Today's review of the 9900 by Mobile Syrup -->

Review: Rogers BlackBerry Bold 9900 | MobileSyrup.com

I think its a pretty balanced, fair review, the only exception seems to be their view of the battery life, both Tech Radar and BGR had better things to say about it.

Thoughts?
    08-14-11 01:50 PM
    Nice review, agree also that it would be nice if RIM decided to use a higher capacity battery instead of the wafer-thin 1230mAh, but it's not a deal killer.

The rather short battery life experienced may have something to do with Rogers firmware .261 ... since upgrading to Vodafone .296 I've seen a big improvement.
    Yeah, I saw that he mentioned .261 in the review, and thought that may be part of his poor battery life also.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-14-11 04:07 PM
    i agree good fair review that i think is inline with others we have seen along with testimonials from people using the device.

The battery life on different OSs seems up and down. I think it might completely depend on the OS whether its acceptable or good to unacceptable or bad
    UrbanGlowCam and mechanic_joe like this.
    08-14-11 04:40 PM
    i agree good fair review that i think is inline with others we have seen along with testimonials from people using the device.

The battery life on different OSs seems up and down. I think it might completely depend on the OS whether its acceptable or good to unacceptable or bad
    Yeah hopefully it will increase with better optimizing on newer builds. Hopefully it will only get better from here on out.
    08-14-11 04:59 PM
    Yeah hopefully it will increase with better optimizing on newer builds. Hopefully it will only get better from here on out.
    I have already noticed quite an increase in changing .261 with .296, so I have to agree. It's only going to get better.
    08-14-11 05:01 PM
    see some people running 3xx arent getting as good as older OSs i think. I would have to look back in the battery threads though to be sure of the OS number

edit: guess it was 296
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-14-11 at 08:34 PM.
    08-14-11 08:25 PM
    Guys, firmware doesn't change battery life from being sub-par to great...

You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. There is absolutely no difference unless they majorly f'ed up and cause either a memory leak in an app or left the antenna on full blast at all times even if it doesn't need to be.

Placebo effect guys. You seriously think swapping an OS version suddenly gives you magical battery life?

Face the facts here. There is a larger screen, a CPU and a GPU and the CPU is about double the speed over the old 624Mhz processor. Also, the touch screen is polled along with the trackpad at all times.

What do you think this does to battery life when matched with a small battery? Not that great is what it equals... stop making excuses and blinding yourself switching the only thing you can feel like you have control over... the firmware.

Too funny.
    08-15-11 12:04 PM
    Guys, firmware doesn't change battery life from being sub-par to great...

You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. There is absolutely no difference unless they majorly f'ed up and cause either a memory leak in an app or left the antenna on full blast at all times even if it doesn't need to be.

Placebo effect guys. You seriously think swapping an OS version suddenly gives you magical battery life?

Face the facts here. There is a larger screen, a CPU and a GPU and the CPU is about double the speed over the old 624Mhz processor. Also, the touch screen is polled along with the trackpad at all times.

What do you think this does to battery life when matched with a small battery? Not that great is what it equals... stop making excuses and blinding yourself switching the only thing you can feel like you have control over... the firmware.

Too funny.
    I will agree. Your post is too funny. So far from the truth.
    08-15-11 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD