When sending a 2 or more page text messages on my Sprint 9930 Bold the person I send the text to only receives the last page. If its 3 pages long, they only get page 2. if its 2 pages long, they only get page 2 etc etc. Anyone else having this problem?

I contacted Sprint they said a ticket was created to look at it from there end...
    11-08-11 02:03 PM
    This really could have many variables... What is the phone that your are sending it too? Also just because the Blackberry breaks it up into 3 or 2 separate messages dosent mean that the recipient isnt getting it as 1.
    11-08-11 02:34 PM
    Its a Bold 9930. My friend has the exact same phone and his works fine. After 145 characters its goes to the next page. When this happens the receiver gets it as 2 pages and so on...
    11-08-11 04:02 PM
    Its a Bold 9930. My friend has the exact same phone and his works fine. After 145 characters its goes to the next page. When this happens the receiver gets it as 2 pages and so on...
    I also have the same phone from Verizon. Mine splits texts as well but doesn't JUST send the last page. With CDMA phones like Verizon and Sprint, there is a 160 character limit per SMS.

With GSM phones like AT&T and T-Mobile, this same limit isn't there.

So what the software is doing is breaking up the texts so you know how many texts you're sending (in case you don't have unlimited).

So your friend has the exact same Bold 9930 or 9900? Also, which software version are you both on? For example, I am on 7.0.0.374 with mine which is the latest version available from Verizon.
    11-08-11 04:05 PM
    Ye we both have same phone, same service, same software. His works mine doesent. I did a master erase of my phone and still does the same thing.
    11-08-11 05:03 PM
    With GSM phones like AT&T and T-Mobile, this same limit isn't there.

So what the software is doing is breaking up the texts so you know how many texts you're sending (in case you don't have unlimited).
    You say AT&T doesn't have the limit but texts among Blackberry's within my family (on the same plan, even) have broken up the texts. I often receive the second page before the first in high-density areas (e.g., football stadiums, etc.).

What's going on here..?
    11-08-11 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD