I have had my 9900 a month or so now so my use has leveled out, I have also been running the latest 7.1 leak for most of that. My conclusion is that I just do not think the battery life is good enough. My use has been with 3G switched off away from home and wifi on where there is a network, no 3G unless I really need it.

Left in idle or light use I think it is just about passable and I am seeing a discharge rate of 2-3%. The problem is if you really use the phone then the battery level drops pretty quickly, for example over the weekend whilst watching the football I got involved in some IM and twitter chat with friends and over the course of 45 minutes the battery dropped almost 20%. This is all GPRS and wifi, if I switch on 3G then things really take a turn for the worse.

The net result is I have found myself managing my 9900 the same way I did my iPhone which is if I can I plug it in, whereas when I had the 9780 with the same use I was charging every 2-3 days. I would not go as far as calling the battery a disaster however for a BB I do not think it is good enough not for me anyway. The 9900 is a very nice phone but in the aesthetics stakes it is no iPhone and in truth having owned the IP4 I'd say battery life is pretty similar.
    02-20-12 12:35 PM
    I have a 9930 and haven't seen the battery loss you are seeing. I know several people have swapped out there devices and saw great improvement. I personally feel with any smart phone battery life is never good. But with so many charging options out there I never run my battery all the way down.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 01:09 PM
    For the first 3 times, I've let my battery die out completely to the point where it turns off the radio. Even then I'll play music til it dies as in wont turn on. I then have it charge completely, I didn't see an improvement until last night when I loaded the 7.1.0.267 build 921. I had a discharge rate of 5-6% sometimes more. Now I get about 1-3% at the most, I AM SATISFIED. See if loading a new OS will help you out, and report back let us know how everything is.
    02-20-12 02:52 PM
    Never had that short of battery life on my blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 02:52 PM
    With all of the differences of battery life reported it does seem that the latest .267 is the most stable and easier on battery life that i have seen. There must be some sort of manufacturing fault with some of these phones as although each user will vary the way they access their phone and what they swithch off etc... their seems to be a huge amount of discrepancy between acceptable battery life and what some people are reporting.
    02-20-12 02:58 PM
    For general use as I said it is just about ok even if it is the first BB I have owned that needs to be charged every day. It does though drop like a stone if I try and do anything significant on the phone.

By all accounts the 9790 is no better for battery so this may be this my last BB. If I have to baby the battery on a phone it may as well be an iPhone.
    02-21-12 04:30 AM
    i think its normal, i have a bold 9900, with the same drain rate on 2g on standby. BBM, Whatsapp, and other messengers drain the battery like crazy. i know if i spend 2 hours chatting non stop, then i know my battery wont make it through the workday.
    02-21-12 06:26 AM
    I agree that .267 appears to be the fix. Currently seeing .57 per hour discharge at idle - which is the best I've found so far. I did delete BBM as I use PIN messages but I don't use BBM.

posted using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 01:48 PM
    It is no hiding that BB9900 is honoured with cursed battery life.
    It's really very bad for such a BlackBerry to be in BOLD family.
    always on EDGE,
    don't use wifi,
    no GPS,
    Calls for 60 Min/day,
    25 mails replied.
    And most of the evening I reach home with dead battery and ready to plug in for charging.
    I use BB for what it is meant...communication.
    I don't understand when some post about great battery life..
    May be they keep BB ideal without touching it..
    Last edited by infinus; 02-21-12 at 02:22 PM.
    02-21-12 02:17 PM
    It is no hiding that BB9900 is honoured with cursed battery life.
    It's really very bad for such a BlackBerry to be in BOLD family.
    always on EDGE,
    don't use wifi,
    no GPS,
    Calls for 60 Min/day,
    25 mails replied.
    And most of the evening I reach home with dead battery and ready to plug in for charging.
    I use BB for what it is meant...communication.
    I don't understand when some post about great battery life..
    May be they keep BB ideal without touching it..
    Yeah....what he said...^^
    02-21-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD