http://www.pcworld.com/article/246990/blackberry_bold_9900_the_swan_song_of_a_standard.h tml

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by starman011; 12-26-11 at 02:22 PM.
    12-26-11 04:54 AM
    Wow, he says-- "I find a touchscreen keyboard easier to use" ..... He lost me after that moronic statement.

12-26-11 06:35 AM
    Unfortunatelly, the author is perfectly right. The 9900 is a big dissapointement regarding the competition.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-26-11 06:55 AM
    It is a disappointment but not a big one.
    We would have liked 1500mah battery and 8mp autofocus camera, but unfortunately thats not how RIM rolls lol
    12-26-11 06:59 AM
    It's better just not to go to the link and give him more hits. Better yet boycott PC World.

Last edited by beamolite; 12-26-11 at 09:56 AM.
    flash24 likes this.
    12-26-11 07:11 AM
    read the article, some things on par some not

at the end of the day "we" chose this device, doesn't matter what any other says

each is entitled to their own opinion
    EECGeek likes this.
    12-26-11 07:19 AM
    this is the best and the most accurate review of bb 9900 so far.
    all those review that says this bold is a major improvement over the previous bolds are the one that should be fired.
    the "improvement" that this 9900 have over previous bold are only its screen resolution, and the big size keypad which is very nice to use.
    in other aspect this 9900 is a major disappointment
    bad battery life, unstable OS, bad build quality, bad camera, bad signal and wifi receptions, and the list go on....
    12-26-11 07:24 AM
    Wow, he says-- "I find a touchscreen keyboard easier to use" ..... He lost me after that moronic statement.

Be fair pls don't miss his words: "but that's a personal preference".
    12-26-11 07:30 AM
    I now type faster on touchscreen than hardware keyboard. When I use a hardware keyboard for setting up a customers phone it now frustrates me. I'm sure with regular use again I'd get used to it again but I prefer touch screen now. With my Desire Z, I never opened the keyboard slider and typed everything onscreen.

It's a preference to be sure but I agree with the sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-26-11 at 05:22 PM.
    12-26-11 07:53 AM
    the spelling in this thread is nothing short of atrocious
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-26-11 08:54 AM
    In my opinion, the 9900 is not a disappointing device because, for my needs and uses, it is an excellent platform. That is all that matters to me.
    12-26-11 09:00 AM
    It is a disappointment but not a big one.
    We would have liked 1500mah battery and 8mp autofocus camera, but unfortunately thats not how RIM rolls lol
    For me, the most important thing is the device quality. I changed already the first device thet i used under warranty, now i'm gonna change this one again.
    The second important thing is the battery, or, at least the possibility of changing the battery with a higher capacity without destroying the device completely.
    The rest are following, but it can't make me change the device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-26-11 09:17 AM
    Its all up to personal preference don't go on what reviewers say go on what you like/need if everybody went on what reviewers said I believe most if not all people would iphones. But based on what people like and want in a phone they choose to go with a Blackberry or a Iphone or a android phone it just depends on what you want physical keyboard vs. Virtual one and the list goes on just choose the phone that works for you and go with it.

12-26-11 09:25 AM
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/246990/blackberry_bold_9900_the_swan_song_of_a_standard.h tml

You should be fired with that atrocious spelling of yours.
    12-26-11 09:45 AM

Many are more comfortable and lightening fast with touch screen keyboards.

A good typist on an iphone is quicker than a good typist on a 9900, lots of comparison videos etc to verify that.

Because the author doesn't share your opinion does not make him a moron.

It's one of the better and more honest blackberry reviews I've read.
    Last edited by uniquest; 12-26-11 at 10:08 AM.
    12-26-11 09:58 AM
    I guess you're being facetious...as I know you don't really think that. I like the phone, but it ain't revolutionary, unless you count it's ability to brick, nuke, puke etc...that's pretty revolutionary
    12-26-11 10:19 AM
    Agreed
    The 9900 is a disapointment
    12-26-11 10:45 AM
    What is even more RIDICULOUS is that we are giving this thread continued life. Expecting the latest and greatest iPhone or Android features on a RIM device reveals a lack of experience and unrealistic expectations. RIM has always been a bit conservative in development, part of which is due to less than focused sense of direction within. If your needs are for a secure, proprietary communications platform, a more than decent web browser, and a decent build quality, then the 9900 is for you. There is the bricking issue which is unfortunate but not typical. I have had mine pretty much since launch running on AT&T OS .576 with no issues at all. If the device doesn't meet your needs or fails to meet your expectations, then buy another device. You have to take what various reviewers say, some of which may be valid while others hava an agenda taking a small issue and building it into a fatal mistake by RIM. Why there are so many spazoids over a camera on a smartPHONE is beyond me. It is a phone with a camera and not vice versa.
    12-26-11 11:04 AM
    Many are more comfortable and lightening fast with touch screen keyboards.

A good typist on an iphone is quicker than a good typist on a 9900, lots of comparison videos etc to verify that.

Because the author doesn't share your opinion does not make him a moron.

It's one of the better and more honest blackberry reviews I've read.
    I use my ip4s mostly. When I need to type out a big one-- I pull out my 9900. :-)

12-26-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD