I'm a long time bb user and I was excited/waiting for the new bold touch. I think it's a great phone, but i am on my 3rd one in 3 weeks from Verizon and the problems are starting to make me wonder if i need to make the switch to droid/iphone and give up my beloved bb keyboard. Issues are below and I'm wondering if others have experienced these or if they will likely be resolved with software updates

My first 9930
    • the battery cover was so difficult to remove my nail started bleeding trying to take it off and i had to use a screw driver to remove it, cracking the little plastic bars in the opening at bottom of the cover. It's almost as if it was a defect in the plastic cover

My second 9930
    • no one could hear me on the phone. I was told it sounded as if i was talking through a sheet of plastic. And at times my voice would go in and out. I have the rubber cover, but i removed that and it happened as well. Verizon rep was able to confirm problem in store and gave me a new phone.
    • I only had it a few days, but i believe i had trouble with wifi connections

My third and current 9930
    • #1 problem, i am consistently told it is hard to hear me on this phone. Not poor sound quality, but distorted sound. And my voice goes in and out. Also, often people call me and they have an echo on their end (I can't hear it). This has happened several times with multiple people from land and cell lines.
    • The wifi does not work consistently. I can have my macbook, ipad and 9930 in my lap. The macbook and ipad get wifi, but 9930 does not. Sometimes if i turn the verizon network on and off, and same with wifi, the wifi starts working, but i don't recognize a patten and most of time wifi not working. Verizon rep suggested i turn wifi off because i have an unlimited data plan anyway
    • When i clear the cache/history/cookies/etc in browser, i can still go back to previous pages
      phone sometimes randomly goes into mute or speaker. I had a few calls where the mute button or speaker button turned on. I thought maybe it was my cheek pressing against the screen, but it didn't seem right
    • in one instance, i re-opened an email with links and the links were not highlighted/clickable (they were previously). I scrolled up and down a bit and the links would start to become clickable.
    • there are a few other glitches, but i don't remember all of them and trying not to be too nit-picky because i assume it's somewhat par for the course for a new model to have lots of bugs (is it??)
    Last edited by xbbuser12; 09-13-11 at 09:28 AM.
    09-13-11 09:25 AM
    I have a 9930 and don't have any of those issues it sounds like you need to exchange the device. Have you tried reloading the OS to see if that helps? Its worth a shot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 09:31 AM
    I have a 9930 and don't have any of those issues it sounds like you need to exchange the device. Have you tried reloading the OS to see if that helps? Its worth a shot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I feel the same way you do, I have had my 9930 for a month now and have not had any of these issues, and I talk on min up to 2 hours a day. I love this phone and have had no issues with it. I would reload the OS as well see if it helps.
    09-13-11 09:49 AM
    I have off and on singal loss with my Wi-Fi on my 9930....doesnt matter what part of my house I am in...I came from a HTC Evo and never had an issue running Wi-Fi....I have reloaded the software....any other suggestions????
    12-04-11 11:09 PM
    like others, I haven't had these issues either.

You should try upgrading your OS to the most recent one.

I currently have .374
    12-05-11 12:05 AM
    I have off and on singal loss with my Wi-Fi on my 9930....doesnt matter what part of my house I am in...I came from a HTC Evo and never had an issue running Wi-Fi....I have reloaded the software....any other suggestions????
    i had wifi issues with my old 8900 and found out it was my router. I had Att Uverse and wifi would not work with my Blackberry (a common issue)

To fix it, I had to connect another router to my Uverse router. Now it works fine.
    12-05-11 12:08 AM
    I switched back from EVO after 2 years , to this bold. phone has bricked on its own twice now in 1 week , brand new phone barely have had it.

Maybe I made a poor decision
    12-05-11 01:56 AM
    No problems for me - Verizon 9930
    7.0 Bundle 1739, 7.0.0.374, PLatform 5.0.0.522
    12-05-11 01:58 AM
    Verizon 9930 "power user" runs like a sports car with no issues. Can run BB Music while texting and and Verizon Navigator at same time. I put it through its paces and it works flawlessly.
    12-05-11 02:27 AM
    My vz 9930 with os 374 runs great no issues.so smooth .awesome phone for me.
    12-05-11 08:49 AM
    I have OS .374 with Verizon and the only issue I have with the phone is the weak Wi-Fi signal....comes and goes....totally loses my Wi-Fi and I am not even moving. Thoughts???
    12-05-11 01:53 PM
    I agree with most responders to this thread. My 9930 from Verizon has worked flawlessly since the day it arrived. WI-FI works great throughout the house. Battery cover works fine too.
    12-05-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD