accounts goes from XXXXXX@mysitename.net. I also have University of Calgary email coming to my Bold 9900 even BEFORE the emails get loaded to web mail. But University of Calgary use their own email servers and have no association with Google.

Now... the Google system and even the university based server have the ability to block access to IMAP or POP3 or SMTP using a mobile phone. Make sure your uni is not doing that. I will also try to delete the account now you have on your phone and try to re-register it.

4. If you are on Verizon and you downloaded the specific software for them, you do not need to delete any files. Just load the OS to your computer and your DM should pick it up as soon as you plug in the phone. OR in DM look for updates and click on that and it should bring up the update.

If you go with a leaked one that is not from your service provider, then you need to delete two files (sometimes one).

5. Opera Mini OR why not update your OS to new .440 and it has a faster native web browser

6. App World is controlled by RIM. You may want to look in to upgrading your App World or even better go for the beta App World.
    Wow. Thank you sooo much! I'm gonna try to play more tonite and will update this thread if I have any more issues! I really appreciate you help!

10-22-11 07:29 AM
    Some Apps like DriveSafe.ly cannot be closed. It will always show up on your app switcher. However, apps like Google Maps can be exited by hitting the BB button and choosing to exit from the menu item there. This will completely shut down the app and it will not show up on the app switcher. So... it is depend on the type of app.

Yes, if you leave it as it is, it MAY drain your battery and even use up your data. Again, this is based on the app... so... app specific.
    You can close drviesafe.ly- you have to adjust the settings...there should only be 5 things you can't exit and is always running - browser,
    Home , phone, mail and bbm

10-22-11 08:19 AM
    You can close drviesafe.ly- you have to adjust the settings...there should only be 5 things you can't exit and is always running - browser,
    Home , phone, mail and bbm

Thanks for the info. But there are many third party apps that do not have the ability or option to shut down from running in the background. I emailed the SOIT about their SOTI pocket control foe BB app and they said, there is no option to shut it down completely.
    10-22-11 08:38 AM
    Press and hold any letter for a second capitalizes. Tap alt, then right shift for caps lock. Tap alt then left shift for num and punc lock.

10-22-11 09:26 AM

Actually you can turn off DriveSafe.Ly . Open the app ,turn it off and then still on the main screen of the app just press the BB menu button and there you will have the option to exit drivesafe.ly . that will turn off completely the app
    10-22-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD