I made the mistake of syncing 2 email addresses with my contacts. I had about a 1000 numbers which has now become 3000 with loads of multiple entries.

My original email - [email protected] had a 1000, I then added [email protected] and synced contacts so now [email protected] has 2000 entries. I no longer use [email protected] so I've deleted the email address but the contact entries still exist.

How do I clean them up? Tried merging using googles contact merger, didn't really help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 10:07 PM
    Delete them all and restore just your contacts from a recent backup.

11-23-11 10:26 PM
    Don't have a clean backup

11-23-11 11:00 PM
    11-24-11 06:23 AM
    I also made the foolish mistake of synchronizing my contacts, and I now have 3 or 4 of every contacts, there appears to be no way of accessing these contact lists either via the phone or the desktop or deleting them

I dont understand how its managed to get the contacts from my other email accounts, I only have one on my phone
    Last edited by herrbohnen; 12-21-11 at 02:13 AM.
    12-21-11 02:00 AM
    I am going to assume that you're syncing with Google Sync. If your Gmail contacts are correct the I would suggest you delete all the contacts from your device and do a one way sync from Gmail to your device. Once that is done you can go back to 2-way syncing.

The easiest way to delete the contacts from your device is to use desktop manager.
    12-21-11 07:13 AM
    .. use 'contact cleaner'... it allows you to delete and merge contacts...
    12-21-11 09:06 AM
    Yep contact cleaner works good.

If your using BIS with gmail contact list. and the duplicates have been put on your gmail account. Run merge online in your account.

Also go to address book and check what email addresses are being pushed with BIS sync. unchecking them and allowing it to sync, should clear things up.

Also maybe a restore from BB protect?
    12-21-11 09:24 AM
    Check to make sure you have not created a new "default" address book. Happened to me with Google sync. I just deleted the extra address books. Best way of checking this is to check Google. If everything is fine there, then you have extra address book(s) on your bb.
    12-21-11 09:39 AM
    In phonebook options, there should be a "allow duplicate contacts" option, check that.
    Hope it works.
    By "check" I mean, see if its on, if it is, you could turn it off and see. Sorry, but I think its better to remove all ambiguity here!
    12-21-11 03:16 PM
    contact cleaner is no good as it doesn't see duplicate contacts as duplicate if they are in different contact lists.

Where can you access your contacts in desktop manager?
    12-22-11 06:07 AM
    Mate,
    There is a software, i don't remember the name now, but if you can wait, i'll tell you a little bit later.
    With that app you can open the backups made with Desktop Manager. You can clean your records and replace the backup file.
    Maybe it's gonna work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-22-11 06:16 AM
    ABC Amber Blackberry Converter
    12-22-11 07:18 AM
    Thanks for all the help. Opening contact � options, then rset worked.

12-22-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD