Hello, All!
    I am really considering this phone to replace my iphone, however, why the call /exit keys are no longer green/red as previous models? One nice thing about BB is its colored-keyboard. Disappointed they are gone...

Correct me coz I have never owned a blackberry.
    04-16-11 11:53 PM
    The things people care about never ceases to amaze me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-17-11 01:02 AM
    innovation and creativity are two tools that a business company needs to be successful.the red/green symbols may be have been rim's trademark but like any company it evolves through time.so now they begin anew with clear symbols on their devices.
    04-17-11 01:16 AM
    Reminds me of the "new canadian" driver that was stopped
    By police in richmond B.C. while driving their benz and the po po
    Reported they had the brake pedal painted red and the gas
    Pedal green.

04-17-11 03:20 AM
    I like the monotone colours, personally.
    04-17-11 03:28 AM
    remember this device is still under development. the keyboard is a really small issue, they can choose to put in the colours any time(I personally think it'll stay the same as before)
    04-17-11 05:30 AM
    I like it monotone. Fits in with the device I think and makes it look more modern.

People will get used to it anyway.
    04-17-11 05:58 AM
    Different carriers may have different colors as well, that was the case with the 9000. Not a really big deal to me.
    04-17-11 06:40 AM
    I like it monotone. Fits in with the device I think and makes it look more modern.

Agree, looks more modern, I prefer the mono tone colours
    I hope RIM did this to every BB ever released.

Not a problem for colour blind peoples, It doesn't matter to me either Colour or not.
    04-17-11 08:50 AM
    minor issue but I like the colours, even on the numbers. differentiation is good in my opinion. I would even like to see something other than a black or white phone. Blue or a red or even green wouldn't hurt anyone.
    04-17-11 09:23 AM
    minor issue but I like the colours, even on the numbers. differentiation is good in my opinion. I would even like to see something other than a black or white phone. Blue or a red or even green wouldn't hurt anyone.
    They usually make coloured variants of the Curves, but I think since the Bold is the flagship qwerty, they want to keep it pretty much the same across the board. You can order replacement cases from Colorware if you're desperate.
    04-17-11 11:50 AM

Agree. It looks a lot better, it flows with keyboard lighting

04-17-11 02:40 PM
    remember this device is still under development. the keyboard is a really small issue, they can choose to put in the colours any time(I personally think it'll stay the same as before)
    Exactly. Verizon normally adds the red numbers and att does not.
    04-17-11 02:40 PM
    I like the monotone only because it'll make adding coloured cellophane to change the colours under the keypad much easier lol

04-17-11 05:12 PM
    Agree. It looks a lot better, it flows with keyboard lighting

Same here, I really like the look of it so far and I hope that Verizon doesn't muck it up. Nothing against their green and red pieces with their keyboards, but this has a more modern look to it as is.
    04-17-11 06:09 PM
    Big Red likes to do that though...

04-17-11 06:13 PM
    I too prefer the green send key and red end/power key
    04-18-11 12:12 AM
    Different carriers may have different colors as well, that was the case with the 9000. Not a really big deal to me.
    exactly. a single carrier even brings out different versions of the same phone. there's plenty of possibilities. such minute details don't matter obviously, but it's always better to have options, no?

really looking forward to getting this device.
    04-18-11 02:45 AM
    I personally don't think it looks bad, but I also think that its a pre production model so some things are not set as of yet. Either way, even without colors I am pretty sure anyone who knows how to use a phone knows which side the call button is on and which side the end button is, not to mention, it even shows you a nice little picture.

Now, if they were like the i'phone' and took the calls buttons off the face of the phone, I could see why this would irk you. But as long as they are there it has the feel of a phone! In fact my mother used my phone recently, I gave her the calculator application to help her with grading for her students, she then gave it back to me and asked....was I using your phone?
    04-18-11 12:32 PM
    [QUOTE=Ekilla;6234253]I too prefer the green send key and red end/power key [/QUOTE

I do too - plus when I hand my phone to my hubby, I can say just hit the green key dear, - so much easier.
    04-18-11 04:32 PM
    I personally don't think it looks bad, but I also think that its a pre production model so some things are not set as of yet. Either way, even without colors I am pretty sure anyone who knows how to use a phone knows which side the call button is on and which side the end button is, not to mention, it even shows you a nice little picture.
    Not all phone brands have the end/send keys on the same side as other devices.
    04-18-11 04:42 PM
    I like my green send and red end/power off keys. I also like my red numbers on the keyboard!! Really hope that all the pics we've been seeing are just the development/prototype devices.
    04-18-11 08:18 PM
    although i don't like the colored keys either (feeling the monotone), it helps my identify exactly what phone sometimes people are holding or what carrier they're on (i.e. distinguishing a bold 9700 from Tour).

not that it matters, but sometimes i get curious.
    04-18-11 08:22 PM
    I wondered the same thing with the keyboard layout. For those of you that remember when the 9000 first came out, it came with the red end button and green send button, but the rest was all white (letters & numbers), which is when I got my Bold, then they came out with the red numbers.

I personally like the red/green and red numbers. It is easier when I hand people my phone to use that don't have a blackberry to locate where the numbers are.

To some it may not seem like much, but to others it makes it easier. A lot of consumers already will pay a lot of money for the phone, the least they could do is try to have some with and some without color. That way everyone is happy.
    04-19-11 09:38 AM
    I prefer it monotone. Looks classier.
    04-19-11 07:42 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD