Hey, I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same situation as me, but I called the 1-800 number about 2 minutes ago and spoke to a very nice lady about trying to use my mothers line upgrade as my own. (she and I are both due for an upgrade, but she doesn't want a smartphone, So I am just using her upgrade and will keep mine for the QNX devices) SO ANYWAYS, I spoke to the lady and the whole point of the conversation was just to verify I was going to do everything online correctly, it was NOT to try and get more information on the Bold. So I spoke to her and I told her that I was planning on upgrading Sunday night to a new phone that was coming out Monday and I went on to just verify that what I was planning on doing (transferring the "upgrade" to my number) was going to go smoothly seeing as I am due for an upgrade, but I wanted to use the Primary line upgrade so my mother got $100 off the bill because that's all she is worried about. So anyways, the lady verified that it would work fine and walked me through the steps that I would soon repeat Sunday night (due to the leaked documents saying the 15th) and then she actually asked me what phone exactly it was regarding.

I then told her that it was the BlackBerry Bold 9930 and I then told her that there is no reason to look it up because Verizon isn't telling any of that information, but it has been leaked on the internet enough for me to know that it is true. (I took the road of just telling her that I knew it and didn't give a sh*t if she verified it or not) and then the funniest thing happened.. She actually said, you know what, I'm going to look to see what I can do and asked me to hold on. She then came back on and verified that I said "BlackBerry Bold 9930" and I said that was correct, and she then said "well it says that it is 'coming soon' so let me just see if I could set you up with the order right now". I then thanked her and waited on the phone for a few minutes. She came back and said unfortunately, the system will not let me put in the order for it, and I just told her that it was no problem and that I was going to stay up until midnight on Sunday to just purchase it anyways because I did the same thing with my current phone the Bold 9650. I told her that I actually used a friend's upgrade to get my current phone so I didn't have to use my upgrade yet because I am planning on using mine to actually get a phone that's about a year away (QNX Phone) and she just laughed and told me that I was clever (about using everyone's upgrade but mine ). Then ultimately she just said, well yeah, your best bet is to just do it Sunday night and if I really had a problem with transferring the upgrade over then I could contact online support and they would walk me though it because they are up 24/7. I then thanked her and we said our goodbyes and that was it.

(This is kinda the "TLTR" (Too Long Too Read) summary although it is the end paragraph of my story anyways, so if you are lazy, just read this part.) I mean I have tried calling Verizon stores etc. countless times and played as if I didn't know sh*t about the Bold 9930 coming out besides the fact that I knew of the name and they all played stupid when I brought it up (although they very well might not have known about it) but they have always said that the computer has nothing when they search for the Bold 9930, but then I pretty much told this lady that I didn't care because I knew for a fact it was coming out Monday and not only did she tell me that it now says "coming soon" but she actually TRIED to get the order to go through tonight, although sadly it would not let her just yet. I know this is not HUGE news, it is a big step in the right direction as it is more verification that it truly is "coming soon" so to speak and it didn't say that it was previously.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-12-11 at 08:17 PM.
    Mikey112 likes this.
    08-12-11 08:12 PM
    HEY...this sound a lot like MY story...LOL...I just got off the phone with a VZW rep and she confirmed the 15th and MY UPGRADE...I TOO was calling (on the sly) just to confirm my upgrade...at first the rep WAS reluctant about the Bold info I mentioned I read BUT when I started asking pricing details AFTER my upgrade she confirmed AND gave me a $249.99 NOT $600 price...BUT I HAVE to wait UGH!!!...I'm shooting for Sunday night...ya never know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 08:40 PM
    Nice! It makes me want the device more, lol. Is it a good thing to order it online/through the phone though? Like can we transfer over the contacts? And let's just say it doesn't work; do we ship it back or can we return it to a local retailer?
    08-12-11 08:41 PM
    Yeah if it doesn't work you can return to any vzw retailer

Mikey112 likes this.
    08-12-11 08:58 PM
    Yeah if it doesn't work you can return to any vzw retailer

Alright and how about the contacts?
    08-12-11 09:00 PM
    Alright and how about the contacts?
    After you activate the Bold, just bring it along with your current phone to a Verizon retail location and they can transfer all your contacts for you!
    08-12-11 09:29 PM
    After you activate the Bold, just bring it along with your current phone to a Verizon retail location and they can transfer all your contacts for you!
    Last time I tried that they kinda told me to F off and use the app built in to update them. Obviously they told me that in a nicer way, but they said that they won't ever do it in the store again. :X
    08-12-11 11:54 PM
    I use the google apps so hopefully it will simply load all my stuff that way.
    08-13-11 09:07 AM
    Just use an app, it's very simple. Google Sync and VZW Backup Asisstant both work well.
    08-13-11 09:31 AM
    I don't mind having my info both on my MAC and on the Google servers, but I just never felt good about giving Verizon my data, I just don't know why.
    08-13-11 08:28 PM
    I don't mind having my info both on my MAC and on the Google servers, but I just never felt good about giving Verizon my data, I just don't know why.
    You trust Google?????
    08-13-11 08:31 PM
    Lol, Google could easily do more with your info (targeting ads towards you, etc.) then Verizon could. What would Verizon do with your info (contacts)? I can name 100 things that Google could do with it though.. They make money off of ads.. Verizon doesn't give a F as long as you are paying your monthly bill
    08-13-11 08:32 PM
    Just use desktop manager to transfer to another device
    08-13-11 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD