View Poll Results: Do you think this would be the most selling Blackberry ever?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Duh! **** yes!

70 48.95%
  • Hmmm, maybe

46 32.17%
  • No

25 17.48%
  • Are you kidding me? **** no!

2 1.40%
    I have a strong believe that this would be the most sold Blackberry device. Who here agrees?

Of course I mean amongst consumers and not businesses nor governments.
    04-19-11 10:58 AM
    Amongst regular consumers? Thats tough to say, amongst consumers that love RIM's devices? More than likely, seeing how this will be the most traditional Blackberry in a while, and a touch screen to go with it.
    04-19-11 02:33 PM
    The Curve 3G series will easily outsell the Bold series,especially world-wide. Not that it's a better BB but because it's a way less expensive means to enjoy most of the BB experience.
    04-19-11 03:14 PM
    The Curve 3G series will easily outsell the Bold series,especially world-wide. Not that it's a better BB but because it's a way less expensive means to enjoy most of the BB experience.
    You're probably right, I was thinking just in NA.
    04-19-11 03:41 PM
    But how much more do the entry-level blackberry devices sell versus the higher-end bolds and torches? If its that extreme then why include such a variety of devices? I honestly can't wait for the Bold Touch and that's the device I'm recommending to all. If one person doesn't spread the word, then those who could spread it to a more widespread community, won't be able to keep blackberry alive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 03:56 PM
    I might buy like 50 of them... so you never know. I can't wait for this one. BlackBerry Bold Touch + BlackBerry PlayBook = CrackBerry Heaven.
    04-19-11 04:38 PM
    While it could very well be the best selling fullprice blackberry, the curve models will sell more.

For the true blackberry fans I think the combo that Kevin suggests is going to be huge until we get qnx blackberries.
    04-19-11 05:55 PM
    It's like saying will the iPod touch sell more than an iPod Nano/Shuffle.. the touch is of course superior in many ways, but the others are much cheaper and will sell many more units. Same goes for Curve vs Bold.
    04-19-11 07:27 PM
    Taking into consideration all the "technology-pressure" that the industry has been putting on us, and while most probably you don't need them, but don't you think people would think "I might as well pay a little extra to get the full experience"? That's my theory, and I could be wrong.

I am also basing this on the fact that Bold in the past (9000) did not have MUCH superiority over the curve except for the screen, so maybe now it is the time for the big switch where people would actually go the extra mile to own the "full package" -- again, that's all my **.
    04-19-11 07:39 PM
    I might buy like 50 of them... so you never know. I can't wait for this one. BlackBerry Bold Touch + BlackBerry PlayBook = CrackBerry Heaven.
    Could not agree more, pure bliss!
    04-19-11 07:40 PM
    I am also basing this on the fact that Bold in the past (9000) did not have MUCH superiority over the curve except for the screen, so maybe now it is the time for the big switch where people would actually go the extra mile to own the "full package" -- again, that's all my **.
    I am sorry, but that I cannot agree with. The build quality, keyboard, speakers, and overall user experience was far superior.
    04-19-11 07:44 PM
    Theres always that one blackberry thats going to be go in the market and this the one
    04-19-11 08:14 PM
    But how much more do the entry-level blackberry devices sell versus the higher-end bolds and torches? If its that extreme then why include such a variety of devices? I honestly can't wait for the Bold Touch and that's the device I'm recommending to all. If one person doesn't spread the word, then those who could spread it to a more widespread community, won't be able to keep blackberry alive.

what a bunch of bull.you really think people care that you are spreading the word.i for one don't care at all.and this is not even coming from the crackberry founder.so your word will not mean anything.everyone nowadays chooses devices they like not because someone recommends it to them.and where was the blog post saying that blackberry is going to die? saying something without facts is just beyond reasonable.last time i checked, more and more people either have blackberry or they are returning from apple/android because they feel blackberry provides that extra stability for daily use.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 04-19-11 at 09:21 PM.
    04-19-11 08:34 PM
    If the Bold Touch comes to Verizon I'm going to be getting one.Its time to retire my 8130 Pearl.
    04-19-11 08:47 PM
    I agree and by the time BT comes out this summer the PB should be well on its way and most of the early problems will be taken care of!
    04-19-11 10:13 PM
    If the Bold Touch comes to Verizon I'm going to be getting one.Its time to retire my 8130 Pearl.
    For sure it would come to vz, no doubt about it.

04-20-11 02:00 AM
    I am sorry, but that I cannot agree with. The build quality, keyboard, speakers, and overall user experience was far superior.
    Don't forget, it was also the first 3G BlackBerry.
    04-20-11 02:02 AM
    Taking into consideration all the "technology-pressure" that the industry has been putting on us, and while most probably you don't need them, but don't you think people would think "I might as well pay a little extra to get the full experience"? That's my theory, and I could be wrong.
    If people were judging like with like then maybe this would be true for some, but not all who were considering a blackberry, but in many countries you simply have a greater amount of cheaper tariffs for the curve or even have it available as a pay as you go option, whereas the fullprice blackberries are either not free on those tariffs or are not available at all at the lower price.

Sites like this one and other gadget blogs tend to have a distorted view of the importance of hw specs in most people's purchasing decisions and the likes of the apollo, most things from zte, the htc wildfire etc. will tend to be more popular with the general public than pricier models from the same companies.
    04-20-11 02:09 AM
    Ahh, Bold-Touch + Playbook = SERIOUS BB LOVE!!!
    04-20-11 08:34 AM
    May not be the best seller but this will be the benchmark for all BBs and will be THE device for BB users. Its what most of us have been waiting for... for years.
    rrrebo likes this.
    04-20-11 07:42 PM
    I also have to agree with Najo here. The Bold 9000 was known as the flagship for a reason. When that came out, it was the top BlackBerry Smartphone.
    04-20-11 11:44 PM
    Don't forget, it was also the first 3G BlackBerry.
    That's right, seems like yesterday....they grow up so fast....
    04-21-11 07:53 PM
    I also have to agree with Najo here. The Bold 9000 was known as the flagship for a reason. When that came out, it was the top BlackBerry Smartphone.
    Some would say it still is, or at least many attributes of it.
    04-21-11 07:54 PM
    The 9000 was the best BlackBerry ever built and one of my favorite phones of all time.

04-21-11 08:32 PM
    im having a hard time deciding which route i want to take-dakota or torch 2. the large touch screen of the torch 2 is appealing to me greatly.but i don't know if i can transition from the bold form factor to the torch form factor.such a hard decision to make when you can only get one. the monza appeals to me too if it arrives on at&t early but i have narrowed down my choices to two so far.
    04-21-11 08:42 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD