You have no reason to apologise for someone else's misinformation.

I'm sticking with BB until they stop giving me what I want. Right now and from what I see with the new releases, I am very excited....
    06-20-11 01:47 PM
    Oh and by the by, if I'd bought 500 shares of RIMM stock in June 2008 at $148.13 a share I'd have spent $74,065.00 And If I tried selling those same 500 shares I bought in June 2008 today (June 20, 2011) I'd only get $13,180.00 back, a loss within two years of $60,885.00. Sure, RIMM isn't in trouble, and If I where a shareholder at that phone conference Thursday, I'd have yelled "HOW MANY DAMN PLAYBOOKS DID YOU SELL?" "I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S A** ABOUT 500K PRODUCED, HOW MANY DID YOU SELL???"
    06-20-11 01:48 PM
    You have no reason to apologise for someone else's misinformation.

I'm sticking with BB until they stop giving me what I want. Right now and from what I see with the new releases, I am very excited....
    Thanks Qbnkelt I love my BlackBerry too...but this recent info from RIM & Kevin on his podcasts and now BGR's article. It does make you wonder? I mean, in 2002 I bought the best Nextel device I could, the Motorola i90C which I had for two years, then Sprint bought out Nextel, and the model dwindled, I know, technology flys by, but "here today, gone tomorrow"
    Last edited by leftypepper716; 06-20-11 at 02:10 PM.
    06-20-11 02:08 PM
    Sales will push what they are told to push and what sells the most, which is an iPhone.....period, end of story. The iPhone is easier to sell, works with damn near everything and has 'cool' written all over it. BlackBerry isn't cool anymore.
    They will push whatever they are given incentives to push and it might NOT be an iPhone. My dad went into a Verizon store intending to get an iPhone and the salesman told him he didn't want one of those and pushed him to a DroidX, which he bought. Verizon wanted the iPhone as an option, but will happily sell Droids with a lower subsidized cost and same contract lock on the customer all day long and make more money. Why give Apple $400 in subsidies to get a customer on a 2 year contract when you can pay HTC or Samsung $250 in subsidies for the same 2 year contract lock unless the customer is **** bent on an iPhone. I'd like to see AT&T and Verizon to start giving Apple the same subsidy and see how many people buy iPhones when they are $350 to $450.
    06-20-11 02:43 PM
    They will push whatever they are given incentives to push and it might NOT be an phone. My dad went into a Verizon store intending to get an iPhone and the salesman told him he didn't want one of those and pushed him to a DroidX, which he bought. Verizon wanted the iPhone as an option, but will happily sell Droids with a lower subsidized cost and same contract lock on the customer all day long and make more money. Why give Apple $400 in subsidies to get a customer on a 2 year contract when you can pay HTC or Samsung $250 in subsidies for the same 2 year contract lock unless the customer is **** bent on an iPhone. I'd like to see AT&T and Verizon to start giving Apple the same subsidy and see how many people buy iPhones when they are $350 to $450.
    The exact opposite happened to me last month when, out of curiosity I went to a Verizion store to check out the ipad2 and the iphone4 (which IMO is the BEST UI touchscreen I've demoed) and sadly seen three Blackberry's off to the side (the Bold 9650, the Storm 2 and Curve 9330) When I inquired of any due date of the Bold 9930, the CSR told me, "If you're going to pay the additional $30.00 data plan, the iphone 4 would be a much better choice and we're not pushing BlackBerry devices anymore" I agree, CSR's try and sell what their managers suggest they sell. If one month they need them to push a 'Droid or the next month a iphone, etc. Most customer's come in pretty much knowing what they want, or have maybe two in mind to choose from, so for me, a pushy CSR trying to steer me to a device I wouldn't want, I'd go to another store or carrier
    06-20-11 03:15 PM
    They will push whatever they are given incentives to push and it might NOT be an iPhone. My dad went into a Verizon store intending to get an iPhone and the salesman told him he didn't want one of those and pushed him to a DroidX, which he bought. Verizon wanted the iPhone as an option, but will happily sell Droids with a lower subsidized cost and same contract lock on the customer all day long and make more money. Why give Apple $400 in subsidies to get a customer on a 2 year contract when you can pay HTC or Samsung $250 in subsidies for the same 2 year contract lock unless the customer is **** bent on an iPhone. I'd like to see AT&T and Verizon to start giving Apple the same subsidy and see how many people buy iPhones when they are $350 to $450.
    I hear you....my point wasn't necessarily that they'll push the iPhone exclusively, but they push what they are told to push......and most salespeople being commissioned will take the one with the highest commission and the best user experience....which we all know iPhones have a strong following - that's all I meant.

I pushed my wife into trying other phones besides her iPhone when her 3G died....she looked at Android, WP7 and always had my BlackBerry to mess with...in the end, the iPhone won out because it took the least amount of thought to use.
    06-20-11 03:45 PM
    While there was talk of a Sprint iPhone, I am pretty sure those talks have been killed at Apple. I have a small tie with someone with an in at Apple (guy already has had the unreleased macbook air for a couple months), and I asked him to find out about a Sprint iPhone and he was told it was talked about for awhile but they decided against it. Take it with a grain of salt but just relaying a what I was told.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-20-11 04:13 PM
    While there was talk of a Sprint iPhone, I am pretty sure those talks have been killed at Apple. I have a small tie with someone with an in at Apple (guy already has had the unreleased macbook air for a couple months), and I asked him to find out about a Sprint iPhone and he was told it was talked about for awhile but they decided against it. Take it with a grain of salt but just relaying a what I was told.
    Thanks for the info, the Sprint CSR who incorretly told me the Bold 9930 would be available by mid-July also said Sprint themselves passed on the iphone. But I've been reading a lot of different web articles saying there was a strong likelyhood Sprint and T-Mobile would get the iphone 4S and early next year Verizon and AT&T would get the iphone 5 (seems fair) I hope the rumor is true. At least have every choice then, Bold 9930, iphone 4S, Evo 3D...etc. But again like with the Bold 9930, we'll know within 2 months, at least IF Sprint does get it (rumor Apple & Sprint will announce it coming to Sprint Aug 24 and release Sept. 13, again RUMOR

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 05:11 PM
    If I was in earshot of a sales rep saying "We aren't pushing (x brand) anymore" I'd snap.

Being a person of somewhat higher rank than your average sales/csr/rep, I can say that not once have I or anyone in my position tell any store manager or sales person to not push a product, regardless of the subsidy.

Little known fact: Carriers subsidize the retailer(s) MORE than the handset manufacturer offers in GM. My carrier offers huge spiffs to retailers to activate us over the other carriers... I couldn't care less if you activate a Curve or an iPhone.... We make our cake off your bill that we suck you into for 2-3 years, not the handset. If anything, even after subsidy, unless you buy some ****ty LG flip phone, we take a loss on the handset, but don't care because really does it actually cost us anywhere near $70 a month to send you your net and phone signal? No. Does it cost $0.65 a min so you can call your mistress in Vancouver from Toronto? No. Our profit is in your bill.

Our phones are sitting next to 4-5 other carriers in Best Buy etc, and you' better be damned sure I want any activation I can get out of every retailer, regardless of handset.

iPhone or Blackberry or Android or whatever. Doesn't matter.

Max
    06-20-11 05:53 PM
    I agree, I think? His idea was to dismiss the "rumored" not even in the store yet BlackBerry 9930 and try and sign me up to an iphone 4. I totally agree, Carriers LOSE money subsidising devices, they're money as you've said comes from 2yr contracts, that they'll know they'll be getting $79,$99,$129 etc every month from you. Plus $200-$350 for early termination fees But my original point being Sprint will get a HUGE new number of subscribers (key word) if they can get the iphone 4S. Just ask Verizon

06-20-11 07:00 PM
    Stop with all the regurgitation threads! You had 400 threads (being facetious of course) about a mid July release and now tooting your horn about some stupid comparison with Apple releasing on Sprint. We don't need anymore threads about an August release - a lot of us tried to tell you that the 9930 was NOT releasing in July but you swore the CSR gave you the details. If it's August, it's August. If not, so what? It will release in due time.

For the love, just stop! And you're right.....I was a moron to click the link.
    I agree 100%.

He must think we all enjoy his useless and endless waste of bandwidth. It is like anything that pops in his head goes right onto the keyboard.

Too much time on his hands, must be lonely?
    06-21-11 05:19 AM
    I agree 100%.

He must think we all enjoy his useless and endless waste of bandwidth. It is like anything that pops in his head goes right onto the keyboard.

Too much time on his hands, must be lonely?
    Greggy, ya ol' bugger, you still follow me 'round 'castin your opinions of me...again, kinda like Mark David Chapman ashamed he couldn't be John Lennon...or like when Lloyd Benson said to Danny (wow! I'm a frigging' VP candidate?) Quayle, "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" I've tried making' truce with you, and yet, let the record show, YOU follow me and demean me..tisk, tisk
    06-21-11 10:28 AM
    Can't help it as you are GREAT entertainment!

Looks like I was telling the truth when you look at your last post!
    06-21-11 10:51 AM
    Can't help it as you are GREAT entertainment!

Looks like I was telling the truth when you look at your last post!
    I'm a cartoonist and a loon...guess they go hand in hand...not to metion I love Scotch!
    06-21-11 11:45 AM
    people who like android are going to stay with android, people who like apple will stay with apple, people who like blackberry will either stick with blackberry or they will switch formats, i dont see what the huge fuss is... people who dont know anything about smart phones are going to trend to apple or android because they are flashy, and do cool stuff, and easy for the most part... this does not take away from blackberry IMHO... i like blackberry, i wouldnt own an apple unless you paid me to, android would be my 2nd choice if blackberry did not come out with a phone that i liked

people get all up in arms like its personal... this is only the begining of the smartphone race, its going to get very messy im sure... and from that we will see some cool stuff in the way of awesome phones on all formats...
    06-21-11 12:51 PM
    people who like android are going to stay with android, people who like apple will stay with apple, people who like blackberry will either stick with blackberry or they will switch formats, i dont see what the huge fuss is... people who dont know anything about smart phones are going to trend to apple or android because they are flashy, and do cool stuff, and easy for the most part... this does not take away from blackberry IMHO... i like blackberry, i wouldnt own an apple unless you paid me to, android would be my 2nd choice if blackberry did not come out with a phone that i liked

people get all up in arms like its personal... this is only the begining of the smartphone race, its going to get very messy im sure... and from that we will see some cool stuff in the way of awesome phones on all formats...
    I am a BlackBerry loyalist who also owns and uses Android and wants to mess around with Palm/HP and WP7....and am actually now considering iOS with the new iOS5 updates. To me it's about the ecosystem, not the device. The device must fit, but if the ecosystem sucks, who cares about a device?

They all work together.
    06-21-11 01:39 PM
    I'm a cartoonist and a loon...guess they go hand in hand...not to metion I love Scotch!
    Oh NO!

I drink Scotch and love it!

Maybe we can be friends.
    06-21-11 02:02 PM

people get all up in arms like its personal... this is only the beginning of the smartphone race, its going to get very messy im sure... and from that we will see some cool stuff in the way of awesome phones on all formats...
    I agree. Right now I am taking a little break from my 9780 and using a Samsung Galaxy S2. I can not imagine Blackberry or Apple beating this. It is simply amazing. I have it check my email every 5 minutes all day and night and deal with about 40-50 emails and 20 to 30 text messages. I use a total of 1200 to 1600 minutes a month. The super AMOLED screen as almost unreal. Sharp, saturated and fast and yet does not use near the power that it looks like it should use. Easy to get through the day and still have 40-50% remaining before putting it to bed.
    06-21-11 02:07 PM
    From BGR:

While Apple has indeed been giving some developers access to a device known as the iPhone 4S — an iPhone 4 with upgraded internals — BGR has independently confirmed that the next-generation iPhone will not merely be an upgraded iPhone 4 as had been previously rumored. We have been told by a reliable source to expect a radical new case design for the upcoming iPhone, though we have not been given any additional details surrounding the design of the new iPhone case. What about a release, then? The consensus is that Apple is going to announce the next-generation iPhone at the company’s annual September event, traditionally focused on iPods, but we have heard it’s quite possible Apple will break tradition. According to our source, Apple may hold an event in the beginning or middle of August to announce the new iPhone, with availability to follow in the last week of August. We’re not sure if that means the iPod event will be moved up slightly, or if this will be an iPhone-specific event. Thisismynext reported earlier that the upcoming iPhone 5 would feature a new teardrop-shaped case design.
    I know, I know, it is from BGR and they are Apple crazies over there, but I saw the article popup and I figured I would post the text since it related to the topic. Don't know what this adds to the iPhone 4S completely, is the iPhone 5 the iPhone4S, are they completely different or what? But what it does reference is a possible August release which could be a killer to the new BB sales especially if it isn't exclusive to just 1 or 2 carriers. The crackberry loyalist won't buy it but the average consumer that just hears Apple this and Apple that, will.
    06-21-11 02:38 PM
    Oh NO!

I drink Scotch and love it!

Maybe we can be friends.
    Chivas Regal & Coke in a rock glass with block ice...or Glenlivet straight 2 fingers in a waterglass

06-21-11 02:55 PM
    Again not suprised if Sprint and T-MO get an iphone 4S in Sept. And then in Feb. At&t and VZ get the iphone 5...I'm sure everybody would be fine with that

06-21-11 02:58 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD