Hi, is it possible to use normal mobile internet insted of the BB data plan? I got my BlackBerry Bold 9900 after I signed a contract, so now I have normal mobile internt on my sim and apparently I can't have two types of internt service on one sim.
    I'm sorry if such a topic already exists.
    Thanks in advance
    06-08-13 08:33 AM
    You need to have BB services activated too so that you can install apps and access your email directly using emails.

i dont understand how ur service provider has activated just the internet without the services.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-08-13 08:39 AM
    As I said, I got the internet before I knew that I will buy a BlackBerry, and from what I understand BlackBerry can use only the BlackBerry servers for internet. The internet that I have now on my sim is not part of any BB service. However I have tried it on an android and it works.
    The question is: Is there an OS that will allow me to use the normal mobile internet (that I have now and is apparently used by androids) or I got everything wrong?
    06-08-13 09:09 AM
    You will have to get a BlackBerry service plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 01:43 PM
    Ok, another question... what should be the encription of the wi-fi, because I can connect to my router but I can't open any page with the browser or open tha app store. According to the info I found it has to be 802.11 b/g/n, but I still can't access any any page.
    Any suggestions?
    06-08-13 04:10 PM
    You will not be able to "open any page with the browser or open tha app store." without a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    06-08-13 06:34 PM
    You need to have BIS enabled. Basically go back to your carrier and tell them you need a blackberry specific data plan. Then it'll work. You've got the advice telling you this a few times already besides mine doing the same thing. You cannot surf without that specific data addon.
    06-08-13 10:22 PM
    Once you get your service provider to switch from a regular data plan to a BB plan , all will work well.

Only BB plans will work, although I believe some non BB phones can function on them also.( for internet use )
    06-09-13 01:07 AM
    Once you get your service provider to switch from a regular data plan to a BB plan , all will work well.Only BB plans will work, although I believe some non BB phones can function on them also.( for internet use )
    This is correct. I sometimes test my sim card in a non-blackberry smartphone just to see if it's compatible with wind mobile (or at least the 2G away zone) or that it's unlocked and yes, data works on non-blackberry phones.
    06-09-13 01:42 AM
    Ok, thanks for the help everyone
    06-09-13 02:56 AM