Hi,

I'm posting this thread as a question-oriented thread.

I'd like to know what the most effective contract tarrif in the UK for 9900 for 3G data usage / wifi hotspots. I don't mind too much about minutes as I don't use my phone for calls all to often, moreso the smartphones features and SMS' - so at least 100 SMS' would be great.

With that criteria in mind, I'm looking for the cheapest contract with the maximum length of 2 years.

I'm sorry to post this thread given that I've contributed so little to this community as of yet, especially when I could've put a bit more research in to this to find out myself.
    08-05-11 11:45 PM
    Carphone Warehouse has a cobtract for 24 months, 31 a month, free phone, 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb Blackberry data.

For 36 you get the same except for the minutes which you get 1000.

Both deals are on Vodafone and you really can't go wrong at either price.
    08-06-11 01:58 AM
    I should've mentioned - I've looked at that, I've looked mainly at Carphone Warehouse, but I was wondering if there was a better deal. If there's not, that's fine, but I'm pretty cheap and this is the first contract I'm signing in my name.
    08-06-11 03:20 AM
    ive gone for the 36 a month Vodafone deal. may have to up my data to 1gb for playbook bridge
    08-06-11 03:55 AM
    08-06-11 05:27 AM
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 Deals & Offers - Compare 150+ Deals - uSwitch.com I've been looking it up on here. Hope this helps you.
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    08-06-11 05:46 AM
    I've stopped getting the subsidized deals ages ago and only ever buy SIM free (often off eBay). I've got an Orange contract on a rolling 1-month plan that I can cancel at the drop of a hat and pay 10/month plus 5 for the BIS service.

100 free mins and 100 texts or whatever - which I hardly eat into with BBM and emails doing the heavy lifting.

If you calculate the 'excess' you pay on a heavy 2 year contract (and you can afford paying upfront) its better to buy unbranded and be free to chop and change as you want.
    08-06-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD