Just wanted to share a few pics of modding my Bold 9930 to WHITE! Hope you guys like them! *Grins*

Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldtrans.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldtrans2.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldtrans3.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldtransfinal.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldupright1.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldupright2.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldupright3.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldupright4.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-boldupright5.jpg

WOOOT!!
    11-18-12 09:51 AM
    Looks nice I like white devices
    11-18-12 09:55 AM
    Looks nice I like white devices
    Thank you! I love white too...took a lil bit..ripped my KB ribbon the first time and had to order another...was without my bold for a week and a half GRRRR...but I got it done!
    11-18-12 10:02 AM
    I did that once lol the older the keyboard the easier they rip. Are all those parts authentic j clouding the LCD? Or did you buy a white LCD separate?
    westiewanderer likes this.
    11-18-12 10:34 AM
    that's HAWWWTTTTTT!!!!!
    11-18-12 10:39 AM
    I did that once lol the older the keyboard the easier they rip. Are all those parts authentic j clouding the LCD? Or did you buy a white LCD separate?
    after watching horror videos of ppl trying to seperate the digitizer from the lcd to turn the lcd white...I just bought a white Lcd! Im glad I did!
    11-18-12 12:49 PM
    after watching horror videos of ppl trying to seperate the digitizer from the lcd to turn the lcd white...I just bought a white Lcd! Im glad I did!
    Yep it can't be done properly without a heat gun and a dust free environment. Good choice on just buying a white LCD!
    11-18-12 02:08 PM
    Yep it can't be done properly without a heat gun and a dust free environment. Good choice on just buying a white LCD!
    That was what i thought...all the videos I watched the ppl didnt use a heat gun...they just rolled the digitizer layer off the lcd...messy and LOTS of cracked screens! LOL I guess thats not funny...but ppl should use their heads and do some homework! *Grins*
    11-18-12 03:17 PM
    That was what i thought...all the videos I watched the ppl didnt use a heat gun...they just rolled the digitizer layer off the lcd...messy and LOTS of cracked screens! LOL I guess thats not funny...but ppl should use their heads and do some homework! *Grins*
    Yea most screens have a adhesive applied between the digitizer and LCD at factory that when cools makes a perfect bond. So those white kits on eBay aren't even designed for that I think they are held on with two way tape of some sort.
    11-18-12 03:40 PM
    Yea most screens have a adhesive applied between the digitizer and LCD at factory that when cools makes a perfect bond. So those white kits on eBay aren't even designed for that I think they are held on with two way tape of some sort.
    Yes, I think you're right inthemix9!! Most videos Ive seen dont even address that...they just say that the mechanics of the phone will hold it together once you put it all back together...(I cant Imagine how bad the screen feels/acts without that digitizer layer in it!) LOL
    11-19-12 04:06 PM
    Looks to me like you did a great job on that phone ...enjoy!
    11-19-12 07:39 PM
    Great job. Looks like mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-white.jpg  
    11-19-12 07:47 PM
    Great job. Looks like mine.
    AWESOME!! looks amazing my friend!! Still grin every time im typing out a text on mine! *grins*
    11-19-12 08:27 PM
    Hey bro, may I ask where you got the white from and if possible is there a DIY floating around somewhere?
    AWESOME!! looks amazing my friend!! Still grin every time im typing out a text on mine! *grins*
    11-20-12 10:47 PM
    It looks great!
    11-21-12 12:23 AM
    omg!!! I can't wait til mines outta warranty, and then I can play too!! nice job!!
    11-21-12 02:26 PM
    The rubber border that touches the bezel is it surrounded black
    rubber from the black 9900 or did you get the 9900 bezel with three white rubber on the bezel
    11-21-12 11:50 PM
    Good job! I got mine in white originally but the moving you made have the same result as if it was originally white.

Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
    11-22-12 01:26 AM
    holy.. I didn't know that was possible.. looks great btw

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 08:23 AM
    Looks great!!! I always wanted the 9900 in white. So upset that T-Mobile never released the white 9900. Smh.
    11-22-12 08:56 AM
    The rubber border that touches the bezel is it surrounded black
    rubber from the black 9900 or did you get the 9900 bezel with three white rubber on the bezel
    Its white....you can order the bezel in white...*grins*
    11-23-12 11:42 AM
    Hey bro, may I ask where you got the white from and if possible is there a DIY floating around somewhere?
    Hey brotha! I ordered my full set from amazon ....just search for bold 99XX white housing complete...you can get the lcd there as well...it doesnt come with housing kits. You have to take your phone apart and look at the back of the lcd to see which one you need (001 or 002) Also...the kit I ordered from amazon came with a BLACK bezel...the silver metal part around the outside of the phone...it has a little piece at the headphone jack...and you have to order a new bezel in WHITE to get that piece to match..hope that helps! If not I can prob dig up my order details and find a website...I got some parts from china...they took about 2 weeks plus to get to me.
    Jandrsn36 likes this.
    11-23-12 11:46 AM
    I want to do this to my phone, but I'm too chicken. Maybe when the warranty is expired and If I haven't moved onto BB10. Looks great though enjoy!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-23-12 12:06 PM
    T-Mobile drove me nuts with the false advertisements I didn't understand that at all because I remember they even had a commercial with the white 9900 in the background. Talk about a major upset even especially When a customer brought in there bill with a advertisement on the back with the white 9900 displayed on it as well.
    11-23-12 06:24 PM
    Can I see the order details and a close up of the front of your bezel because I found a bezel than I could order from hong Kong but it shows me the headphone jack is indeed white they circled it in the picture but I ordered one earlier this year and it had the white earphone jack but the front rubber going around the screen through part that separates the bezel from the lcd was still a tacky black color I just gave up at that point.
    11-23-12 06:38 PM
117 123 ...